• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I Need a New PC!" 2015 Part 1. Read the OP and RISE ABOVE FORGED PRECISION SCIENCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag

Not sure if posting big PC sales are ok here, but Amazon is having a Gold Box PC component sale today. Looks like most of it is inventory clearing, but that EVGA Super Nova 1050 PS for $114 looks decent if you need the juice. Still looks better than Prime day for PC buyers.

I'm in the market for 16GB Ram for my future build, but I'm never sure what to buy.

Hey GAF, just reinstalled windows 7 since I got a new mobo, cpu, and gpu.

I want to upgrade to Windows 10 asap. The little icon near the clock in the bottom right hand corner isn't showing up for Windows 10. I've done all the Windows Updates for 7. Before I reinstalled Windows 7 I did 'reserve my copy of Windows 10' and have been emailed about it, but not given a code yet.

Should I just try the manual instal? Should I wait it out till I get emailed my code? Do I need that little icon?

Pachimari

Greens are perfectly fine for long lasting. I have four of them. Someone I know has been running WD Green since 2010. The only thing you don't want to do is put greens in a NAS setup due to their headparking. Since greens are designed for standard setup they will do fine.

Oh that sounds way more positive, cool.

I won't use it in my NAS, though I'll have it in my desktop, move my whole movie library to it, and watch movies directly from the hard drive.

kennah

Not sure if posting big PC sales are ok here, but Amazon is having a Gold Box PC component sale today. Looks like most of it is inventory clearing, but that EVGA Super Nova 1050 PS for $114 looks decent if you need the juice. Still looks better than Prime day for PC buyers.

I'm in the market for 16GB Ram for my future build, but I'm never sure what to buy.
Totally ok and encouraged.

I just bought the EVGA PSU 1050 W for $119. Sweet deal considering other websites are selling it for over $170

Woop woop! Bought the first pieces of hardware for my new PC. Trying to wait for the best deal I can on each piece. Just need it in time for the HTC Vive this fall.

SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB - $160
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB Kit - $80

Amazon has a gold box deal today on some PC hatrdware. Check it out!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
My technology life is a nightmare. Advice needed.

I now notice stuttering, both framerate and audio, when facing large quantities of AI. Best two examples I can give are Arkham Knight and Grand Theft Auto V (I know the former is not a good example, but shh). In the case of the former if I am in a fight with a large quantity of opponents the game will stutter ever so slightly, usually upon impact. In the case of the latter I can replicate the problem easily; go on a killing spree with Trever, get four or five stars, and as I'm surrounded by cops the framerate begins to stutter and, weirdly, the audio deteriorates. Using Trevor's power will highlight the audio stuttering to the point where prolonged use will cause it to outright cut out until you turn it off.

My gut says this is CPU related, or sound card related, rather than my GPU. But I can't know for sure. All I know is that I'm absolutely exhausted with PC issues.

Any advice?

j-wood

So I have a 2600k still at stock, with the stock cooler. I've had 0 issues with the CPU and it really hasn't been a bottleneck so far. I recently upgraded though to a 970 for my gfx card though, so I was thinking of getting an aftermarket cpu cooler and overclocking.

I've never overclocked though, so does is there a general guide out there? For reference my mobo is an ASrock p67 extreme4. I was thinking of getting this cooler along with a tube of arctic silver:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005O65JXI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

LilJoka

My technology life is a nightmare. Advice needed.

I now notice stuttering, both framerate and audio, when facing large quantities of AI. Best two examples I can give are Arkham Knight and Grand Theft Auto V (I know the former is not a good example, but shh). In the case of the former if I am in a fight with a large quantity of opponents the game will stutter ever so slightly, usually upon impact. In the case of the latter I can replicate the problem easily; go on a killing spree with Trever, get four or five stars, and as I'm surrounded by cops the framerate begins to stutter and, weirdly, the audio deteriorates. Using Trevor's power will highlight the audio stuttering to the point where prolonged use will cause it to outright cut out until you turn it off.

My gut says this is CPU related, or sound card related, rather than my GPU. But I can't know for sure. All I know is that I'm absolutely exhausted with PC issues.

Any advice?

That's a known issue on GTA V, it's the game.

Pachimari

When it comes to keyboards, are the Logitech G510S and Logitech G910 viable options? Or should I look for something entirely else?
I would prefer the cheaper option of the G510S but don't know if that one is good enough for gaming. It has 18 G buttons and 3 M buttons I see.

LilJoka

Hey GAF, just reinstalled windows 7 since I got a new mobo, cpu, and gpu.

