• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many Square Enix published games have you purchased in the past 12 months?

How many Square Enix published games have you purchased since November of last year?

• Total voters

PanzerCute

So many of them.

Triangle Strategy, Harvestella, FF7 Crisis Core, Forspoken, FF16, Star Ocean 6, Diofield Chronicles, Tactics Ogre Remastered, Star Ocean 2 second story R, Strangers of Paradise, Chrono Cross Remastered, Octopath Traveler 2, Live a Live.

The only one I didnt like was FF7 Crisis Core. Too "raw" and PSP to me. The rest range from pretty good to absolutely amazing (yes, even Forspoken, writing and campaign were abysmaly bad, side activities were simplistic, but the rest was excellent rofif rofif you are not alone!)

Chukhopops

I bought FFXVI and Star Ocean: The Divine Force. Both were major disappointments and it feels SE is outclassed in both classic and “modern” JRPGs.

I still want to believe Rebirth can honor the legacy of 2000s Squaresoft.

Synless

Almost all of them. I still need Live A Live and Triangle Strategy.

Octopath II, Theaterythym and FF16 were the real standouts for me.

I am sick of hearing about their output though. Their games are all above or at level of any other rpg released. Persona 5 included.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
So many of them.

Triangle Strategy, Harvestella, FF7 Crisis Core, Forspoken, FF16, Star Ocean 6, Diofield Chronicles, Tactics Ogre Remastered, Star Ocean 2 second story R, Strangers of Paradise, Chrono Cross Remastered, Octopath Traveler 2, Live a Live.

The only one I didnt like was FF7 Crisis Core. Too "raw" and PSP to me. The rest range from pretty good to absolutely amazing (yes, even Forspoken, writing and campaign were abysmaly bad, side activities were simplistic, but the rest was excellent rofif rofif you are not alone!)
haha I've been meaning to check out ff7 drisis core or strangers of paradise but I don't have nostalgia for ff games. I just love 7 remake and XV.

As for the thread. If we consider all SE games, not only new releases. In last few months I've got: Nier automata ps4, FF XV ps4 special edition (that nice steelbook edition), FF16 and Forspoken

haha I've been meaning to check out ff7 drisis core or strangers of paradise but I don't have nostalgia for ff games. I just love 7 remake and XV.

As for the thread. If we consider all SE games, not only new releases. In last few months I've got: Nier automata ps4, FF XV ps4 special edition (that nice steelbook edition), FF16 and Forspoken
All Square's past releases are fair game as long as you bought them physically or digitally in the last 12 months no matter the year they originally released.

And for those who own the FF Pixel Remaster (whole collection either physically or digitally) I would honestly count it as 6 separate games instead of 1. So for example if this year you've got FFXVI and the FF Pixel Remaster then you should vote for the 7 - 10 option instead of the 1-3.

Oh and speaking of the FF Pixel Remaster a big "thank you" to Square Enix for making the PS4 SKU exclusive to its store which has resulted in most of the fans missing out on this physical release.

Go_Ly_Dow

The companies slowly been turning it around since the PS3 gen, caught up on the tech front and doing some nice things visually in their games, as well as built up a good pipeline of 3rd party partners to speed up development. Definitely not perfect and still makes misteps but my faith is restored that they're heading in the right direction.

They still have a lot coming this gen:

+FFXVI DLCs
+FFXIV Dawntrail and graphics overhaul
+FFIX Remake (has to be real at this point)
+FFVIIR-3

And a lot more to be announced.

Last edited:

Shut0wen

Barely ever buy there games except for mario rpg which i got today and triangle strategy which i brought years ago, same with dragon quest 12 or whatever one that just came out, not interested in final fantasy but i love dragon quest except for the spin games which are just shit imo

Thabass

LOL. You're talking to Mr. Square Enix here. I have bought many:

Final Fantasy XVI (CE)
FFVII: Crisis Core ~ Reunion
Super Mario RPG Remake (yeah fuck you I'm adding that in here too)
Star Ocean 2nd Story R
Star Ocean VI: The Divine Force
Harvestella
Tactics Ogre Remake
Octopath Traveler II

Pre-ordered the FFVII Rebirth CE and will be pre-ordering newest FFXIV Expansion: Dawntrail for the CE as well.

Shifty1897

In the last year:
FF16
Star Ocean The Divine Force
Valkyrie Elysium
Tactics Ogre Reborn
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth (PS4)
Nier Automata (Already owned it on Steam but my PC died)
FF7R Intermission DLC

DANG.

El Muerto

Forspoken
Valkyrie Elysium
Stranger of Paradise
Harvestella
World of Final Fantasy
So burned out on FF VII. I'd rather play a mid new ip than a remake/remaster.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Bought the FF16 hype, but didn't love the game. Though I did finish it and don't regret the purchase, but it didn't live up to the potential showed in the demo.

That was it for me. I will grab the Star Ocean 2 remake at some point when I have the bandwidth.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt check the OP and share your list of Square Enix games that you've picked up recently. :p

Neo The World Ends With You (Switch)
Nier Automata (Switch)
Final Fantasy 12 The Zodiac Age (Switch)
Final Fantasy 10/10-2 (Switch)
Final Fantasy Remake Intergrade (Steam)
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion (Switch)
Star Ocean The Divine Force (PS4, Steam)
Dragon Quest 11 S (Switch)
Live A Live (Switch)
Octopath Traveler (Switch)
Bravely Default II (Switch)
Triangle Strategy (Switch)
Star Ocean The Second Story R (Switch)
Tactics Ogre Reborn (Switch)
Chrono Cross Remaster (Switch)

I have more but can't think of them at the moment

Codes 208

0, i think the last game they made/published that i bought was one of the tomb raiders titles. I dont care for FF, DQ or KH

Well so far, i will be getting SMRPG for the switch which is a alight gray area since its made by an associating company of SE rather than them directly but if it counts then yeah

Pelao

I have several of those, but the only ones I've bought since last November are Crisis Core Reunion and FF XVI.

Robb

Gold Member
None, they don’t really make games I enjoy. Although I think I might give the new FF a shot when I get a Ps5 since it seems to be more action and less RPG.

Because of a clearance sale I found I actually ended up with a lot of Square games this year. During that I got: On PS5, Valkyrie Elysium and Stranger of Paradise, also Nier Replicant. On Switch, Octopath Traveler II, Bravely Default 2, Harvestella, Nier Automata (that was a impulse buy and a half), and Crisis Core Reunion.

Besides that, I got Final Fantasy XVI and Pixel Remaster (Switch). Also since there is a Star Ocean sale currently on PSN I decided just to buy all 6 Star Ocean games on PS5 when I ordered Star Ocean Second Story R.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
MV5BZDExZDI4MmItNGRlMC00YTcyLTg0NTItZDk4ZGE5YzQwZDdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTY0Nzk1MzI@._V1_.jpg
MV5BZDI2ZDAwNDUtN2JhOC00NDg5LWIwZjItOGY0N2Y0YzVmN2M0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA0MTM5NjI2._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
EGS_OCTOPATHTRAVELER_SquareEnixACQUIRECorp_S6-1200x1600-b9743674fc7c7d858f7fc127854d5e1b.jpg
113582_Octopath_Traveler_2.jpg
MV5BMTQ4N2E0M2EtNjRkYy00NjI2LTgwNmItYzJhNTBiMDk0NDVlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA0MTM5NjI2._V1_.jpg
MV5BY2JlY2NiMTQtNzExYS00MDIxLTg0ZDMtYTc2ZjA0M2E1MDNhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTY0Nzk1MzI@._V1_.jpg
300px-Tactics_ogre_reborn_cover.jpg

81J-uEoQ6WL.jpg
PS5-FF7-Crisis-Core-Reunion.jpg
FinalFantasyXV.jpg
FFXVI_ART_coverH1_rev0__24577.1688053518.jpg
448607-582468.jpg
91CSVJx8fgL.jpg
hero-bg-xs_2x_3fb6046f_2_.jpg

I might missing some.

Zathalus

Six for the past twelve months. More in total.

- Final Fantasy 16
- Forspoken
- Star Ocean The second story R
- Live a Live
- Crisis Core Final Fantasy 7 Reunion
- Octopath Traveler 2

Last edited:

sigmaZ

This year:
Tactics Ogre Reborn
Octopath Traveler 2
Star Ocean Second Story R
FF16
Live a Live

The best to be honest are OT2 and Star Ocean.
Biggest disappointment was FF16.

Last edited:

EDMIX

FFXVI PS5
FF III PC version
FF III remake PC version
FFIV PC version
FFIV After years PC version
FFXIII PC version
Octopath Traveler PC version
Ocotpath Traveler II PS5 version
Bravely Default II PC version

and.......yea i'ma need to take that poll again lol

Will buy FFVII Crisis Core remake

Will likely also buy World Of Final Fantasy 2 and Bravely Default 3 when they come out next year........(I see I've said too much) -_-

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Probably just FFXVI. Not really interested in their nostalgia-aimed low budget products to be honest.

yansolo

0 for me, the last sq games i played in the past few years was nier automata which was awesome, and the ff7 remake which was ok, if it didnt play on the love fans have for the original i think it would be pretty average, i prefer the original on the ps1. I feel like square dont make the same quality titles like they used to back in the day.

GymWolf

Only foreskin, the shameless final remilk 7 part 1 and ff16.

Before that, nier automata og version.

And to think that square was in my top 3 developers during ps1 times...

Neo The World Ends With You (Switch)
Nier Automata (Switch)
Final Fantasy 12 The Zodiac Age (Switch)
Final Fantasy 10/10-2 (Switch)
Final Fantasy Remake Intergrade (Steam)
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion (Switch)
Star Ocean The Divine Force (PS4, Steam)
Dragon Quest 11 S (Switch)
Live A Live (Switch)
Octopath Traveler (Switch)
Bravely Default II (Switch)
Triangle Strategy (Switch)
Star Ocean The Second Story R (Switch)
Tactics Ogre Reborn (Switch)
Chrono Cross Remaster (Switch)

I have more but can't think of them at the moment

MV5BZDExZDI4MmItNGRlMC00YTcyLTg0NTItZDk4ZGE5YzQwZDdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTY0Nzk1MzI@._V1_.jpg
MV5BZDI2ZDAwNDUtN2JhOC00NDg5LWIwZjItOGY0N2Y0YzVmN2M0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA0MTM5NjI2._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
EGS_OCTOPATHTRAVELER_SquareEnixACQUIRECorp_S6-1200x1600-b9743674fc7c7d858f7fc127854d5e1b.jpg
113582_Octopath_Traveler_2.jpg
MV5BMTQ4N2E0M2EtNjRkYy00NjI2LTgwNmItYzJhNTBiMDk0NDVlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA0MTM5NjI2._V1_.jpg
MV5BY2JlY2NiMTQtNzExYS00MDIxLTg0ZDMtYTc2ZjA0M2E1MDNhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTY0Nzk1MzI@._V1_.jpg
300px-Tactics_ogre_reborn_cover.jpg

81J-uEoQ6WL.jpg
PS5-FF7-Crisis-Core-Reunion.jpg
FinalFantasyXV.jpg
FFXVI_ART_coverH1_rev0__24577.1688053518.jpg
448607-582468.jpg
91CSVJx8fgL.jpg
hero-bg-xs_2x_3fb6046f_2_.jpg

I might missing some.

Great pick-ups! Have a question though as both of you have it there on your lists. Is Tactics Ogre Reborn worth picking up if I never played the original release and thus have no nostalgia for it?
If it helps, the PS5 release is currently on sale for 15€ at a local retailer.

71ziP31I7PL._AC_SL1149_.jpg

Dazraell

Out of new releases I bought Crisis Core: Reunion and FFXVI and out of the older releases, I bought FFVIII Remastered and Kingdom Hearts: All-In-One compilation (which turns out isn't complete as it doesn't have DLC to third game but anyways)

Great pick-ups! Have a question though as both of you have it there on your lists. Is Tactics Ogre Reborn worth picking up if I never played the original release and thus have no nostalgia for it?
If it helps, the PS5 release is currently on sale for 15€ at a local retailer.

71ziP31I7PL._AC_SL1149_.jpg

I love Tactics Ogre Reborn. I highly recommend it

Also SlimeGooGoo SlimeGooGoo didn't know that you were such a big Square Enix fan. My faith in you has been restored.

300px-Surprised_Pikachu_HD.jpg

Mr Negativity isn't a fan of anything 😏

FFXVI PS5
FF III PC version
FF III remake PC version
FFIV PC version
FFIV After years PC version
FFXIII PC version
Octopath Traveler PC version
Ocotpath Traveler II PS5 version
Bravely Default II PC version

and.......yea i'ma need to take that poll again lol

Will buy FFVII Crisis Core remake

Will likely also buy World Of Final Fantasy 2 and Bravely Default 3 when they come out next year........(I see I've said too much) -_-
If you ever plan on getting the whole FF Pixel Remaster collection (or just the titles you're missing) it will count as another 6 games for the poll in my OP. :p
Great pick-ups there, btw! :D

Last edited:
More than I thought when I really counted them..

FF X HD Ps4/Switch, Crisis Core Switch, XVI PS5, Triangle Strategy Switch (loved this), Bravely Default II, Octopath, Stranger, and Pixel Remaster. Dang. And really more, because I bought the FF IX and VII/VIII port for Switch also. Edit: AND FF XII Switch. I wanted all FF I-XII on Switch and I do now. Love it.

Last edited:
What annoys me about the company is they have great IPs, but they do crap like HD 2D remakes with crappy 3D backgrounds. They used to be the JRPG industry leader prior to the PS3 generation but now Atlus drinks their milkshake.

Top Bottom