• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble 2k PlayStation bundle

damn i just wanted spec ops the line , heard a lot of good things on it have borderlands 1 & 2 on disk for ps3, why would they put a single key :\

Evolve is fun, but 1) it's left for dead (heh) at this point and 2) did the PS4 even get the "F2P" version?

I've already platted it, but the coop was a blast with the right settings. Sadly, the matchmaking didn't allow you to change them. If I buy it it's only for pve, and offline bots, which is more than enough for 1$. No, it's not ftp on console.

Mattenth

Lol wut

Am I reading this right? There isn't a single PS4 game (save for XCOM 2)?

Evolve is free. Battleborn is just a trial.

flkraven

you posers aren't looking to hop into the Battleborn trial for the bta price? okay nerds enjoy your old crap anime while I'm playing the hottest new game's trial for a dirt cheap price.

Trouble

Banned
I got excited for a minute when I got the email. That was a letdown.

I would jump on this so hard if the PS4 had BC. :(

Danneee

In for $1.

Edit: oh wait, there's just one account per Vita and I'm sure I'll just use my EU acc if I ever get one again. These games are for US acc right?

Swass

Great deal for me as I didn't own a single game in the $1 tier and owned everything else.. also not mentioned in the OP but the $1 bundle comes with all The Bureau: XCOM Declassified DLC.

Nheco

How are the XCOM and Civilization games on Vita?

This is what I want to know. XCOM sometimes ran like doggy doo on my not-terrible-but-not-top-of-the-line PC.

Runs like shit. I played the first XCOM expansion on every platform I have (Android, Xbox 360, PC, PS3 and PS Vita). The only one I couldn't play till the end was the Vita one. Everything takes ages: loading times, saving... and the framerate sucks.

But for 1 dollar it's worthy a try, I would say.

hollerphonix

Neo Member
It's a pretty meh bundle but I ended up doing the top tier for xcom2 you'd think they'd include something more for Ps4 though. I mean they have mafia 3 bioshock remaster borderlands remaster and dare I say it GTA. But no dice just a ton of ps3 content.

fernoca

Lol wut

Am I reading this right? There isn't a single PS4 game (save for XCOM 2)?

Evolve is free. Battleborn is just a trial.
Evolve is not free on PS4 ($30) and the Battleborne trial is bundled with in-game currency worth $10.

The OP just listed the names in some of the cases.

If the codes worked in the UK I would be very tempted to pay a dollar to for XCOM and Civ on my Vita, but alas. Overall not a very strong bundle though, although to be honest if it was super good I would be more bummed out due to the code limitations.

I really enjoyed the bureau, worth a look. Bit rough but good TPS fun.

It really wasn't bad. Plenty of content, great visuals, decent story. I really believe that if it had been ported to PS4, which didn't get a decent rpg until like, DA:I, we would have a sequel by now.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Sit down 2k

Be humble

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Gonna grab the 1 dollar tier purely for XCOM and civ on vita ( super glad i didnt buy these games in a previous sale though)

Not even borderlands handsome collection for PS4? come on son.

Didn't realise it was US only :( RIP

Ah well I'll add them to my US account anyway, I'm sure I'll play them eventually

Thank fuck i read this before purchasing. Skipped last part in OP. Bundles useful for me damn.

Lagamorph

I'm in for just the Vita games. Xcom and Civ on Vita for less than a snoop? Sign me up.

Edit - Wait, US only? The fuck?
I think I have a US PSN account kicking about, but how easy is it to switch accounts on the Vita? I'm sure I heard that you can't run two accounts on the Vita at once and you basically have to reformat the whole system to switch.

They sell Battleborn trial which is free? Really?
Also not even Bioshock games on PS4?
Also this applies for NA accounts only right? Why don't they give codes for all regions?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Would Canada count or strictly US only?

Syriel

I'm in for just the Vita games. Xcom and Civ on Vita for less than a snoop? Sign me up.

Edit - Wait, US only? The fuck?
I think I have a US PSN account kicking about, but how easy is it to switch accounts on the Vita? I'm sure I heard that you can't run two accounts on the Vita at once and you basically have to reformat the whole system to switch.

True.

Unless it's been changed, Sony does not like the idea of multiple accounts on the Vita.

You can't just "log out" and "log in."

SirNinja

Was hoping to finally pick up Mafia III and Borderlands Handsome Collection from this, but they give us Mafia II and Borderlands 1+2 PS3?? Whaaaat.

Shows how awful the output from 2K is more than anything really.

Not really. Their recent output is actually substantive, but none of it (save XCOM 2) made it in. Instead they're giving us a bundle that's 80% PS3 games for whatever crazy reason.

They sell Battleborn trial which is free? Really?

Battleborn + $10 of its currency.

Also not even Bioshock games on PS4?

Nope. :( Another weird omission/replacement.

Syriel

damn i just wanted spec ops the line , heard a lot of good things on it have borderlands 1 & 2 on disk for ps3, why would they put a single key :\

Fair warning, if you own any of these games on PS Plus, be sure to have Sony CS delete them from your account BEFORE using the all-in-one key.

If you just use the key, your PS Plus games will not become owned and your key will be burned. You will lose the purchased license for good and Sony CS will not re-add it to your account. You'll be stuck with just the Plus license.

Well, I have a PS3 and a Vita.....

Beat the Average bundle bought.... No way you could even get all that stuff used for that price.

Same here except swap Vita for PS4. A quick google suggests Spec Ops: The Line alone is closer to $10. If you've never played any of the games and still have your PS3 hooked up you'd likely save money here. Slim pickings for PS4 though, definitely.

Top Bottom