• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West - Tribes of the Forbidden West Trailer

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Imagine jumping in a thread to broadcast it, thinking people care.
who cares seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Yeah you could say the same of the opposite no?

Also if nobody gives a shit, why reply?

tmlDan

Yeah because a games quality is only determined by its looks...

But dont be so silly .. imagine getting butthurt just because someone thinks a game and studio is 80-85 calibre.
First game was an 89 MC, so I guess you're objectively wrong.

I do agree with your first point, i don't think narratively they're on the same level but that was their first RPG.

i think they can get there with this game.

I agree. People claiming BEST GRAPHICS EVA are very annoying. Looks great but hold your horses with the hyperbole.

Or…let people feel how they want? What difference does it make.

If you think demon’s souls or forza or whatever looks better, cool. No one can take taht away from you and i hate to break it to you but that is going to be a major talking point of this game next month

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Or…let people feel how they want? What difference does it make.

If you think demon’s souls or forza or whatever looks better, cool. No one can take taht away from you

Then if your going say that then people should at least be consistent and not cry when sombody says something which is not extremely positive about forbidden west.

Example
Poster1:looks good, hope there is moretraversal and less filler quests

Poster2 replying to poster1
breaking-bad-gus-i-will-kill-your-wife.gif

Last edited:

Sosokrates

First game was an 89 MC, so I guess you're objectively wrong.

I do agree with your first point, i don't think narratively they're on the same level but that was their first RPG.

i think they can get there with this game.

No I was saying some people think its an 80-85 not that its actually that score on metacritic.

I hope they can improve the areas which need improving, because zero dawn has a lot of great elements, the visuals and combat are some of the best in open world. Its interesting the villages actually remind me of the ones in gears 5. Where they dont quite hit the same notes as other devs.

I’m glad the stalkers are back.

So far lit looks like every past robot is back. Haven’t seen the thunder jaw, shell walker, watcher or billowbacks though

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I’m gonna need you to read the title of the video you posted. Slowly.
Meh, thats just one example. There are a million game trailers that manage to show off gameplay, new enemies, and mix it in with story, new characters and dialogue.

I dont even know why im listing these trailers. Every single trailer ever made is better than the last few trailers for Horizon.

Sygma

Meh, thats just one example. There are a million game trailers that manage to show off gameplay, new enemies, and mix it in with story, new characters and dialogue.

I dont even know why im listing these trailers. Every single trailer ever made is better than the last few trailers for Horizon.

The story of original Horizon was neatly kept under wrap for people to enjoy, they simply showed the world and some action to entice people to discover it all by themselves when it shipped

And I'm very glad they're doing just the same for Forbidden West, you already know what you're getting with all the glimpses they gave + the recent Gameinformer coverage anyway

rofif

Banned
It strikes me as looking very similar to zero dawn in that trailer.
Not a bad thing per se but kinda pointless trailer at this point. The best they could release is real, normal ps5 gameplay. like 10-15 minutes. 4khdr and all

Last edited:

On Demand

Banned

Guerrilla decided to take a different approach to marketing the game. Showing off environments and new robots.

I’m sure closer to launch we’ll get the action packed story trailers.

Either way I don’t really care how they show the game. I’m fine with how its marketed now. Too many games show too much in their trailers. I’m glad they’re showing very little as to story, characters, and world.

Guerrilla decided to take a different approach to marketing the game. Showing off environments and new robots.

I’m sure closer to launch we’ll get the action packed story trailers.

Either way I don’t really care how they show the game. I’m fine with how its marketed now. Too many games show too much in their trailers. I’m glad they’re showing very little as to story, characters, and world.

I already feel like I spoiled myself and there’s still a month of marketing to go

Rivet

It strikes me as looking very similar to zero dawn in that trailer.
Not a bad thing per se but kinda pointless trailer at this point. The best they could release is real, normal ps5 gameplay. like 10-15 minutes. 4khdr and all

So... like the 10 mn gameplay trailer they already released last time ? Didn't you watch it ?

Fundamentally I expect them to show something that makes me want to buy the game. These videos are advertisements, the purpose is to sell the game. Thus far I have seen nothing compelling. Maybe I am in the minority but I didn't buy a PS5 to play the same game with new tribes. I am looking for a next-gen experience.

I want to see how the game is better. I couldn't even name the tribes in HZD because they were all the same dumb NPCs with different clothes. Adding more does not improve the experience.
Did you read about the game at all…the previews…?

noise36

I enjoyed the story and setting of HZD much more than the gameplay, which lets be honest wasnt great. Looks like they know that internally have really tried to improve the combat and movement around the world which is great.

Last edited:

Yoboman

Gold Member
Meh. I dont know how many of these trailers I can take tbh. This game's marketing has been atrocious since the gameplay reveal.

Show me a mix of storytelling, combat, dialogue, drama, setpieces. You know what trailers have been doing since well, forever? This shouldnt be that hard.

I need a new uncharted

Corndog

Banned
Cool. Looks like they’ve made some effort in one of the issues I had with the last game. Boring dead towns and NPC’s.

Lets hope there is interesting NPC’s, side quests. And plenty of interactivity and life in these towns otherwise it will be wasted again
I will believe that when I see it. First town in original game had lots of people and even a little interaction. Rest of the game had almost none.

zkorejo

Aloy is still dressed like a nun but that's like last of my concerns.

The story/lore seems to have deepened in this one.

There seems to be more meat to the game in terms of antagonists and the mysterious secret Tribe is really intriguing. I hope it's not a dud.

The world looks fantastic. Graphics look so damn good. I hope we can fly in this one. Not glide. But actually fly on those bird machines.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Aloy is still dressed like a nun but that's like last of my concerns.

The story/lore seems to have deepened in this one.

There seems to be more meat to the game in terms of antagonists and the mysterious secret Tribe is really intriguing. I hope it's not a dud.

The world looks fantastic. Graphics look so damn good. I hope we can fly in this one. Not glide. But actually fly on those bird machines.
There is a gigantic quantity of lore in the first game already tho

this channel cover all of it, i bet people don't know 50% of what this guy is talking about in his videos.

I'm a super fanboy of the game and i didn't know some details and theories for the sequel that he speak about.

Last edited:

zkorejo

There is a gigantic quantity of lore in the first game already tho

this channel cover all of it, i bet people don't know 50% of what this guy is talking about in his videos.

Yeah but I honestly thought they could have presented it better. Not everyone is going to pay attention to logs and audio logs. Like I completely missed out on Gaia/Hades struggle for authority.

Last edited:
Top Bottom