• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West - Tribes of the Forbidden West Trailer

Elios83

Footage with the scenes from the Game Informer article.
Looking incredible.
Just a little over a month to play this :lollipop_thescream:

FIbKELXXMAg0rNb

FIbKDm-WQAEKXdt

2sijwp.png

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
So ... is it actually confirmed that I can get the PS4 version and the upgrade on this game is free now to PS5?

If that's true, I'll actually get this at launch since I don't want to pay $70.

Crazy policy if true. $60 for PS4 and PS5 versions. $70 for PS5 version.

Man I've been putting off Horizon Zero Dawn, maybe it's time to grind that out before this comes out...
I'm playing it now. It's better than I expected.

So ... is it actually confirmed that I can get the PS4 version and the upgrade on this game is free now to PS5?

Same here. I had never played it but I just started and it's actually a lot better than I expected so far.

Cyborg

Yes

cc; PisswasserYellow PisswasserYellow

Bought the PS4 version because i know the PS5 upgrade path is free. Since it was a pre-order i think i bought it for like 64€ for the physical special edition (PS4).
Best decision i think.

Markio128

Gold Member
Looks awesome, no doubt about it. I actually quite enjoy these drip-feed trailers that focus on specific elements of the game, similar to the GT7 trailers.

Haggard

Banned
They keep showing new robots, new tribes, new environments. It doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. It's like a musician saying their new album contains 6 new instruments compared to the previous one.
this is a game, not a rock concert....
You are whining about more varied content enriching the gameplay...which is borderline stupid, or just trolling.

Last edited:
So you wanted fewer enemy types, less environments, etc?

Weird take...
All of these things are a given for a sequel. But that's not how you should sell a sequel because it implies that a game is nothing more than a collection of stuff.

Read my analogy again. If you ask a musician why his new album is good and he says it's got 6 new instruments, would that make you excited about it? Only if you were a retard who thinks that music is nothing more the sum of it's parts and adding more parts makes it better.

HZD was a good game but it had many weaknesses and things that could be improved on. Thus far they have devoted very little time to showing if any of the weaknesses have been addressed or if game-related things have been improved upon. All they have showed is they have added new stuff.

Last edited:
They keep showing new robots, new tribes, new environments. It doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. It's like a musician saying their new album contains 6 new instruments compared to the previous one.

only 6 days into the year and you have already won dumbest comment of the year. you knew what you were doing didnt you? whole thread already derailed right from the start.

Last edited:
All of these things are a given for a sequel. But that's not how you should sell a sequel because it implies that a game is nothing more than a collection of stuff.

Read my analogy again. If you ask a musician why his new album is good and he says it's got 6 new instruments, would that make you excited about it? Only if you were a retard who thinks that music is nothing more the sum of it's parts and adding more parts makes it better.

HZD was a good game but it had many weaknesses and things that could be improved on. Thus far they have devoted very little time to showing if any of the weaknesses have been addressed or if game-related things have been improved upon. All they have showed is they have added new stuff.
I think what they're trying to show is that they've expanded on the world with the new machine types and tribes?

What would expect them to show?

When Eminem puts out a new track do you suddenly expect him to be performing Opera? No, you know it's going to be more of the same - rap music

Elios83

They showed plenty of gameplay with tons of improvements compared to the original.
They added a lot of verticality to combats, there is now underwater exploration, you can use many different combinations of attacks including gliding that weren't present in the original (tons of gifs were made out of this as well).

This particular trailer is about variety which is crucial in a RPG to make the world feel alive and credible. It's not a collection of stuff.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Meh. I dont know how many of these trailers I can take tbh. This game's marketing has been atrocious since the gameplay reveal.

Show me a mix of storytelling, combat, dialogue, drama, setpieces. You know what trailers have been doing since well, forever? This shouldnt be that hard.

I think what they're trying to show is that they've expanded on the world with the new machine types and tribes?

What would expect them to show?

When Eminem puts out a new track do you suddenly expect him to be performing Opera? No, you know it's going to be more of the same - rap music
Fundamentally I expect them to show something that makes me want to buy the game. These videos are advertisements, the purpose is to sell the game. Thus far I have seen nothing compelling. Maybe I am in the minority but I didn't buy a PS5 to play the same game with new tribes. I am looking for a next-gen experience.

I want to see how the game is better. I couldn't even name the tribes in HZD because they were all the same dumb NPCs with different clothes. Adding more does not improve the experience.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Meh. I dont know how many of these trailers I can take tbh. This game's marketing has been atrocious since the gameplay reveal.

Show me a mix of storytelling, combat, dialogue, drama, setpieces. You know what trailers have been doing since well, forever? This shouldnt be that hard.

Really? Do you really need to be marketed to?

Last edited:

Dibils2k

loved the original but trying to replay the original (with ps5 patch), it didnt feel great, was abit boring

but i think i just need a fresh environment/story

skneogaf

I kept falling asleep playing the first one so I gave up on it but one I'll try again and pick this up later on in life. The graphics are excellent.

The first video that they showed was over ten minutes of game play highlighting parts of the new gameplay that they've introduced, that's the only video I've needed to watch but they have also released videos on things like combat. I can't comment on how effective that was because as I've said, I've not watched anything else.
I know that people seem to enjoy being immersed in the media for games well in advance these days but for me once I've read something that makes it sound like I'm going to enjoy it and seen something that demonstrates that, I'm much happier avoiding media.
Maybe the game just isn't for you and that's fine, they don't need to sell a game to every single person and if memory serves me correctly didn't some (or maybe it was just one) of their trailers break records with how many people watched it and how positive the response was?

Last edited:
Top Bottom