• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Posts Up More Project Cafe Hardware Power Rumors

Triton55

maeda said:
It's just hard to believe that there will be any jaw dropping games shown without any leaks. Usually the press gets us into the "super hype" mode; not so much this year. My expectations are at an all time low...
Well Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M (aside from the gametrailers guy), Kid Icarus and the whole 3DS line-up were shown without any leaks that I remember. Super Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess were only leaked *just* before and in vague terms if I remember correctly.

watershed

Banned
maeda said:
I need advice... Should i watch the Conference stoned? I mean pot makes everything more awesome, I am just afraid of losing focus...

I wouldn't. For me being stoned is the exact opposite of the high energy, hype effect I want to experience during Nintendo's conference.

maeda

Triton55 said:
Well Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M (aside from the gametrailers guy), Kid Icarus and the whole 3DS line-up were shown without any leaks that I remember. Super Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess were only leaked *just* before and in vague terms if I remember correctly.
True... I guess, I should be happy that my wait will be easier than for many people on GAF.
artwalknoon said:
I wouldn't. For me being stoned is the exact opposite of the high energy, hype effect I want to experience during Nintendo's conference.
Note taken... I guess I will just have a six pack next to my computer...

Anth0ny

maeda said:
It's just hard to believe that there will be any jaw dropping games shown without any leaks. Usually the press gets us into the "super hype" mode; not so much this year. My expectations are at an all time low...
To be quite honest, I am more excited about 3DS announcements than Cafe showing. I guess that's just a side effect of me not using my 3DS these days.

Well, Nintendo is hella good at preventing leaks. Did we know any of the 3DS games announced last year before hand? Most of it was speculation (Kid Icarus) that turned out to be true, but there weren't really any concrete leaks besides DKCR.

I'm hyped. NEW SMASH BROS TRAILER WOOOOOOOOOOO

maeda said:
True... I guess, I should be happy that my wait will be easier than for many people on GAF.

Note taken... I guess I will just have a six pack next to my computer...

the lower the expectation, the bigger the surprised. for most, the fact that we will see a new console got us a one way trip to hype-land

TekkenMaster said:
Nintendo's system needs to have a power level at least 1/2 way between that of the PS3 and PS4/720.

Anything less than that will disappoint the core audience and possibly make some games simply impossible to port.

I tend to agree. Nintendo really needs to make a half-gen leap beyond 360/PS3 to get "hardcore" gamers excited.

watershed

Banned
I was hyped the moment Nintendo announced the cafe will be at E3. But I try not to put any stock in rumors or set a any concrete expectations. That way I will be surprised by everything instead of thinking "well that rumor was right" or "too bad that rumor was off".

Azure J

DragonKnight said:
Fuck Smash Bros.

Windwaker HD with the scrapped dungeons and more shit to do in the overworld or Metroid Prime remastered in HD.

No more remakes! New stuff plz. And I say this as someone who'd snap a Windwaker master edition right up too.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
DragonKnight said:
Fuck Smash Bros.

Windwaker HD with the scrapped dungeons and more shit to do in the overworld or Metroid Prime remastered in HD.

Fuck the remakes. Give me a new Metroid Prime and a new Zelda in Wind Waker's art style over those.

Fair enough. The reason I don't want a new Prime is because key members from the first team have left.

Can I has a HD 2D metroid made by the Fusion team then?

From The Dust said:
Please. No more WW style. I'm sick of looking at those characters

tumblr_l8wll9x8xW1qcipp3o1_500.gif

antonz

DragonKnight said:
It means that you have already comes to terms with the inevitable Nintendo NeoGAF meltdown and the reality that your current pc that you got in a Sunday ad from Dell is probably more powerful than this thing will ever be.

Edit: I would LOVE to eat some extra large crow on this one
I think you overestimate the graphical capabilities of most PCs available for purchase. Average and most above average prebuilt system are still using 8800GT average powered cards.

v1oz

herzogzwei1989 said:
Yep, I feel the same. I suppose we might find out something in.....12 days.
Xbox Live is over rated. It doesnt offer anything game play wise that you cant get else where for free. And It's one of the most bloated console system frontends I've ever seen. I'd rather Nintendo took a few pointers from iOS.

Triton55

Hiltz said:
At this rate, we're the reason E3 is going to suck.
Maybe in the very short term, but after all is said and done, GAF is usually pretty good at evaluating E3s without taking into account the hype because we can compare the amount of announcements to other years.

Anth0ny

Hiltz said:
Wind Waker? Metroid? Smash Brothers ? F-Zero ?

No.

Star-Fox-Live-Action-580x494.jpg

God damn if they use this mutha fuckin art style I'd shit myself.

Hell, I've already shit myself. LOOK AT THIS HARDCORE MOTHER FUCKER

StarFox-Snes.jpg

From The Dust said:
Please. No more WW style. I'm sick of looking at those characters

I agree, no more Wind Waker style, I say push up the Twilight Princess style with vastly more detail and go with that for the next Zelda.

I love Twilight Princess and make no apologiess for it.

Anth0ny

Honestly I'd love a Wind Waker in 1080p (the scrapped dungeons would be a super awesome bonus I don't expect). My argument lies in the Dolphin thread.

And I don't think Wind Waker's style needs to be retired. Hell, if anything, now is the time to use it. Nintendo's first HD console would showcase it beautifully.

I like to pretend the DS Zelda games never happened, and FSA wasn't really a mainline Zelda, so I don't really feel like the Wind Waker style is played out just yet. Retiring that style while releasing an HD console for the first time is stupid.

Gravijah

Anth0ny said:
Wind Waker
FS/A
Minish Cap
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks
Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland

OK yes, thank you Nintendo for the new art direction in SS.

Chet Rippo said:
http://i.imgur.com/HX7XF.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yeah, the world isn't very WWy though.

watershed

Banned
Anth0ny said:
Honestly I'd love a Wind Waker in 1080p (the scrapped dungeons would be a super awesome bonus I don't expect). My argument lies in the Dolphin thread.

And I don't think Wind Waker's style needs to be retired. Hell, if anything, now is the time to use it. Nintendo's first HD console would showcase it beautifully.

I like to pretend the DS Zelda games never happened, and FSA wasn't really a mainline Zelda, so I don't really feel like the Wind Waker style is played out just yet. Retiring that style while releasing an HD console for the first time is stupid.

I think Nintendo should keep the WW style for the 3ds zelda titles, they can actually make it looks as good as Winder Waker or better now with the 3ds hardware, so we won't get the ds fugly stuff.

Hiltz

Yeah, the 3DS would make the Wind Waker visuals look much better. I only played Spirit Tracks which didn't impress me much in anyway other than touch screen control. Although the partner gimmick with Zelda and puzzle-solving were pretty fun but not enough to make up for the boring train travel.

Starfox done in the same art style that picture would be amazing. Although, it would probably give children nightmares. I mean, Falco looks like an freak from The Muppets and there's something off about the way Slippy looks.

Perhaps Nintendo will experiment with new visual styles since Project Cafe is expected to be at least as powerful as the 360. Nintendo's obviously not a fan of photorealism anyway.

Log4Girlz

Ya know what....fuck it I expect Nintendo games to look no better than 360 games, regardless of how much more powerful it turns out to be.

Top Bottom