• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iam seriously thinking of going PC only from here on out

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Been a pc only gamer since 2013. I don't regret one thing. The positives far outweigt any negatives
And with 1000 games across all storefronts I think it's going to be my main platform going forward.

I keep saying this, then I get a brain fart and are getting the one console at the start, then buying the second later down the line, for just going back to my pc I enjoyed playing the most on all along.

theclaw135

Banned
At the mid range, yeah, the positives are many. A pc has so much options!

It's the gaudy upper end of the pc that's a shallow husk of itself. Toss a grand or two to enhance the graphics of console games.

Last edited:
Lol why is everyone so salty towards OP?

I have thought about this a lot but my living situation means I'm more comfortable as a couch gamer with no option of plugging in my PC to my TV. XSX + PS5DE for me.
Now I'm not trying to convince you. But you can completely be a couch, PC gamer. There are more times than not, that I play games with a controller, from my bed. It's a little investment upfront, but it more than pays off.

jigglet

Banned
I moved from my couch to my office and it's done wonders for my back. I have a Herman Miller in my office so that helps.

Once I did that, I figured - why not try PC gaming since I'm sitting at my desk anyway? I'm now spend about 90% of my time on PC gaming. Love it. The three things that really appeal to me are:

1) Full control over framerate and FOV, and;

2) A much older audience. It doesn't matter in 99% of games like COD where you can just mute obnoxious kids, but in games like R6 Siege where there is team killing, it makes a world of difference. I used to get team killed once every few hours on console. On PC? I'd be lucky to see it once every few weeks. This is no exaggeration in the slightest. A PC is like a $1000 firewall between me and those fucking children. How many games have team killing, though? So admittedly this is an advantage only a few games will benefit from.

3) RTS games. Guys, you guys have no fucking idea what you're missing in a good RTS game.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
If you enjoy being screwed by companies you'll love PC gaming. Then of course the elitist community who brown nose for brands and will mock you for genuine complaints.

My advice don't bother with pre-orders or new products just wait. Also stay the hell away from any other PC gamers to remain sane. You think sony fanboys are bad wait till you see how nasty pc elitists are.

448-4485245_62-kb-png.png

rofif

Banned
It's a life of pain, suffering, issues and spending thousands of dollars... And being ignored by publisher who do times exclusives on consoles... I love PC so much, that I know why I hate it... But I can't live without it

teezzy

Banned
It's a life of pain, suffering, issues and spending thousands of dollars... And being ignored by publisher who do times exclusives on consoles... I love PC so much, that I know why I hate it... But I can't live without it

Consoles are awesome as supplemental machines, but once you go PC, the very idea of console only seems laughable. They have their place ultimately

The 2 biggest issue with PC gaming is cost to build a gaming PC that can match specs of new gen consoles and then cheaters/hackers for PC game lobbies specially for FPS games is not very uncommon.

Mista

Banned
I seriously don't understand people who mock pc users here. The thread is valid and the opinions are valid as well. I'm having a great time and my pc isn't even a high spec one. I can play a lot of games that I enjoy and several emulators. It's a real cool machine. I seriously don't undestand the hate coming from gaming enthusiasts. You guys have to realize that not everyone are interested in the new consoles and that is a legit train of thought. Stop with the tribalism already and let the guy play what he wants.
“Gaming enthusiasts” that doesn’t recognise which is superior and deluded? Yup, love me some “gaming enthusiasts”

-NSEPp94RB_H2LooqkHAbwtlpsyGnvGmM4fZ6JYyeO4.png

Rolla

Banned
It's a platform I tried for 6 months. It was easy to build given all the youtube guides. The only reason I'll never go back to it, is cheating. Multiplayer games I'd play on console were rife with cheaters until I found out about, cheat free, actively moderated servers. And if those specific servers were full I simply wouldn't play.

Some hilarious examples could be found in COD. Players hovering in the SKY or calling in air support kill streaks a millisecond after the match starts was a frustration I simply wasn't used to. This happened across the board and so eventually I sold the components on ebay and came back to console vowing never to return.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I bought a nice PC last year. I’ve mostly used it to play the ps1 Tomb Raider games on Steam 🤣

I would probably not mind replacing consoles with PC if my PC was hooked up to my TV. But I like to have it in my office for non gaming uses.

Brofist

At the mid range, yeah, the positives are many. A pc has so much options!

It's the gaudy upper end of the pc that's a shallow husk of itself. Toss a grand or two to enhance the graphics of console games.

You keep repeating this ad nauseum but RT, 4K and the other things that consoles will probably still choke on at low fps will come at a cost. We get it you hate the PC, it's not a good look to hate so hard though.

Riven326

Banned
nothing really interest me in these consoles anymore, MS is bring everything to steam, Sony is slowly going the same path, i have zero interest whatsoever with nintendo titles, and with the news that games are going $80, i am just done buying anything new

is anyone here with the same type of thinking?
Yeah. Mostly for backwards compatibility and the wide range of simulation games that are only on PC.

theclaw135

Banned
You keep repeating this ad nauseum but RT, 4K and the other things that consoles will probably still choke on at low fps will come at a cost. We get it you hate the PC, it's not a good look to hate so hard though.

Hate the business side, you mean. What other than greed is stopping a major studio from investing in a game from the ground up that'll rock the socks of PC enthusiasts?

Top Bottom