• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Forbidden West Delayed to 2022 - Original Leaker of Horizon: Zero Dawn PC

Horizon Forbidden West is on course for late 2021

I remember there were some rumors about it being a launch title. I guess it's possible that it was delayed already. If Sony changes their dates anytime soon then we can start speculating on an additional delay.

Although the longer we go without seeing the game the more likely the rumored delay.

RockOn

I remember there were some rumors about it being a launch title. I guess it's possible that it was delayed already. If Sony changes their dates anytime soon then we can start speculating on an additional delay.

Although the longer we go without seeing the game the more likely the rumored delay.
Its not been delayed, did you even read post. New Sony ad states 2021

Its not been delayed, did you even read post. New Sony ad states 2021

No I commented on what Jason said. If the delay happened it was to the end of 2021.

Jason Schreier (An Industry Insider and a Writer for Bloomberg) also commented on Horizon Forbidden West’s situation where someone said, “Horizon will be delayed to 2022 as well. Bet on it.” and Jason replied with “Maybe, but Horizon already got delayed” which means that Horizon Forbidden West has already been delayed internally once it was only supposed to release for PlayStation 4 firs

Last edited:
Sony never said an early date they always stated late 2021 release
I'm not saying that Jason said it will be delayed to 2022. I'm just commenting that he knew about a delay that already happened but it's not the one from the recent rumor.

I don't know how else to explain it.

Gaming Journalist > Random Twitter Guy

Last edited:

RockOn

I'm not saying that Jason said it will be delayed to 2022. I'm just commenting that he knew about a delay that already happened but it's not the one from the recent rumor.

I don't know how else to explain it.
You don't have to explain as Jason is never right. Ther a new interview with Sony CEO and he states that its on track for a late 2021 release. That article links to it and take quotes from the new interview

You don't have to explain as Jason is never right. Ther a new interview with Sony CEO and he states that its on track for a late 2021 release. That article links to it and take quotes from the new interview

And the head of a FXA Studios is?

I don't trust him at all especially after what he said about the lineup.

It was delayed

Everything was pushed back. It's the domino effect

Returnal was delayed a month

Ratchet & Clank was pushed out of the launch window

Horizon will have been delayed from early second half to late second half.

Seems like that's what Jason heard. Sony is still pushing a 2021 release so I don't think it's likely that's it's been delayed to 2022. Although an additional delay can still happen. If Sony changes the dates anytime soon then I would worry.

We'll find out in June in any case. I don't believe it will be delayed further but yeah anything can happen

I'd guess their original plan was

Returnal - March

Ratchet - Between April to May

Horizon - Betwen July to September

GT7 - November

We'll find out in June in any case. I don't believe it will be delayed further but yeah anything can happen

Returnal - March

GT7 - November

If it's coming out this year we will see gameplay soon like you said. I just hope it's earlier than June though but since its a big IP it's probably part of a large event.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
This one isn't zoomed on and got complaints.

Halo-Infinite-grappling-hook-combat.jpg

Why do you find it difficult to admit they delayed it because people didn't like what was shown?

I did mention earlier that the final product will probably look better due to the delay. Don't take it as a bad thing. I'm not the one that delayed the game.

Anyways you were the one that dragged Halo into this and complained about PlayStation fans trolling the game.

Edit: I think we derailed the thread enough. Back to discussing a possible Horizon delay instead of why Halo Infinite was delayed.

I had stopped a while back if you check my posts but you carried on

back to topic lol

If it's coming out this year we will see gameplay soon like you said. I just hope it's earlier than June though but since its a big IP it's probably part of a large event.

It'll definitley be part of a larger event around june

I'd wager we'll get another State of Play before then, possibly in April, but it'll just be a showcase for

Upcoming Indies
Some third party AAA games (REVILLAGE)
And Ratchet gameplay

Then we'll get Horizon's release date in the June event + other games announcements to release next year like Silent Hill if it exists

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member

Returnal - March

GT7 - November
The very first plan (circa before Covid) was:

Launch:
  • Astro's Playroom
  • Demon's Souls
  • Destruction All Stars
  • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure
Early 2021:
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
  • Returnal
First Half 2021:
  • Bloodborne: Remastered
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Silent Hill
Second Half 2021:
  • God of War: Ragnarok (working title)
  • Horizon: Forbidden West
Plus The Last Of Us 2 multiplayer, aka Factions, sometime in 2021 as well.

Crazy to see how much things have changed during the last year.

Kumomeme

with how hard to get ps5 now, this is blessing in disguise.
with covid situation hopefully things get better by end of this year.

I had stopped a while back if you check my posts but you carried on

back to topic lol

It's fine everyone has the right to an opinion. You thought it was great others thought it wasn't. Nothing to do with this topic so I won't be mentioning it again.

But next time don't bring Craig into PlayStation threads otherwise it's just going to derail.

Fin

reinking

Gold Member
except when its Halo and everybody trolls it for getting delayed
You read what you want to read. There were plenty of people saying the same thing about Halo being delayed just like there were people trolling. Same thing that is going on in this thread. The persecution complex of Xbox fans is so weird to me. I love both consoles (all three counting Switch) so maybe I don't get my feelings hurt as easy.

Launch:
  • Astro's Playroom
  • Demon's Souls
  • Destruction All Stars
Early 2021:
  • Returnal
First Half 2021:
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Silent Hill
Second Half 2021:

You wont see HZD2 this year let alone god of war...i think the year will close out with Ratchet and Clank and some MP stuff or ps5 upgrade for LOU2 and next year you will start to get some bigger games

Orpheum

Launch:
  • Astro's Playroom
  • Demon's Souls
  • Destruction All Stars
Early 2021:
  • Returnal
First Half 2021:
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Silent Hill
Second Half 2021:

Where did you get the Bloodborne Remastered information from?

Edit: TELL ME!!!

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
You read what you want to read. There were plenty of people saying the same thing about Halo being delayed just like there were people trolling. Same thing that is going on in this thread. The persecution complex of Xbox fans is so weird to me. I love both consoles (all three counting Switch) so maybe I don't get my feelings hurt as easy.

it’s the double standards, one game gets delayed it gets trolled another (aledgedly gets delayed) it’s for the best, don’t rush it.

I have no problem either getting delayed and if the game turns out better then awesome but the double standards of how it’s looked at is what I pointed out

it’s the double standards, one game gets delayed it gets trolled another (aledgedly gets delayed) it’s for the best, don’t rush it.

I have no problem either getting delayed and if the game turns out better then awesome but the double standards of how it’s looked at is what I pointed out

Why do you keep bringing Halo infinite back?

I thought we were over this.

Papacheeks

Banned

It's not a double standard if one meets the standard and the other doesn't.

Halo has been in a weird place, and there was lots of talk of issues over at 343 and in how MS manages them. Where have you heard anything like that from Guerilla Games? Also it's about expectations, Halo was teased back in 2018, then a trailer in 2019, then a demo in 2020 that played fine, but looks like ass. One set expectations by yelling from the rooftop that their console is the most powerful, then shows really nothing to show off that power. Then shows a game that clearly was having development issues and wanted to release it that same year anyway. And this still was shown in the state that it was in.

Thats why it feels like there's a double standard. And it would be because one company has a history of putting out quality titles even if they get delayed, the other not so much in the past.

We were never promised a exact date, just sometime 2021, so even if it gets pushed its not like they showed the game in a bad light, we understand quality takes time.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
It's not a double standard if one meets the standard and the other doesn't.

Halo has been in a weird place, and there was lots of talk of issues over at 343 and in how MS manages them. Where have you heard anything like that from Guerilla Games? Also it's about expectations, Halo was teased back in 2018, then a trailer in 2019, then a demo in 2020 that played fine, but looks like ass. One set expectations by yelling from the rooftop that their console is the most powerful, then shows really nothing to show off that power. Then shows a game that clearly was having development issues and wanted to release it that same year anyway. And this still was shown in the state that it was in.

Thats why it feels like there's a double standard. And it would be because one company has a history of putting out quality titles even if they get delayed, the other not so much in the past.

We were never promised a exact date, just sometime 2021, so even if it gets pushed its not like they showed the game in a bad light, we understand quality takes time.

no gameplay shown so far for horizon a game supposed to launch this year,. They have shown a trailer with no gameplay so far.

simple

Papacheeks

Banned
no gameplay shown so far for horizon a game supposed to launch this year,. They have shown a trailer with no gameplay so far.

simple

Correct, and basically so did Miles Morales which released the same year it was shown, and so did Demon Souls. I guess once May-June come and go you can start making a scene.

reinking

Gold Member

That was my point. Xbox fans were saying it was for the best for Halo to be delayed and Sony fans were trolling. Same thing as this. Sony fans are saying it is for the best and Xbox fans trolling. It's not a double standard. It's typical console warring.

I don't mind any game getting delayed... Can't think of many examples where it's hurt, or where the game hasn't been better for it. Crackdown 3 is probably the shining example for me, that was a complete cluster. I'm sure there are others, but I think in general that extra polish is worth it.

I also admit that in the case of Horizon, after tiring of the first one pretty early on and abandoning it, I don't really have any emotional investment in wanting it sooner.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
That was my point. Xbox fans were saying it was for the best for Halo to be delayed and Sony fans were trolling. Same thing as this. Sony fans are saying it is for the best and Xbox fans trolling. It's not a double standard. It's typical console warring.

Let's not compare the two. Sony already has a couple of 1st party games, and some are PS5-only games since launch. Xbox got none.

reinking

Gold Member
Let's not compare the two. Sony already has a couple of 1st party games, and some are PS5-only games since launch. Xbox got none.
I'm not comparing the two console launches/ release delays. I'm comparing the two fan bases. :)

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I'm not comparing the two console launches/ release delays. I'm comparing the two fan bases. :)

Difference here Halo looked extremely bad, and even the new updates aren't great but much better. So Halo being pushed back is only to reach "acceptable" level.

There are plenty games. Not everyone cares about AAA games.

Im looking forward to Ascend, Kena,Stalker 2 nd then some multiplatform games. There are enough games for everyone to enjoy.

SirVoltus

There are plenty games. Not everyone cares about AAA games.

Im looking forward to Ascend, Kena,Stalker 2 nd then some multiplatform games. There are enough games for everyone to enjoy.

Kena.. for me it is the most interesting game to wait. I don't know but no sequel of previous sony exclusives are that interesting to me. Even this new ip returnal.

Last edited:

skit_data

It was never jam packed, it was already slim pickings.
GT7, Horizon FW, God of War Ragnarök and several quite big exclusive third party games, I wouldnt call that slim pickings. Its way more than an average year and many times better than PS4s launch year

WildBoy

It was never jam packed, it was already slim pickings.

I think Sony wanted people to think it was jam packed to sell the console. They always knew horizon wasn't 2021 let alone god of war Ragnarok. Returnal will be purchased in the mean time by most as there is nothing else after Ratchet and Clank...

cripterion

GT7, Horizon FW, God of War Ragnarök and several quite big exclusive third party games, I wouldnt call that slim pickings. Its way more than an average year and many times better than PS4s launch year

Most of these titles were never realistically coming on that year... Not even with taking Covid out of the equation.

I think Sony wanted people to think it was jam packed to sell the console. They always knew horizon wasn't 2021 let alone god of war Ragnarok. Returnal will be purchased in the mean time by most as there is nothing else after Ratchet and Clank...

Yep exactly so.

Last edited:

Phase

I realized I'm only interested in Forbidden West and GT7, so I'm going to wait to see what games come out way down the line this gen to decide if I even want a PS5. Might not even get it (and that would be the first time I've skipped a whole console gen).

WildBoy

If you are happy with your gaming situation now there is no need to jump into next gen... And I'm saying this as a Switch, PS5 and Series X owner. The party isn't gonna truly start till 2022/2023. Gamepass and now are great if you want to play lots of games but if you want new next generation experiences? Neither have made the case yet.

Top Bottom