• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you could revive one Sony IP during the latter half of this generation, what would it be?

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Any of these three. They're begging to be brought back to life.

LRY3GDr.jpg

LsYnli9.png

GOYxBdj.jpg

makaveli60

IMO they should ressurect Cole to fight Evil Delsin a couple years after the events of Second Son. You get the best of both worlds that way.
I didn’t like the first two games but Second Son is one of my favorite ps4 games. It looked insane when it released (my first “wow, this is nextgen” moment), the grunge style was awesome, and the different powers were really cool. Amazing game

Three

Seriously dying for The Last of Us Part II: Director's Cut, please Sony make it happen! :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_heart:

FwzTaQqWwAAKR7g.jpg
Not sure if that was meant to be a joke but Part 2 PS5 version is the directors cut. Even has the removed levels included and developer commentary.

There are a lot of franchises worth bringing back.

• SOCOM is probably the most obvious. If any franchise could be setup to be a CoD killer it would be this, though it should be built in the vein of Rainbow Six Siege
  • Remaking the Killzone and Resistance trilogy with modern controls and graphics for both PS5 and PC could be a big hit. These games had a super limited audience on PS3, but modernizing them especially Killzone 1 that had such poor controls, could breath life back into both franchises.
    • MAG, WarHawk, and StarHawk all similarly struggled due to the PS3's audience and audience size and the lack of maturation of PSN at the time
  • Jet Moto and Wipeout could be really successful games at a low price.
    • Motorstorm could also be successful at a lower price.
  • Syphon Filter would be great, would love if Kojima is working on this and Physint is just a codename for Syphon Filter.
  • Everybody's Golf VR is a no brainer
  • Remaking Arc the Lad 1+2
  • Remaking Wild Arms
  • Remaking Legend of Dragoon
  • Remaking The Getaway

There are so many games from early SCEI that if polished could really work well today. A lot of these games came out when people were still trying to get a handle on how to manage controls in 3d.

Gojiira

Suprised this hasn’t turned into a gravity rush thread
HbcZL4O.jpg
Oooof Kat 🤤

My vote goes to Warhawk though or Bloodborne.
Warhawk especially was years ahead of other multiplayer games, such a fantastic game, deserves way more praise.
Bloodborne, goes without saying, Fromsoftwares Masterpiece, it needs reviving. Sony should tap them to get a Kings Field and Shadow Tower collection on PS5 too…

Top Bottom