• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many Square Enix published games have you purchased in the past 12 months?

How many Square Enix published games have you purchased since November of last year?

• Total voters
Only one
H4UPb7k.jpg

Last year I got only Nier Replicant, but I didn’t enjoy it nierly as much as Automata. The side quests were a huge chore and I wish it had had the option to play as Pappa Nier instead of the Raiden wannabee brother version. I ended up shelving it and later trading it in.

K2D

Banned
For those who played Crisis Core on psp and Ps4 - was it worth it to play through a second time?

Dorago

I got a used copy of DQ XI non special edition. I'm interested in a PS5 copy of Nier Automata and the Tactics Ogre remake when its price drops.

Edit - also the Pixel remasters. Probably just I and VI though.

Last edited:

K2D

Banned
If you liked Crisis Core then I say sure, if not Reunion is not gonna change your mind.
Honestly it closing up on 2 decades and I don't remember anything except that I enjoyed it and didn't think it deserved a second playthrough.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Honestly it closing up on 2 decades and I don't remember anything except that I enjoyed it and didn't think it deserved a second playthrough.
Te Reunion version has combat improvements and of course the visuals but core still pretty much the same.

Ive been meaning to pick the collection up on switch for months but the $119 cdn price tag always deters me lol
Oh yeah, I totally get that as I've been meaning to snag a copy ever since I missed the original European pre-order window back in April. I've actually picked the Switch FF Pixel Remaster up just last month, but from a local independent game store which imported it from PlayAsia. Overall it cost me €110 (VAT and shipping included) which is around 165 CAD :messenger_grinning_sweat: , but I'm content with it since the purchase is from a very trusted store that offers me good discounts on Switch and PS4/PS5 preorders and also stocks niche titles from Japan and various indie releases and even LRG games.

Sleepwalker

Oh yeah, I totally get that as I've been meaning to snag a copy ever since I missed the original European pre-order window back in April. I've actually picked the Switch FF Pixel Remaster up just last month, but from a local independent game store which imported it from PlayAsia. Overall it cost me €110 (VAT and shipping included) which is around 165 CAD :messenger_grinning_sweat: , but I'm content with it since the purchase is from a very trusted store that offers me good discounts on Switch and PS4/PS5 preorders and also stocks niche titles from Japan and various indie releases and even LRG games.
Realistically I would strongly prefer a PS4 version but we know what happened there.

I'll bite the bullet from VGP at some point next month, I'm sure these play asia copies will end up evaporating if I leave it too long.

Realistically I would strongly prefer a PS4 version but we know what happened there.

I'll bite the bullet from VGP at some point next month, I'm sure these play asia copies will end up evaporating if I leave it too long.
Yeah, the PS4 physical release was a total fiasco and tons of playstation only fans have missed out on it...
They should reprint it and do an open-preorder on their store so that every fan can get a physical copy, but it looks like we can't have nice things anymore.

But yeah, the stock at VGP won't last forever so I guess you'll have to snag a copy sooner rather than later. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Daymos

8.. well 9 if final bar line was in the past 12 months. It seems like everyone hates Square/enix but without them the JRPG scene would be really sad.. there would be nothing but indie games for months on end! It's like people want that though, like people need more suffering to appreciate what they used to have or something.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

8.. well 9 if final bar line was in the past 12 months. It seems like everyone hates Square/enix but without them the JRPG scene would be really sad.. there would be nothing but indie games for months on end! It's like people want that though, like people need more suffering to appreciate what they used to have or something.
Some people ignore the decent mount of high quality games they produce just because they didn't like one or two of their games.

S-E's problem is that they tried the shoot many shots on goal approach and recieved mixed feedback. Some games were genuine stinkers (Balan), some weren't perfect but had good merits and some are highly praised. But I think its a good thing they did this as they would have learned a lot from doing that about what the Japanese game fan crowd want from them. Now they can move on from that phase.

I think they're now reigning in the shoot many shots on goal tactic going by what their new CEO is saying and going to make slightly less but higher quality games. The new CEO also talked of reviving a few dormant IPs and giving them another go with a decent budget behind them.

My overall thought of the company is that they really let slip during the PS3 gen but since then they've been improving a lot each consecutive generation and have some exciting games on the horizon.

Last edited:

stn

Bought a ton in the last two years or so: Star Ocean: Divine Force, Stranger of Paradise, FF 16, Valkyrie Elysium, Nier Automata, Nier Replicant, FF 15, Crisis Core HD, DQ 11 S, and FF X/X-2 HD.

Oh god let's see... just Final Fantasy alone there's:

FF Pixel Remaster (does this count as 1 or 6?)
FF9
FFX/X-2
FF12
FF16
Crisis Core Reunion
Stranger of Paradise

And then:

LiveALive
Octopath Traveler 2
Tactics Ogre Reborn

And I plan to get FF7R Rebirth and Star Ocean 2 Remake at some point. Now ask me how many of these that I've bought that I've actually played... much different story there because this year has been a whirlwind of awesome new releases and less free time.

Last edited:

Flabagast

Very badly made poll.

1 should be a separate option from 2-3, and you should not have so detail in higher numbered options.

OP please never apply for a job in a poll institute

linko9

Theatrhythm (600 hrs)
FF16 (80 hrs)
SoP (2 hrs)... I'll come back to it I promise

Got my money's worth if you average them all!

KiteGr

I don't buy games at launch, and almost never at full price.
I also often target and wait for physical "complete editions", and last time I checked, FF7Integral had the DLC on vouchers.

IAmRei

1. FFXVI - My favorite for this year, the story keep me engaged, and the combat is awesome, the sidequest is not for all people, but still fine.
2. Diofield - not for all people, but the game aesthetic is for me
3. Valkyrie elysium > not the best or great, just enough for ps2 era style game for me

not all released this year, but again, i dont have many time these days.

sedg87

Banned
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy XVI
Diofield Chronicles
Forspoken
Final Fantasy

I have enough reward points on the site I use to purchase one of Harvestella, World Ends With You, Octopath 2, Tactics Ogre, Star Ocean: Divine Force or Theatrhythm Final Bar Line. Not sure what to go for.

Top Bottom