• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Posts Up More Project Cafe Hardware Power Rumors

Fourth Storm said:
Let's speculate on the last "surprise feature" of the controller mentioned by 01.net.

I still hold that it will be a nice XL sized stylus that doubles as a pointer by having the sensor on the eraser end. Maybe 1 or two buttons and slides vertically into center of the tablet so as to retain pointer functionality while not in use.

Only way I can justify losing Wiimote form factor and using single instead of multi-touch.

Voice Command features for all games.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Fourth Storm said:
Let's speculate on the last "surprise feature" of the controller mentioned by 01.net.

I still hold that it will be a nice XL sized stylus that doubles as a pointer by having the sensor on the eraser end. Maybe 1 or two buttons and slides vertically into center of the tablet so as to retain pointer functionality while not in use.

Only way I can justify losing Wiimote form factor and using single instead of multi-touch.

This...makes perfect sense. I love it.

Fourth Storm said:

then the touch-pad would be too bulky to be a nunchuk

Krowley

Fourth Storm said:

I think its gonna be the haptic rumor that popped up a few weeks back. It came from a somewhat credible site, and it makes sense to me. People say it's too expensive, but somebody else (can't remember who) said that the actual manufacturing cost of one of the better versions of haptic tech was only 25 cents per unit, which ain't bad at all.

DragonKnight said:
I don't like the term "nintendo fans". It's too ambiguous. Nintendo fans as in the SNES/N64/GCN fans or the grandma/granpa Wii fans?

It was very much implied to be fore classic fans of Nintendo.
"There will be things in it that will make you say 'Oh shit!', as a Nintendo fan."

Krowley

AceBandage said:
"There will be things in it that will make you say 'Oh shit!', as a Nintendo fan."

hmm.. pre-loaded games?

That sounds really interesting, and obviously it doesn't fit the haptics rumor at all.

Zierath

DragonKnight said:
I don't like the term "nintendo fans". It's too ambiguous. Nintendo fans as in the SNES/N64/GCN fans or the grandma/granpa Wii fans?
The ones that would actually be reading the article presumably.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
AceBandage said:
O shit like in 'WTF is Nintendo thinking!?'.

J-Rock

Banned
AceBandage said:
Never forget.
cammie.gif

Sooooo good. She'll be missed.

edit: And she's been replaced by some new guy right? That should make this Conference even more interesting.

Krowley

God I hope his online article is mostly accurate. I've been assuming it was mostly speculation, but if he's basing this mostly on solid sourced info, Nintendo may be offering a really unique online experience.

I've always figured that when nintendo finally tackled online for real, they would do it in a revolutionary way, but I wasn't sure they were really ready to do that yet.

antonz

Krowley said:
God I hope his online article is mostly accurate. I've been assuming it was mostly speculation, but if he's basing this mostly on solid sourced info, Nintendo may be offering a really unique online experience.

I've always figured that when nintendo finally tackled online for real, they would do it in a revolutionary way, but I wasn't sure they were really ready to do that yet.
I think Online has to be tackled in a real way for the added specs to matter. Even if they end up at 5 PS360s ducttaped togeather for power if they screw up online then its not going to matter as much.

Online feature set will make or break domination for Cafe.

J-Rock said:

edit: And she's been replaced by some new guy right? That should make this Conference even more interesting.

Scott Moffitt

He was in charge or marketing Code Red and Amp at Pepsi, so he'd definitely be bringing a completely different image to Nintendo than Cammie did.

Krowley said:

That's why I am hoping/believing that they are going to get it right this time since Iwata seems to acknowledge their shortcomings and the need to get help in that area.

J-Rock

Banned
AceBandage said:
Nah, he should wear a shirt with this on it.

http://www.joystiq.com/media/2006/03/GDC_iwatabombomb.jpg[iMG][/QUOTE]

That'll work too.

Or maybe it'll be like that seen from the end of Englorious Bastards. A huge screen with Iwata's face on it laughing while all the gaming journalists die in a blaze of fire.

J-Rock said:
That'll work too.

Or maybe it'll be like that seen from the end of Englorious Bastards. A huge screen with Iwata's face on it laughing while all the gaming journalists die in a blaze of fire.

Well, that will happen regardless....
MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

J-Rock said:

He should come out with a wiimote and show everybody he can actually jump over the first goomba in Mario bros wii.

J-Rock

Banned
comedy bomb said:
He should come out with a wiimote and show everybody he can actually jump over the first goomba in Mario bros wii.

He has no clue how many people are ready to make gifs out of him. Poor guy.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
BY2K said:
Up-scaled Wii and GC games, like the Dolphin.

BELIEVE!

Dolphin render games at higher res, I think it's super hard for the hardware ( going with IGN rumored Spec), something like 360 scaling (upscaling with extra AA) will be decent enough.

From The Dust said:
at this point, calling it a fad still just reeks of bitterness :p
Oh, I won't deny that. Haha. I didn't say it was a reasonable desire.

I'm also extremely interested in how they handle online functionality this time around. I hope they don't puss out in the name of child safety this time. I would hope not. That's not a strong excuse anymore. I really hope it's comparable to, say, PSN. ...You know, when it's actually up and running. Not as it is now.

Zing

Banned
I don't understand the OP. IGN basically describes the average PC from last year and makes the insightful claim that it may cost $300. Who reads this shit?

antonz

Zing said:
I don't understand the OP. IGN basically describes the average PC from last year and makes the insightful claim that it may cost $300. Who reads this shit?
They basically tried to simplify the specs to an understandable level for half the internet. Problem is 75% of the internet are lost when it comes time to look at specs.

Hell the guy who did it has a weak understanding. being able to consistently run 1080P with stable framerates is vastly superior to 720P and under with stable framerates

Totobeni said:
Dolphin render games at higher res, I think it's super hard for the hardware ( going with IGN rumored Spec), something like 360 scaling (upscaling with extra AA) will be decent enough.

Dang. I think you're really underselling the hardware.

maeda

Is it normal that as of right now I have no hype whatsoever for the Nintendo Conference? It's less than two weeks away, yet it feels like it's half a year away. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that Nintendo will show a new home console in less than two weeks!

J-Rock

Banned
maeda said:
Is it normal that as of right now I have no hype whatsoever for the Nintendo Conference? It's less than two weeks away, yet it feels like it's half a year away. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that Nintendo will show a new home console in less than two weeks!

That means you are sane. The rest of us here... not so much.

maeda said:

It means that you have already comes to terms with the inevitable Nintendo NeoGAF meltdown and the reality that your current pc that you got in a Sunday ad from Dell is probably more powerful than this thing will ever be.

Edit: I would LOVE to eat some extra large crow on this one

maeda

J-Rock said:
That means you are sane. The rest of us here... not so much.
It's just hard to believe that there will be any jaw dropping games shown without any leaks. Usually the press gets us into the "super hype" mode; not so much this year. My expectations are at an all time low...
To be quite honest, I am more excited about 3DS announcements than Cafe showing. I guess that's just a side effect of me not using my 3DS these days.

maeda said:
It's just hard to believe that there will be any jaw dropping games shown without any leaks. Usually the press gets us into the "super hype" mode; not so much this year. My expectations are at an all time low...
To be quite honest, I am more excited about 3DS announcements than Cafe showing. I guess that's just a side effect of me not using my 3DS these days.

it's just Nintendo's ninjas are working overtime. Yamauchi's yakuza may have been thrown into the mix as well. deadly combination

maeda

From The Dust said:
it's just Nintendo's ninjas are working overtime. Yamauchi's yakuza may have been thrown into the mix as well. deadly combination
I need advice... Should i watch the Conference stoned? I mean pot makes everything more awesome, I am just afraid of losing focus...

Somnid

DragonKnight said:
It means that you have already comes to terms with the inevitable Nintendo NeoGAF meltdown and the reality that your current pc that you got in a Sunday ad from Dell is probably more powerful than this thing will ever be.

Edit: I would LOVE to eat some extra large crow on this one

So your prediction is Cafe will be less powerful than an $800 system of roughly the same size?

Top Bottom