• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you had to choose one. Elden Ring or Zelda Totk?

Between Elden Ring and Totk which do you choose

• Zelda Totk

Votes: 208 46.5%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 239 53.5%

• Total voters

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
The one where I can play as a hot witch girl, wearing tattered robes and wielding a massive great sword while slinging spells in a world with more than 6 dungeons.

TOTK is a masterpiece. Elden Ring is the GOAT

Last edited:

SeraphJan

In terms of open world, I choose RDR2

Elden Ring comes second, ToTK I haven't played unless its massively improved upon BoTW I probably would prefer it last

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Get better taste

Dog Tongue GIF

Calverz

Just finished the third “dungeon” in totk and it’s starting to get a bit tedious in all honesty. Elden ring for me. Piecing together the story, the graphics, the different classes and builds. It’s more or less unmatched.

Noxxera

elden ring was fun but its not a game I hardcore adore exactly. But yeah I havent even played totk yet but I feel I'll find more enjoyment from it then I got from Elden ring. So Zelda it is

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
We're gonna get a lot of these stupid copy-pasted threads for a while arent we? Whats the better open world? whats the better gameplay? who has the better ass in ER vs TOTK?

Gideon

We're gonna get a lot of these stupid copy-pasted threads for a while arent we? Whats the better open world? whats the better gameplay? who has the better ass in ER vs TOTK?
Yeah, it's insufferable and it was iirc even worse on elden ring release... so many threads comparing and comparing.
Zelda, at least its pretty to look at. Elden Ring is just depressing.
I disagree, elden ring is beautiful, also much more vibrant than dark souls imo.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

FYI Zelda is definitely gonna win this poll, it's a Nintendo property and it's a Sandbox game (Minecraft is the most popular thing ever remember).

I’d still choose Elden ring - but TOTK is great. Mainly cus I like combat more than anything else and the art is more my style

Ogbert

It’s obviously personal opinion, but for the life of me I cannot understand how anyone thinks Elden Ring has more varied mechanics.

Ranged doesn’t even have aim! It’s lock on spam from the mid 90s. And you’re locked into a single build with pretty much the same weapon for huge portions of the game.

Bosses are good though.

killatopak

It’s obviously personal opinion, but for the life of me I cannot understand how anyone thinks Elden Ring has more varied mechanics.

Ranged doesn’t even have aim! It’s lock on spam from the mid 90s. And you’re locked into a single build with pretty much the same weapon for huge portions of the game.

Bosses are good though.

Try more builds. Even changing Ashes of War completely changes stuff alongside buffs.

Factually wrong. It does have aim. You also get access to respec as soon as the fourth main boss of a game with 16 main bosses. Also weapons are very interchangeable as long as they follow the same build mainly being int, faith, dex or strength builds.

Witcher 3 or Kingdom Come Deliverance

but if I had a gun to my head and had to choose one of those overhypes, I would choose Elden Ring. Zelda just has such an unappealing art style, to me it has no atmosphere.

I think Witcher 3's been more overhyped than Elden Ring and matches if not exceeds BotW at this point, but you do you.

Last edited:

Madflavor

Try more builds. Even changing Ashes of War completely changes stuff alongside buffs.

Factually wrong. It does have aim. You also get access to respec as soon as the fourth main boss of a game with 16 main bosses. Also weapons are very interchangeable as long as they follow the same build mainly being int, faith, dex or strength builds.

I've gone through Elden Ring 4 times total. And every time I think I found a build that's badass and fits my taste, I discover a new one I love just as much if not more. Ordovis Greatsword was my latest favorite weapon. It's ash of war skill is so money.

Madflavor

Nice to see TotK leading which means most of GAF have a good taste.

Considering how more niche FromSoftware games are, Zelda's 30+ history and popularity, and TotK literally coming out a week ago, Elden Ring is actually doing much better in this poll than I thought it would. I was expecting around a 30/70 ratio.

Last edited:

Laieon

Totk simply because I have 0 interest in anything challenging and I'm sure Totk becomes easier far quicker than Elden Ring. I haven't been interested in a FromSoft game since Lost Kingdoms II.

Hey Blinkin

I completed the main story of Elden Ring and slew numerous side bosses and enjoyed every minute of it, but I'll never replay it.

I'll be playing TOTK for a few years like I did with BOTW over multiple play throughs.

TOTK for sure.

Hey Blinkin

Totk simply because I have 0 interest in anything challenging and I'm sure Totk becomes easier far quicker than Elden Ring. I haven't been interested in a FromSoft game since Lost Kingdoms II.

Elden Ring never gets easy, you get better.

I won't blame others for wanting an easy mode, but the difficult nature of the game is what made it special.

Still, not an experience I want to replay often but I loved it being new to the genre.

Still early in TOTK for me, but so far Elden Ring has it easily. TOTK is a great follow up to BOTW but Elden Ring last year made me feel like BOTW did 6 years ago.

Top Bottom