• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I had a choice to buy either Gran Turismo 7 + Evil West OR Callisto Protocol - guess if I made the right one

Don't rule out Callisto Protocol down the line. It's excellent. Glad you're enjoying Evil West. That's one I've been curious about but passed on (for now).

Drizzlehell

Banned
Im going to wait on GT7 until it hits the PS+ Extra catalog.
I just noticed that GT Sport wasn't included in that catalog, which leads me to believe that GT7 might not hit it either.

Kind of a weird move, really. It's their first party IP so why wouldn't they include it in their subscription service...

Unknown?

I just noticed that GT Sport wasn't included in that catalog, which leads me to believe that GT7 might not hit it either.

Kind of a weird move, really. It's their first party IP so why wouldn't they include it in their subscription service...
They don't want to pad player numbers which don't even matter.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Yup. Played all three of these that the OP mentioned - Callisto is my favorite- tied with TLOU Part 1 as my favorite game this generation
I played it for a short while after I finished Dead Space remake, and then promptly turned it off and went back to play Dead Space again on NG+

CP is ass, but I'm not surprised that you liked it if Last of Us is your favorite game this gen. They both put bigger emphasis on style and story over decent gameplay.

Eiknarf

I played it for a short while after I finished Dead Space remake, and then promptly turned it off and went back to play Dead Space again on NG+

CP is ass, but I'm not surprised that you liked it if Last of Us is your favorite game this gen. They both put bigger emphasis on style and story over decent gameplay.
But the gameplay is what I like. The beating the crap out of the infected etc

Drizzlehell

Banned
But the gameplay is what I like. The beating the crap out of the infected etc
I've read about a number of fixes to combat that they had to release in post-launch patches, which should tell you something about the gameplay in this thing.

It's okay if you enjoyed it, no one's gonna tell you that you can't, but it's just not a very well designed game and I found it a chore to play. I'd rather replay Dead Space because it's just more fun.

Esppiral

I just went to a GAME and they had piles of second hand GT7 for 19€, . Also got a couple a days ago the calisto protocol for 20€ on Amazon, good bless physical media

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Anyway, why is this thread being bumped all of a sudden, lol.

Fun fact: I managed to play all of those games since I originally posted this, so it literally doesn't matter anymore.

Eiknarf

Anyway, why is this thread being bumped all of a sudden, lol.

Fun fact: I managed to play all of those games since I originally posted this, so it literally doesn't matter anymore.
You can blame me.

I didn’t get it 4 months ago because of all the negative reviews. I got it last week and love it.
Maybe I owe thanks to everyone here and elsewhere because I got a great game for $49.00.
I guess like Days Gone, Callisto launched with bugs and should rightfully be criticized. I heard patches were needed. But four months in and playing it for the first time, there’s been no glitches. And I love the combat system. It’s fun and badass!! So I bumped the thread by finally posting my positive experience

Last edited:
Top Bottom