• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Forbidden West Delayed to 2022 - Original Leaker of Horizon: Zero Dawn PC

why's it negative? if the game gets delayed there has to be a reason doesn't there

Are you suggesting there was a tremendous amount of public backlash to what was shown and that's why it's delayed?

I'm saying it's not because of that. Assuming the rumor is true btw.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Are you suggesting there was a tremendous amount of public backlash to what was shown and that's why it's delayed?

I'm saying it's not because of that. Assuming the rumor is true btw.

does there have to be backlash for a delay? nobody knows how good or bad the game is.

White-fire

I have a very hard time believing that Sony has all these games being delayed to 2022 and not one releasing close to Halo: Infinite. One of God of War or Horizon has to launch in the fall, are they really gonna go over half a year without a game? Makes no sense.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I'm not saying that. I'm saying that if it's delayed it wasn't because of an extremely negative reaction to what was shown.

yeah because they haven't shown anything to have a backlash on, if you read the posts I have said the game will be good but we haven't seen anything on it

yeah because they haven't shown anything to have a backlash on, if you read the posts I have said the game will be good but we haven't seen anything on it

Well the trailer could have been terrible and heavily criticized. That didn't happen. So far they haven't shown anything bad yet and hopefully they never will.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
trump fake news GIF

Isn't it this clown?

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Anyone who thought some of these games were going to release this year with everything that is going on is delusional.

Even without covid this were becoming normal. Microsoft had to have known Halo wouldn't be ready and Sony definitely had to have known about this as well.

The normal schtick is to show games with the new consoles to build hype, knowing that many of them probably wouldn't be ready.

HeresJohnny

This was the game I was most psyched for aside from RE: Village. That sucks. Still, I'd rather they take the time and make it right rather than shit it out unfinished.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Every generation has delays going against them, but Sony and co. have to be held accountable gsmes are no where to be found people are chanting “WHERES ARE GAMES?!” this is unacceptable.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Important to note: This leaker has a very poor record (he stated that Xbox Series X would have 12-16 exclusives at launch and that TLOU2 PS5 would be a launch game among many other falsehoods).

So yeah, this is a worthless topic to even discuss at this point.

Andodalf

Banned
You’re not wrong as it was the first week of fall. But when I think of fall release schedule it’s usually mid October to late November.
"Fall" is weird because anything mid November on gets called "Holiday", but September doesn't feel like fall, so for release dates it's almost just October and a bit of november

Allandor

Well, I suspected something like this, at least the move to later this year. Last year we saw an early trailer of the game without gameplay. And than there is covid19 which also has a role in the dev cycle. It delays things. Things that were coming out last year were almost ready (just1/2 - 3/4 year, so most of the game is ready). So when covid19 came, the games more or less only had to get optimized, debugged, getting the synchronization ready, .... But most of the game was already finished. But games that would release this year, covid came when they were full in production.

Well, even without covid, when was the last time a game was launched on the promised date? I really don't remember.
Todays AAA games need their 3-5 years to be produced. This makes it really hard to plan an exact launch-date.

As a gamer 2023/24 is going to be a bumper year..you will hopefully have sonys first party releasing regular titles and MS warchest will also have a steady stream of great games
they may of also figured out the supply issues by then as as long as covid is around and governments are throwing around money i dont see supply issues easing anytime soon

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
As a gamer 2023/24 is going to be a bumper year..you will hopefully have sonys first party releasing regular titles and MS warchest will also have a steady stream of great games
they may of also figured out the supply issues by then as as long as covid is around and governments are throwing around money i dont see supply issues easing anytime soon
For patient gamers or gamers giving up trying to score a Series S/X or PS5, 2023/2024 might even have a mid gen refresh by then too. Why not? Sony and MS did it 3-4 years into PS4/XB1.

Specs might be boosted up.

At worst, MS and Sony will have (like every generation) a same spec system but with 2x or 3x the storage space. Or a slim model.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
The ones comparing the delay to Halo Infinites. I honestly believe it's probably Covid having an impact on development. If we don't see gameplay soon then that's something to really worry about.
You saying halo looked like a ps3 game? Come on don’t be that daft

Woopah

You’re not wrong as it was the first week of fall. But when I think of fall release schedule it’s usually mid October to late November.
Yeah that's fair.

It's the good thing about being a Sony/Nintendo fan. The former normally has a stronger first half while the later usually has a stronger 2nd half.

Sorcerer

I never thought it was coming out this year, and I think Sony knew it was not coming out this year either, they just put that information out there to hype the PS5. A game like Horizon or God of War will simply not be released in the first year of a console when so few have access to said console. Sony lied, I can see it in their eyes. The games could be done, sitting on a server somewhere and they still would not release it.

Last edited:
You saying halo looked like a ps3 game? Come on don’t be that daft

No I'm not. I've seen people comment on how some textures looked like they came from the 360 era and thats not entirely inaccurate. That's how much work it needed.

Also I would appreciate if you don't use personal attacks. I don't remember ever using them against you here.

Not saying it looks like they now but it was what was shown to us. Some aspects of the visuals looked like they belonged to another generation.

Last edited:
I never thought it was coming out this year, and I think Sony knew it was not coming out this year either, they just put that information out there to hype the PS5. A game like Horizon or God of War will simply not be released in the first year of a console when so few have access to said console. Sony lied, I can see it in their eyes. The games could be done, sitting on a server somewhere and they still would not release it.
Few will have access well into the first half of 2022 as well

However, Jim Ryan has already stated Sony plans on addressing the supply issue and they are going to save most of their units for the holiday I assume

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I like the character well enough and I appreciate the voice work from Ash but one of my favourite things is to rip the piss out of Aloy's way of speaking and how the dialogue triggers.

I was replaying it last year and when I was running down the hill from the first location you start at as adult Aloy I slipped down some scree, but it was only about a 2m/0.8 second long slide and she says in her ultra-breathy voice "OH! Scrabbling a bit", it just cracks me up that someone would be talking to themselves about such a minor event in their day in a way that makes you think she just got off a sybian.

Last edited:

mitchman

Gold Member
Microsoft didn't delay the game because of people that would never buy it. There were plenty of Xbox owners that gave negative feedback as well. If they didn't the game would have released as a launch title.

Sony fans were not the ones that delayed the game. I suggest you look somewhere else.
It's more convenient to blame someone else. Seen in multiplayer games all the game, it's called Dunning-Kruger.

mejin

No doubt there is a possibility.

But launching this one would probably get one of the strongest GotY contenders titles of this year and one of the biggest exclusive this fall. Hope they can make it in time, but if it's not ready better to delay.

GymWolf

I like the character well enough and I appreciate the voice work from Ash but one of my favourite things is to rip the piss out of Aloy's way of speaking and how the dialogue triggers.

I was replaying it last year and when I was running down the hill from the first location you start at as adult Aloy I slipped down some scree, but it was only about a 2m/0.8 second long slide and she says in her ultra-breathy voice "OH! Scrabbling a bit", it just cracks me up that someone would be talking to themselves about such a minor event in their day in a way that makes you think she just got off a sybian.
Never play day gone then, the protagonist talk to himself like a crazy mofo all the time, aloy is the tamest self-talkative person in the world compared to deacon.

(Does self-talkative even exist as a term?!)

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
I have a very hard time believing that Sony has all these games being delayed to 2022 and not one releasing close to Halo: Infinite. One of God of War or Horizon has to launch in the fall, are they really gonna go over half a year without a game? Makes no sense.

They aren't delaying games for fun, or because they want to. MS had a sparce year last year to have stuff this year, knowing COVID was a wrecking ball. Sony could have given Miles Morales more time knowing other projects would get delayed, but chose not to.

Kuranghi

Never play day gone then, the protagonist talk to himself like a crazy mofo all the time, aloy is the tamest self-talkative person in the world compared to deacon.

(Does self-talkative even exist as a term?!)

I got a taste of that watching a friend play DG, did seem a bit over the top ha.

Its not a word/phrase but its easy to get what you mean (as a native english speaker), I'd probably say either loquacious or garrulous, both meaning you talk too much but the second one specifies that its "talking too much about trivial matters".

phil_t98

#SonyToo
No I'm not. I've seen people comment on how some textures looked like they came from the 360 era and thats not entirely inaccurate. That's how much work it needed.

Also I would appreciate if you don't use personal attacks. I don't remember ever using them against you here.

Not saying it looks like they now but it was what was shown to us. Some aspects of the visuals looked like they belonged to another generation.

that was not a personal attack, with the image shown its zoomed in massively to look at the trees, again it was product still in development and not the finished game

Papacheeks

Banned
I've seen the image macro ofc, but holy shit this is the first time I'm seeing this, "dildo controller" :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I just love the intro, "Sup bitches". LOL this is before youtube was really huge, and chad warden was the first internet youtube troll.

All about dat PStripple. LOL

GymWolf

I got a taste of that watching a friend play DG, did seem a bit over the top ha.

Its not a word/phrase but its easy to get what you mean (as a native english speaker), I'd probably say either loquacious or garrulous, both meaning you talk too much but the second one specifies that its "talking too much about trivial matters".
Garrulous is now my word of the day.

Does it have anything to do with garrus from mass effect?!

Kuranghi

Garrulous is now my word of the day.

Does it have anything to do with garrus from mass effect?!

Don't think so ha. Its a good one, Ostentatiousness is one of my fav words, it sounds great to say but it also comes in very handy when describing games due to their over the top nature.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
it better be one of the GOAT with 5 years dev and being cross gen

guerilla used to be one of the most efficient studios with releases every few years.

5 is pretty unacceptable

Every time Gorilla was given time, they've delivered GotY quality titles. See: Killzone II, Horizon Zero Dawn.

Every time they were rushed to churn out a game, they've faltered. See: Killzone 3, Killzone Shadow Fall.

5 years is "acceptable" as long as the game is of high quality.

It's more convenient to blame someone else. Seen in multiplayer games all the game, it's called Dunning-Kruger.

Basically but it's a good thing that they delayed the game. Not many people liked the way it was presented so Microsoft reacted to the backlash and delayed it. This will mean a better product in the end. Maybe next time that we the game it will be the system selling exclusive that shows off the power of the XSX. Consumers win in the end.

that was not a personal attack, with the image shown its zoomed in massively to look at the trees, again it was product still in development and not the finished game

Actually it was supposed to release as a launch title. And it would have looked extremely similar to what was shown of they didn't delay it.

Do you know why they delayed it?

Please don't say it was because of playstation fans.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Actually it was supposed to release as a launch title. And it would have looked extremely similar to what was shown of they didn't delay it.

Do you know why they delayed it?

Please don't say it was because of playstation fans.

that image you showed was massivly zoomed in , trying to make it look worse than it was. Anyway you stick to your agenda

that image you showed was massivly zoomed in , trying to make it look worse than it was. Anyway you stick to your agenda

This one isn't zoomed on and got complaints.

Halo-Infinite-grappling-hook-combat.jpg

Why do you find it difficult to admit they delayed it because people didn't like what was shown?

I did mention earlier that the final product will probably look better due to the delay. Don't take it as a bad thing. I'm not the one that delayed the game.

Anyways you were the one that dragged Halo into this and complained about PlayStation fans trolling the game.

Edit: I think we derailed the thread enough. Back to discussing a possible Horizon delay instead of why Halo Infinite was delayed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom