• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West is amazing

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
I have hope that they will have listened to the feedback after this and make Aloy less hideous and whiny for part 3, and that they'll make the quests and map less Ubisoft-ish

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I have hope that they will have listened to the feedback after this and make Aloy less hideous and whiny for part 3, and that they'll make the quests and map less Ubisoft-ish
this is sony. they listen to complaints and double down like they did with even more Aloy talking and crafting, and in Spiderman 2's case, more MJ levels instead.

And thats ok. if thats the game they want to make, i have to simply accept that its the artists vision.

Mr Hyde

I thought Forbidden West was great. The expansion was solid too, albeit a bit short. Final boss was epic. Had a much better time with FW than Ragnarok, if we're measuring hyped sequels. Looking forward to third one (after that Guerilla needs to do new IP)

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I was never sold on the world in either game. It always looked like a bunch of people LARPing a simulated post-apocalypses scenario. "I'm wearing this chunk of metal and random bone on my head because... it's the post-apocalypse!"

It's similar to Starfield in that it feels manufactured and I very rarely felt like it represented the human experience.

Humdinger

No chance. Sales were good, and critical reception was good. Whatever negative feedback managed to penetrate their hallowed halls will be ignored, and they will keep trucking merrily along.

Woggleman

I agree with some of the criticisms but there was nothing wrong with how Aloy looks in the game. There was one mid development photo that made her look heavier and certain parts of the internet just ran with it.

cybertailor

Neo Member
one thing I didn't like is that playing the game felt like the world became visually more complex and detailed, but the characters movement and reactions to it did not. This created a wierd disconnect for me somehow, especially the first level, with it more tight area design, felt like alloy was just bumping into a simplified boxed version of he level compared to what was visual on screen. Could be just me though.

Madflavor

Game is absolutely gorgeous, Aloy is hot (to me) and likeable, and the gameplay is fun enough, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the first. What kept me invested in Zero Dawn is that it was a well executed Hero's Journey, on top of the mystery box of uncovering what Project Zero Dawn was. The Forbidden West doesn't really have that. Aloy kinda stagnated as a protagonist and wasn't as interesting, and the plot of TFW wasn't as engaging as the first. So I lost interest halfway through and stopped playing. I might pick it up again some day when the 3rd game comes out.

Top Bottom