I want to upgrade to Windows 10 asap. The little icon near the clock in the bottom right hand corner isn't showing up for Windows 10. I've done all the Windows Updates for 7. Before I reinstalled Windows 7 I did 'reserve my copy of Windows 10' and have been emailed about it, but not given a code yet.

Should I just try the manual instal? Should I wait it out till I get emailed my code? Do I need that little icon?

You don't need anything. Just download the ISO from MS and mount it. Then launch setup.exe to upgrade.

So I'm about to order this asus strix gtx 970 for my antec sonata III case pc (11" gpu with 8 pin connector in 10.5" case with 2 x 6 pin psu adventure :p)

I'm ordering this adapter with it: https://www.alternate.be/2x-6Pin-PCIe-power-naar-1x-8Pin-PCI-Adapter/html/product/960310?

I want a new case fan too as the one I replaced my broken case fan with last year is kind of a noisy piece of shit, I'm sick of spending money on new case fans every 2 years so I'm going with a noctua fan as they come with 6 years of warranty and are rated at 7 times the lifespan of the average sleeve bearing POS fan I've been using.

I can't decide between
noctua NF p12
https://www.alternate.be/Noctua/NF-P12-1300-Case-fan-/html/product/78742?tk=7&lk=9856

and noctua NF F12
https://www.alternate.be/Noctua/NF-F12-PWM-Case-fan-/html/product/963692?tk=7&lk=9856

The p12 is supposedly more quiet but it's a design from 2007 apparently.
The f12 is a bit less quiet but can double as a cpu fan and has PWM (not that PWM matters when using it for a case fan)

I guess the f12 is a better buy as I can always put it on a cpu cooler in the future (sadly the be quiet pure rock that I bought can't fit this fan as the little metal brackets that clamp it on wouldn't fit)

edit: the 3 pin connector from my psu for the case fan would not fit on the pwm connector (would connect to the motherboard)
The problem is that as far as I can tell I don't have the thingy anymore to cap off the 3 pins when not in use (and I heard that those fan connector pins touching the metal of your case if exposed while not in use can cause a short)
I do notice a 3 pin female connector (same as the one on the case fan I'm using right now) coming from the PSU that is only connected by one white wire (no black or red) , is this intended to cap/cover the 3 pin fan connector when it's not in use? I can't see what else it would be for.

ricki42

So I have a 2600k still at stock, with the stock cooler. I've had 0 issues with the CPU and it really hasn't been a bottleneck so far. I recently upgraded though to a 970 for my gfx card though, so I was thinking of getting an aftermarket cpu cooler and overclocking.

I've never overclocked though, so does is there a general guide out there? For reference my mobo is an ASrock p67 extreme4. I was thinking of getting this cooler along with a tube of arctic silver:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005O65JXI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

No need to buy the extra thermal paste, the cooler comes with paste, enough to reseat several times if needed.

ameratsu

Anyone want to critique my tentative pc build? I'm in Canada.

1440p monitor and want to do some higher-end gaming.

These are the parts I'm actually able to select:
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/Bdzgxr

• i5-6600
  • Mid range 1151 Motherboard (~$200?)
  • 1x8gb or 2x8gb DDR4-2400
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler
  • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
  • Corsair 200R Case
  • Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular

ricki42

Oh nice! I'll skip the silver then.

I currently have 8GB of DDR3. I don't really run into ram issues that i've noticed gaming, but is there a huge difference upgrading to 16? For reference this is what I have (4x2GB):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231275

I doubt it would make much of a difference in gaming. You'd also have to consider that the next time you upgrade will likely be to DDR4, so you couldn't reuse your RAM. Though you may still get a few years out of the 2600k, especially OC'd, so if you feel limited it may still be worth it. Really depends on your requirements, your budget, and your future upgrade plans.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
That's a known issue on GTA V, it's the game.

Really? I never noticed this issue on my GTX 970, but it's there on my 980 Ti, and it combined with a similar issue in Arkham Knight made me think my CPU is getting choked.

Is there any solution?

Kintaco

Is the CM Hyper 212 Evo much better than the T4? There is an $11 price difference, want to make sure it's worth the price difference. $31.24 vs $19.99 at amazon right now. For reference, I bought a Msi Gaming 7 motherboard and plan to pick up the i7 4790k CPU.

Evo X

Is the CM Hyper 212 Evo much better than the T4? There is an $11 price difference, want to make sure it's worth the price difference. $31.24 vs $19.99 at amazon right now. For reference, I bought a Msi Gaming 7 motherboard and plan to pick up the i7 4790k CPU.

I'd say so. The CM Hyper 212 is great. It's kept my 4.7Ghz 2500k cool and stable for over 4 years now.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£168.93 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£24.48 @ Novatech)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£76.76 @ Scan.co.uk)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£35.86 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£49.90 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Toshiba 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£32.34 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card (£259.98 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 MicroATX Mini Tower Case (£59.84 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£44.99 @ Aria PC)
Total: £753.08
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-26 20:29 BST+0100

I am having some more problems. I place the GPU into the PCIE slot of the motherboard and get a blank screen, no bios, no signal, nothing. The software still seems to work, because my USB disc drive only starts up when the OS has loaded. It does not matter if I have Windows or Linux installed. Removing the GPU reverts it back to normal. Playing with the BIOS chipset defaults and then inserting the GPU prevents the blank screen, but the GPU is not recognised.

I placed the GPU into another motherboard and installed the drivers successfully. That computer recognised it.

LilJoka

Really? I never noticed this issue on my GTX 970, but it's there on my 980 Ti, and it combined with a similar issue in Arkham Knight made me think my CPU is getting choked.

Is there any solution?

Look on reddit GTA V PC page, the stutter is coming from the recent game update which stutters when the "take cover" animation plays. More cops/enemies worse it gets.

LilJoka

Übersandvich;173978250 said:
I am having some more problems. I place the GPU into the PCIE slot of the motherboard and get a blank screen, no bios, no signal, nothing. The software still seems to work, because my USB disc drive only starts up when the OS has loaded. It does not matter if I have Windows or Linux installed. Removing the GPU reverts it back to normal. Playing with the BIOS chipset defaults and then inserting the GPU prevents the blank screen, but the GPU is not recognised.

I placed the GPU into another motherboard and installed the drivers successfully. That computer recognised it.

When you removed the GPU, you used onboard and it works?

Sounds odd, try another PCIE slot?

RGM79

When it comes to keyboards, are the Logitech G510S and Logitech G910 viable options? Or should I look for something entirely else?
I would prefer the cheaper option of the G510S but don't know if that one is good enough for gaming. It has 18 G buttons and 3 M buttons I see.

Keyboards are usually a subjective choice. If you like the feel of it, then go ahead. How many extra buttons it has doesn't really matter as much as how much you'll use them.

Anyone want to critique my tentative pc build? I'm in Canada.

1440p monitor and want to do some higher-end gaming.

These are the parts I'm actually able to select:
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/Bdzgxr
  • i5-6600
  • Mid range 1151 Motherboard (~$200?)
  • 1x8gb or 2x8gb DDR4-2400
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler
  • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
  • Corsair 200R Case
  • Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular

Looks fine to me. When do you plan to build? Prices on things like power supplies can and will change over time..

I'd recommend the 212 Evo as well, it's a bit larger and more capable when it comes to handling heat. It also comes with a backplate which is pretty much necessary for any decent cooling.

EatChildren

Look on reddit GTA V PC page, the stutter is coming from the recent game update which stutters when the "take cover" animation plays. More cops/enemies worse it gets.

Beautiful. Cheers dude.

Forsete

Gold Member
Don't get the Strix. The cooler works fine with the 970 but struggles with higher TDPs. Get the MSI 4G if you can.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Went with the ASUS. MSI was more expensive + no back plate, and the difference in temps between the cards are minimal from the tests I saw.

When you removed the GPU, you used onboard and it works?

Sounds odd, try another PCIE slot?

I can't seem to fit the GPU on the other PCIE slot because the power supply is in the way. I could take the motherboard out of the case and try, but the GPU prongs would lift the motherboard off the ground. Is there another way to test the PCIE slots? I do not have another GPU of that size to try.

edit: And yes, what you said before is true. onboard and it works.

Fury Sense

Anyone seen the Silverstone RVZ02? It looks pretty slick but I can't find anything about a release date.

SilverstoneRavenRVZ02Cover_w_600.png

Chocobro

How's this build for my friend that wants a workstation?

Quick recap of what he wants:
Budget: ~$1K, could be flexible. United States
Main Use: No gaming, only 3D rendering and modeling, AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit, Solidworks, and photo editing (PhotoShop/Lightroom).
Monitor Resolution: 1080p.
When will you build?: Sometime later this year.
Will you be overclocking?: No/maybe.
-----------------------------
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 PRO3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($80.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($102.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: PNY Quadro K2000 2GB Video Card ($396.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.95 @ NCIX US)
Wired Network Adapter: TP-Link TG-3468 10/100/1000 Mbps PCI-Express x1 Network Adapter ($12.69 @ Amazon)
Total: $1092.47
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-03 16:11 EDT-0400

LilJoka

Übersandvich;173986410 said:
I can't seem to fit the GPU on the other PCIE slot because the power supply is in the way. I could take the motherboard out of the case and try, but the GPU prongs would lift the motherboard off the ground. Is there another way to test the PCIE slots? I do not have another GPU of that size to try.

edit: And yes, what you said before is true. onboard and it works.

Hm it should be close to the PSU but should still fit.

Yeah you can try with the board out the case, just sit the board on top of the motherboard box with the PCIE prong end hanging off the edge.

Oh and just to check, you did plug your video cable into the back of the GTX 970?

RGM79

Just picked up a 2GB 770 from BH for 180. Good deal?
Nope. For that much money, you could have gotten an R9 380, R9 280X, or GTX 960. All of them offer comparable performance and are either newer or have better specs or support.

IIRC the GTX 960 doesn't quite reach the GTX 770's performance but it's not too far behind. The 960 would be preferable for better long term driver support.

The R9 380 is new and should perform about the same as the GTX 960, while the R9 280X is an older card like the GTX 770 but still receives decent driver support and has 3GB of VRAM.

Grudy

Hey all, first time PC builder here and just looking for some optimization on what I currently have in mind.
  • Budget: 1450 USD (Country: UAE)
  • Main Use: Rate 1-5. 5 being Highest: I'd say a 4. I mostly play Guild Wars2 and I will be catching up on a lot of games that I missed from the last few years. I guess 1080p60 for MGS V is what I'm aiming for.
  • Monitor Resolution: 1080p. I'm currently buying a cheap monitor that will serve as a second monitor in a month or two when I get a proper one.
  • List SPECIFIC games or applications that you MUST be able to run well: Guild Wars 2, the witcher 2+3, Dishonored, MGR:Revengance.
  • Looking to reuse any parts?: Nope.
  • When will you build?: Mid-August, around the 15th-20th
  • Will you be overclocking?: Probably. If there's not harm to the PC then I probably will.

I've been to the local PC shops to get a price check on the items and sadly I couldn't find all the parts listed in Haz's build sheet. I picked other parts based on price so I would like your input if possible :)

(I have converted the best prices I found to USD to make it easier)

• CPU: Intel core i5-4690K ($242.3)
  • MB: Gigabyte GA H97-D3H ($108.9)
  • RAM: DDR3 8.0 GB/1600 Kingston ($47.6)
  • Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 970 ($408.39)
  • Power Supply: 750W Cooler Master ($108.9)
  • SSD: 512 GB Transcend ($187.9)
  • Cooling System: Cooler Fan Corsaid H60 ($70.8)
  • Monitor: LED LG 23" 23MP57HQ (IPS) ($160.6)
  • Case: ATX Case cooler master CM 690-III Green ($110)
  • Wi-Fi: PCO NIC Card D-Link DWA-548 ($13.6)

Totals to about $1460
The clerk at the shop said I will not need a sound card as it is included with the MB, but apparently I'll need to buy a wireless Wi-Fi adapter (pretty cheap). I will be upgrading to 16 or 32 GB Ram next month along with a much better high-end monitor (and the LG one will serve as a second monitor I suppose).

Thank you, and sorry if I don't reply for the next 6 hours or so, going to sleep.

I had a crazy idea last night.

Has anyone ever tried putting office chair wheels on a Fractal R4 case? I move my computer around my apartment too much and it's such a pain in the ass to lift it up, then I thought maybe putting something like locking wheels would help me roll it around my apartment easier...

So I'm about to order this asus strix gtx 970 for my antec sonata III case pc (11" gpu with 8 pin connector in 10.5" case with 2 x 6 pin psu adventure :p)

I'm ordering this adapter with it: https://www.alternate.be/2x-6Pin-PCIe-power-naar-1x-8Pin-PCI-Adapter/html/product/960310?

I want a new case fan too as the one I replaced my broken case fan with last year is kind of a noisy piece of shit, I'm sick of spending money on new case fans every 2 years so I'm going with a noctua fan as they come with 6 years of warranty and are rated at 7 times the lifespan of the average sleeve bearing POS fan I've been using.

I can't decide between
noctua NF p12
https://www.alternate.be/Noctua/NF-P12-1300-Case-fan-/html/product/78742?tk=7&lk=9856

and noctua NF F12
https://www.alternate.be/Noctua/NF-F12-PWM-Case-fan-/html/product/963692?tk=7&lk=9856

The p12 is supposedly more quiet but it's a design from 2007 apparently.
The f12 is a bit less quiet but can double as a cpu fan and has PWM (not that PWM matters when using it for a case fan)

I guess the f12 is a better buy as I can always put it on a cpu cooler in the future (sadly the be quiet pure rock that I bought can't fit this fan as the little metal brackets that clamp it on wouldn't fit)

edit: the 3 pin connector from my psu for the case fan would not fit on the pwm connector (would connect to the motherboard)
The problem is that as far as I can tell I don't have the thingy anymore to cap off the 3 pins when not in use (and I heard that those fan connector pins touching the metal of your case if exposed while not in use can cause a short)
I do notice a 3 pin female connector (same as the one on the case fan I'm using right now) coming from the PSU that is only connected by one white wire (no black or red) , is this intended to cap/cover the 3 pin fan connector when it's not in use? I can't see what else it would be for.

ended up not getting a new case fan and just ordered the gtx 970.

I'm using amd atm (hd6870)
I guess all I need to do is uninstall the catalyst drivers, turn off the PC, install the nvidia card and install nvidia drivers?

Will I have to reinstall my games?

I REALLY REALLY do not want to format again, windows update took forever when I reformatted a few days ago there's like 120 updates now for win 7.

So I bought 2 more ram dims since amazon is having a £10 off sale, and I have nothing else in the sub 100 range I really want atm.

Will I have to up my CPU voltage on my CPU OC to compensating for getting these? How much? They're 1.5v 1866MHz CL10, or do I not have to, I don't know.

Cheers.

Vuze

ended up not getting a new case fan and just ordered the gtx 970.

I'm using amd atm (hd6870)
I guess all I need to do is uninstall the catalyst drivers, turn off the PC, install the nvidia card and install nvidia drivers?

Will I have to reinstall my games?

I REALLY REALLY do not want to format again, windows update took forever when I reformatted a few days ago there's like 120 updates now for win 7.
Yeah, be careful not to use AMDs clean uninstall utility though. I made the mistake when upgrading from my AMD to the 970 and this PoS killed ALL of my USB drivers. Took me half a day of trouble shooting to get it all back up and running decently. I think the best way is to use DDU to uninstall.

You won't have to reinstall your games.
So I bought 2 more ram dims since amazon is having a £10 off sale, and I have nothing else in the sub 100 range I really want atm.

Will I have to up my CPU voltage on my CPU OC to compensating for getting these? How much? They're 1.5v 1866MHz CL10, or do I not have to, I don't know.

Cheers.
Nah, making sure that the RAM voltage in your bios is set to 1.5v should be enough. But I'm curious, aren't you supposed to use the same sticks for multi channeling? Or maybe the sticks you already own are identical, sounded to me like you just randomly bought an extra kit because it was on sale.

Nah, making sure that the RAM voltage in your bios is set to 1.5v should be enough. But I'm curious, aren't you supposed to use the same sticks for multi channeling? Or maybe the sticks you already own are identical, sounded to me like you just randomly bought an extra kit because it was on sale.

Thanks, it's the same sticks as the ones I already have, just different color.

As far as I know, no. The extension cable doesn't care what it's carrying, whatever comes in one end comes out the other. Just take a note of what type of connector it is (TRS or TRRS) and get the appropriately matching extension cable.

Great thanks.

Evo X

So I've been looking into some cases for the new build and man, In Win makes some beautiful stuff. Really clean designs and quality materials such as aluminum and tempered glass. You certainly pay for it though. The new 909 launching in October has an MSRP of $450, and that's not even one of their really high end ones.

Quick Look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zVV6_JmHoo

1432774026SF4T00.jpg

01_in_win909_b.jpg

Yeah, be careful not to use AMDs clean uninstall utility though. I made the mistake when upgrading from my AMD to the 970 and this PoS killed ALL of my USB drivers. Took me half a day of trouble shooting to get it all back up and running decently. I think the best way is to use DDU to uninstall.

You won't have to reinstall your games.

Thanks for mentioning DDU, that tool seems like exactly what I need (especially the remove drivers and shutdown option it has)

Kind of bummed out right now, when I bought my cpu last week I got it in the mail the very next morning , the different store where I ordered the gpu also claims next day delivery but never sent a tracking mail (so I'm assuming they didn't send it out yet) =(
Won't be home on wednesday so I guess no new gpu for me for another couple of days (and praying that noone steals my package and that the postman has the brains to take it back to the post office with him)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom