• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Imma let you finish, but Captain America has the greatest rogue's gallery of ALL TIME

Status
Not open for further replies.
SHocker is always there for the kids

superior_foes_of_spiderman_5b_1.jpg

Ok, that's godlike and I am so glad I've now seen that.

Nice list, definitely well thought out. Although I definitely Spider-man and Batman have a better list, Caps is not too bad itself.

Frog-fu

Banned
This thread reminds of something that disappointed me in Arkham Origins.

The game is great, I really like what they did with Troy Baker as The Joker, but did they really have to
play Black Mask like that? I was really enjoying the gaming thinking I'd be dealing with a different big bad whilst under the impression that The Joker wouldn't be introduced until the end of the game if at all, but then they went ahead and pulled that twist, which admittedly led to great things, but really kind of, I dunno, cheapened the whole experience prior to that. It was worse than when Hugo Strange was completely overshadowed in Arkham City. At the very least, Black Mask should've stayed a bit more relevant after Joker made his appearance. Am I the only one that feels this way?

Everyone should read Superior Foes
I'll be sure to check it out. I've been reading Superior Spider-Man from the beginning and I'm loving it (just got done with the Superior Venom arc). Doc Ock Spidey is such a fuck.

Frog-fu said:
This thread reminds of something that disappointed me in Arkham Origins.

The game is great, I really like what they did with Troy Baker as The Joker,
but did they really have to play Black Mask like that? I was really enjoying the gaming thinking I'd be dealing with a different big bad whilst under the impression that The Joker wouldn't be introduced until the end of the game if at all, but then they went ahead and pulled that twist, which admittedly led to great things, but really kind of, I dunno, cheapened the whole experience prior to that. It was worse than when Hugo Strange was completely overshadowed in Arkham City. At the very least, Black Mask should've stayed a bit more relevant after Joker made his appearance. Am I the only one that feels this way?

Arkham Origins killed any enthusiasm I had for the Batman franchise as a whole. It made me sick of Batman, and I've never been sick of Batman. I kind of appreciate that, though, since it made me look at other characters from DC.

Cap has probably my favorite after Parker and Wayne.

Need to look into Flash's since it's nothing but good things and all I really know of is Grodd and that ice guy.

Thor's got an okay set too by virtue of the heavy hitters becoming Avengers baddies.

Wag

6-actors-who-could-play-brainiac-in-justice-league-46e22c35-46fc-4704-9bbc-a235362ec514.jpeg

Supes has rogues that were so well known they even included them as new words in the English dictionary.

Gartooth

Baron_Zemo_(Earth-9).jpg

comics need to turn Zemo into a bigger deal, guy looks cool as fuck

This Zemo art kills me every time. It would be fucking awesome seeing him in a Cap movie, and I'm hoping that he is secretly the villain of Civil War even though I have no idea how that would work out.

Slayven

Oh, i'm pretty sure I can come up with something much, much dumber pretty quickly
Shit I can think up 10 more fucked up things off the top of my head. 2 of them involve incest, and of those involve incest and canniblism. And one of those incidents involved a superhero that got his own tv show.

That's not even the dumbest X-Men related thing in comics.

Not even the dumbest X-men thing that year

Finaika

Wolverine has better rogue's gallery.

Albert, Elsie Dee, Dirt Nap, Sabretooth, Omega Red, Cyber, Daken, Lady Deathstrike, Ogun, Silver Samauri, Magneto, Hulk, Cyclops etc.

You know what would be better? Top three villains from each rogue gallery and compare from there. Large lists dont do much but see people pull out relic or useless characters to pad the counts up.
Do it like this and Daredevil wins, in my opinion.

Kingpin
Bullseye
Typhoid Mary

I actually like Superman's rogue's gallery alot, the problem is that they have basically upgraded his heavy hitters to become DC universe size threats. Like I don't think Darkseid should ever be a "superman only" villain, but with Lex and Brainiac's stocks on the rise his enemies seem to have taken a blow.

This Zemo art kills me every time. It would be fucking awesome seeing him in a Cap movie, and I'm hoping that he is secretly the villain of Civil War even though I have no idea how that would work out.

Is the world truly ready for dat Zemo swag? I think they might be finally.

VoxPop

Great read. Not a big comic book reader by any means so it was nice seeing this as some insight into Caps world who I found extremely uninteresting till now. Would be cool if you went over other rogue galleries as well :p

This thread made me start thinking about the difference in the rogues galleries between the two heroes DC decided to give shows on the CW. Flash has an amazing rogues gallery, while Green Arrow has two good villains- Merlyn and Count Vertigo. He gets by entirely on Batman and the Teen Titans lending out their rogues for pity fights.

So that got me thinking- is there a reverse Arrow? A series where the villains so outclass the heroes that the bad guys are insanely popular and appear everywhere, but the heroes aren't popular enough to get regular page time? The one case I can think of is the New Gods. Any others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom