• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Imma let you finish, but Captain America has the greatest rogue's gallery of ALL TIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Nc6jjq4.jpg

All better than Captain Shitfest.

Wiseblade

He seems to be starting to pull his head out of his furry blue ass. He finally admitted Cyclop was right and that's a step in the right direction.

Beast was wrong and Wolverine held that grudge for way too long, but I hesitate to call Cyclops right. He's way too eager to pick a fight and Messed with the Phoenix when he should know better than anyone the threat it entails.

You can't have the best rogue gallery in comics if the average person can only name one of your villains.

Batman and Spider-Man have the best rogue galleries. And the X-Men if groups count.

It's sad that villains actually have to achieve something before people appreciate them. I love the shit out of the b and c list villains. Especially Spider-Man's.

IceCold

Flash's rogue's gallery seems pretty meh. Reverse Flash is basically a copy of flash. Then you have a dude that can freeze shit, a gorilla, another dude that plays the flute, etc. You can tell these are all villains that were invented 50+ years ago.

You can't have the best rogue gallery in comics if the average person can only name one of your villains.

Batman and Spider-Man have the best rogue galleries. And the X-Men if groups count.

popularity and quality are two very different things, PD. There are loads of amazing comics and arcs that the average person has never heard of!

Is Taskmaster a mutant? Can Marvel use him in a film?

Taskmaster is not a mutant. Marvel can (and really, really should) use him as they see fit.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
They should make
Grant Ward
from Agents of SHIELD turn into Taskmaster.

All better than Captain America.

you're right, but no need to shit on the Cap.

mind yourself.

Flash's rogue's gallery seems pretty meh. Reverse Flash is basically a copy of flash. Then you have a dude that can freeze shit, a gorilla, another dude that plays the flute, etc. You can tell these are all villains that were invented 50+ years ago.

do you watch Flash? i have a feeling the show is gonna make a lot of people feel very differently...

Beast was wrong and Wolverine held that grudge for way too long, but I hesitate to call Cyclops right. He's way too eager to pick a fight and Messed with the Phoenix when he should know better than anyone the threat it entails.

mess with the Phoenix? he wanted the opposite, he just wanted the phoenix to come and do its thing(he was right about what it was trying to do), the Avengers(Iron Man) are the ones who messed with the Phoenix

pulga

Banned
Great thing about Batman is how people are still creating great, even iconic villains for him in the modern age.

Hush
225px-Hushx.jpg

Professor Pyg
Prof_Pyg.jpg

Court of Owls + Talon
court-of-owls-gotham-the-villains-we-want-to-see-court-of-owls-edition.jpeg

This have me thinking a Taskmaster and Deathstroke fight would be awesome

Taskmaster has some absolutely amazingly ridiculous fights. He's a really fun character.

edit: I've always loved this one

2299074-elektra_1.jpg

2299076-elektra_2.jpg

Taskmaster and Elektra are in combat, Tasky is switching styles on her trying to find something that will work. He switches to Daredevil, which throws Elektra (who had been dating Daredevil recently) just enough to give him an opening to defeat her.

Thing is, to do this Taskmaster has to shut his eyes, because DD is blind and apparently fights that way- But Taskmaster has no radar sense. He's literally fighting and defeating elektra completely blind there.

Wiseblade

mess with the Phoenix? he wanted the opposite, he just wanted the phoenix to come and do its thing(he was right about what it was trying to do), the Avengers(Iron Man) are the ones who messed with the Phoenix

All Cyclops did in AvX was rant about how he planned to to use the Phoenix to revive the mutant population. But the second he has the power to do just that, Scott goes on a crusade to show how much better a Mutant-led world would be. In the end, the Avengers helped Hope bring the Mutants back.

Hagi

Taskmaster has some absolutely amazingly ridiculous fights. He's a really fun character.

Huh I had no idea of his relationship with Shield. Think I need to read up on him I've only really experienced him through cameos.

All Cyclops did in AvX was rant about how he planned to to use the Phoenix to revive the mutant population. But the second he has the power to do just that, Scott goes on a crusade to show how much better a Mutant-led world would be. In the end, the Avengers helped Hope bring the Mutants back.

All the bad things Scott did and it was Beast who got a house call from The Watcher telling him how fucked he is.

I don't really care to get in to all that right now(I've talked about it enough), all I wanted to make clear was Cyclops didn't mess with the Phoenix

guek

Banned
I don't recall finding out the Phoenix was coming to earth to restore the mutant population. Cyclops was much more wrong than he was close to being right.

- Hope definitely wasn't ready for the Phoenix when it actually showed up
- It wasn't just a mutant issue, it was a clear threat to the entire planet
- He thought they could control it

I thought they were only able to restore the planet's mutants once Hope was trained, and even then she needed the help of scarlet witch. The avengers definitely needlessly escalated everything though.

Replicant

Err...those are okay OP. Definitely not as good as Batman's or Spiderman's or X-Men's nemesis though.

This actually made me admire Marvel's casting ability for being able to turn Cap and his nemesis into something that I'd want to watch. Even their casting for Crossbones and Von Strucker are inspired.

Movie Von Strucker looks awesome as well. Thomas Kretschmann impressed me in, like, one minute. He's going to be great, hopefully they don't throw him out of a balcony ten minutes in

He should have been Jack Driscoll in that Peter Jackson's remake of "King Kong". Would have made a more entertaining lead than Adrian Boring Brody.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Out of curiosity, who would you rank as the top 3 for Batman then? Joker is obviously #1, but who would fill slots 2 and 3?

Same with Spidey. Green Goblin and Doc Ock for the top 2 at least.

top 3 batman picks.

the joker at one. theres no denying the symbiotic relationship the two have. they have a tom and jerry, road runner and wile e coyote relationship. a truly cancerous relationship that poisons them and everyone around them.

two is ra's al ghul. ra's is a trial by fire dude. and he sees batman as one of his greatest rivals. hell he respects the bat to an impressive degree, and keeps coming back to rain on the batmans parade.

the third is talia. i was gonna give it to black mask, but i decided to give it to someone more personal. a constant love interest and enemy, she really upped the ante on the bat list when she raped the bat and birthed their son damian. shes a conflicted woman stuck between duty of family, and her love of bruce.

with spidey, its a pretty easy list too

norman osborn. i dont think i have to go into this one, but norman has fucked with pete/spidey more than any other character. and that goes for both personas.

dr octopus. rounding up second, ock gets the nod from me simply due to spock period. hes an ok villain on his own, but his act at jumping into petes body, spraying new york with a dumbing agent, and parading around as him is incredibly fucked. its pretty much his legacy at this point.

third is kraven the hunter. this one wasnt hard at all, as i see their relationship as much more that the other spider man mooks. theres no money in kravens motivations in taking out spider man, but the aspect that spider man is his most dangerous game. he keeps losing, but with every loss, the desire to kill spider man grows. it also helps that his family has cost pete friends. so that definetely pushes him up past clowns like mysterio vulture and rhino

X-Men have by far the best rogue gallery anyway

Apocalypse
Magneto
Mr.Sinister
Cyclops
Sabretooth
Mystique
Onslaught
Mojo
Brood (well thats a race)
Hellfire Club (original not the kids)
Juggernaut
Dark Phoenix
Shadow King
Cassandra Nova

I could go on
I'd actually agree with this, the more I think about it.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
The Flash wins.

Gorilla Grodd is a telepathic gorilla. Professor Zoom is a time-travelling asshole who fucks up Barry Allen's life in reverse. And The Rogues (Captain Cold, Trickster, Weather Wizard, Golden Glider, Captain Boomerang, Heatwave, The Top, Weather Wizard) are flat-out bad-asses who all prove worthy adversaries for The Flash.

The Rogues alone are an A-List rogues gallery. And Flash also faces a time-travelling magician regularly. Utter. Boss.

Shit, his Rogues gallery is so awesome that The Rogues got tie-in mini series to Final Crisis, AND Forever Evil. They're so epic that they feature in their own stories independent of The Flash. In the last few years alone they've fought zombies, New Gods AND faced off against superpowered villains from another universe SIMPLY because those characters dared threaten Central City, their hometown.

Also... Heatwave managed to melt a Black Lantern ring WITH A HEAT GUN. Something that it took multiple Emotional Spectrum team-ups to do. '"Everything has a melting point."

Flash is a solid #3 behind Batman and Spider-Man.

Captain America doesn't even have the best rogue gallery in Marvel.

That's that. His rogues gallery is really just Red Skull, Crossbones, Zemo (more Avengers), and Strucker...who I can't take seriously after the Gorgon basically cuckolded & killed him in Wolverine.

I think the reason Spider-Man's and Batman's are so highly regarded is that they've been explored in so many stories and mediums. They're so familar and we know their stories intimately . We saw them on the big screen, in the books, on saturday morning, in video games, etc.

Others have good villians but when they only really get one outlet (the books) they don't get to grow as much as others.

sasliquid

Imo

1. Batman

Joker, Ras Al Ghul, Catwoman, Riddler, Penguin, Bane, Croc, Two Face, Scarecrow. (Edit: and Harley, Poison Ivy, Clayface, Mr Freeze). All iconic and a lot have amzing stories. Also probs to a load of post 2000 good villains like Dr Hurt, Hush, Pyg and Court of Owls

2. Spider-Man

>>>>

Everyone else

But I'd give it next to Xmen, Flash or superman

After that is FF, Daredevil and Cap all of which have lots of pretty good villains and one or two brilliant villains

Platy

While I love Zemo and Taskmaster (they need to make a Taskmaster tv series) Spider-Man, Batman and X-Men rogue gallerys are MUCH better than caps.

And no, Flash Rogue Galleries sucks =p

Zod, Doomsday, Lex, Darkseid, Brainiac?

Ok. Maybe its a little weaker than I was thinking lol.

Hey now, Supes also has Toyman, Livewire, Parasite, Bizarro, Metallo, and Volcana.

I mean, take that as you will. I like his gallery, although I'd place much of that weight on the animated series.

Also, I'm not here to argue rogue's galleries, but one thing I do know: Baron Zemo is definitely sick as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom