• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Forbidden West |OT| Red Head Redemption - II -

Hoppa

Got the special edition this morning and have almost finished work! To anyone else who has the special edt, is the box supposed to have a lock or something? This is the first time I’ve seen one where the slip cover opens at the bottom but it just slides out so I can’t store it horizontally..bizarre decision

dorkimoe

Thank god I changed to store pickup. Got hit with snow storm again. Dying light 2 same thing happened and my game got lost for a week. Just hope the roads are cleared by morning.

Pedro Motta

Played it for about 3 hours up until the title screen, amazing intro.

The videos don't make justice compared to seeing it live, it's that good. Noticed a few pop in issues, surely they will be patched ASAP.

One thing that really stood out to me is the quality of the sound mix with surround, it's INCREDIBLE, one of the best sounding games I've played by far.

Enjoy people, this is a good one.

Lokaum D+

c1eex1h.jpg

Lets FUCKING GOOOOOO

Last edited:

Rea

Played it for about 3 hours up until the title screen, amazing intro.

The videos don't make justice compared to seeing it live, it's that good. Noticed a few pop in issues, surely they will be patched ASAP.

One thing that really stood out to me is the quality of the sound mix with surround, it's INCREDIBLE, one of the best sounding games I've played by far.

Enjoy people, this is a good one.
I played with the 3D pulse sony headset, the 3D audio is astonishing.. really well done. i think this game surprised me with a lot of things.

G-Bus

Banned
Nice OT! Great work. like that title.

Still firmly remember coming down a path in Zero Dawn where your met with a Stormbird in the distance for the first time. Can't wait to see what surprises FW has in store. 40+ machines and I've only seen a handful. I'm sure a lot are returning from the first but still.

Feel like a kid right now. Ahhh.

Enjoy everyone! We fuckin made it.

wooooo GIF

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
How do I get the ps5 upgrade? I’m not finding it anywhere.

It isn't available until launch. Yes they do this to incentivize just paying the ten dollars for the regular version.

Is less pixels the only major difference?

No. The Performance mode has serious compromises compared to the 30FPS mode. Check out the DF video for the full scoop.

Last edited:
It isn't available until launch. Yes they do this to incentivize just paying the ten dollars for the regular version.

No. The Performance mode has serious compromises compared to the 30FPS mode. Check out the DF video for the full scoop.
I can't! Lol. I don't wanna see anymore gameplay before playing it.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I can't! Lol. I don't wanna see anymore gameplay before playing it.

Oh. Fair enough (they spoil a SHIT TON of locations that would have been really cool to experience for yourself, for no reason honestly as there's no information in those spoiled shots). They do mention that they settled on the 4K/30FPS quality mode (which is definitely the mode I'm going for).

Last edited:
Oh. Fair enough (they spoil a SHIT TON of locations that would have been really cool to experience for yourself, for no reason honestly as there's no information in those spoiled shots). They do mention that they settled on the 4K/30FPS quality mode (which is definitely the mode I'm going for).
Then that's where I'll start.

Trunim

The game is shipping to me right now but cyberpunk decided to have an update so I'm stuck playing that now. Oh well.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Upgraded my internet from 100 Mbps to 1000 Mbps. I was ready to blast through the 90 GB download at midnight, but the damn ISP is having some issues sending full 1 Gbps signal to my modem so im stuck with just 380 Mbps.

Hopefully that means an hour long download.

amc

Been playing for a few hours now, amazing game. I've decided on 60fps because, well 60fps but there is a noticeable difference in certain effects due to the cbr in performance mode. The red shit/weed throws out particles into the air and the image scaling in performance makes it look quite poor, very shit compared to fidelity mode, in fact. Lot of that red weed about too.

Other things take a funky hit but overall 60fps is the way to go and it still looks phenomenal, especially on a 77" C1 LOL.

Last edited:

amc

I don't care about changes to her model but some of the faces Aloy pulls now are proper fucking derp central. Mainly when running, she looks fucked and out of breath after a shitty little sprint. Looks like she likes a bevvy or twelve out in the sun with that complexion too lol.

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

Perf mode is the way to go, i cant see any diferece in image quality sitting 6 feet away from my 55" QLED.

Edit: the red mist on Perf mod is worst but thats all i can notice, if u want the extra quality 30fps is very very smooth.

Last edited:
Anyone have weird visuals when using Fidelity mode?

If the camera stands still the image gets really sharp/bright and washed out, almost like HDR gets disabled while standing still

The moment I turn the camera it starts to look less sharp but the colors are more vibrant

This effect isn’t as noticeable in Performance mode…wtf is this? Is this normal? Also seem to pick up what appears to be some screen tearing too

Last edited:
Is anyone else not all impressed with graphics? I mean it doesn't look bad but feel like cross-gen holding it back
Looks very rough on my CX with HDR. Almost like the antialiasing solution is borked (or sharpening setting as mentioned above). Might refund if they let me and wait for PC.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
loooooooool at that hacker fucker, might be the dumbest story twist i have ever seen in a game, i was laughing so hard i almost fell over, its like if some npc from tony hawks underground invaded the game

Top Bottom