• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In your Opinion which AssCreed game is the best ?

I'm looking to get a Asscreed game on Pc and I keep seing people say Unity is the best and the best looking one, I can get it for 10$ , is it worth it ? I tried getting into Black Flag , the whole open world thing is not for me

AC2 . Goes into good backstory and really fleshes out who Ezio and Desmond.

My ranking from best to worst (although, I like them all)
AC2, 4, 3, AC1, Brotherhood, Revelations, , Origins, Odyssey, Syndicate, Unity, Valhalla.

I haven't played the new one yet so can't rank that. Also PSP AC Bloodlines was awesome for a portable ac and vita's liberation was different but still fun.

Get Ezio collection it has AC2, brotherhood and revelations. oh wait , pc doesn't have the collection (so weird), I would still say AC2 , as it limits your area , but expands gradually and has a real plot. AC4 does not and is massive.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
I really liked Ac 2. And Unity is really beatiful and has a very cool looking combat but, a boring story. The others can be ignored.

Edit: Syndicate was fun, too, but i never finished it.

Last edited:

Gerdav

You can’t go wrong picking up The Ezio Collection or Ezio Trilogy I believe the PC version is called, Unity is a good one to, maybe you could just start with a month of Ubisoft + and try them that way.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Brotherhood.
But last one I've played was black flag which I hated. So boring, so long.

IK do have origins and plan to give that a chance.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Not even ashamed to say Unity.
The scale of the city is amazing, parkour felt like parkour, I actually liked the combat.....the story is an AC story, it aint winning any pulitzer prizes.
And yes, its still the graphical king, baked lighting or no.

icon0.png

0JH9uaYLozePLWj3M7QowO3YtHbXnXg1.png

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
None, I trie to play Assassins creed revelations, Syndicate and Black Flag.... I have all 3 and I haven't spent more than 5 hours on any of them.

They are games that bore me too much.

They don't let me explore freely and I can't do what I want because of the disastrous penalty system.

The saga is not for me.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
AC2 for the classic experience but it will feel janky.
If you want the 'traditional' feel in the modern games then go for for Syndicate. Unity is marmite.

Of the modern, origins then Odyssey. If you want the game that deviates most wildly but is still good, go with valhalla.

Don't worry about the story, none of us have a fucking clue what's happening any more.

Kokoloko85

AC2 trilogy for Story and mission
AC3 for Combat and climbing.
AC Black Flag overall is pretty decent too for missions and exploring

AC unity had some good mechanics and graphics, design too. Felt more AC than most AC games lol

Last edited:

Mowcno

I've finished 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, Blackflag and Origins. I probably got about halfway through 3.

Out of those I'd probably say Blackflag. Origins is a close second but I disliked the story and main character.

Kokoloko85

Ubisoft couldn't just make one really good one!? Lol
Haha true.
I mean Black Flag and AC2 were probably ones Id class as good.

AC3 for me had the best combat and none of the others had climbing mechanics like it. You could climb tree’s, mountains and most things. People didnt like the lack of Assassin missions, and Connor wasn’t as flamboyant and charming as Ezio but I liked it

T4keD0wN

Assassin's Creed 3
It has the most interesting and exotic setting, plus they have introduced sailing and double/tool finishers.
Plot twists, shocking moments, best gameplay, the most unique missions, the ending of the Desmond story. Its the best.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
I'm split between AC2 and AC4 personally.

AC4 has a much weaker story but I just love sailing around the Carribbean and doing pirate shit, and the bloat wasn't too obnoxious yet at that point. The gameplay and content overall feels the most refined and balanced to me. Like, the gameplay is fun and varied enough to justify the content, and there's enough content to get the most out of the gameplay.

AC2, on the other hand, obviously has the best storyline of all series and I love the setting. Also, as far as overall length and the amount of content goes, it's pretty much a near perfect open world game. It took what was good about the original and improved upon every single apsect of it. The only downside are the more time wasting activities like the feathers. It's not a bad idea on its own because it provides some excuse to randomly parkour around the city and play around with that system. It's just that there are way too many of those fucking things to collect. That was the Ubisoft template since day one - take a fun idea and completely ruin it by copy pasting it into the game several hundred times.

Ranked in order best to worst.

AC2, Black Flag, Mirage, AC3, Revelations, Rogue, Brotherhood, Valhalla, AC1, Syndicate, Unity, Origins, Odyssey.

cormack12

Gold Member
Assassin's Creed 3
It has the most interesting and exotic setting, plus they have introduced sailing and double/tool finishers.
Plot twists, shocking moments, best gameplay, the most unique missions, the ending of the Desmond story. Its the best.

Assassin's Creed 3. I haven't played the series much after it.

tumblr_inline_mhf2zsOuiU1qct9oj.gif

Do not be tricked by these people. They are trying to make you waste $5, and with your budget that's really going to eat into your spending power.

YCoCg

Unity is the last *TRUE* AC game but the story is average, the combo of AC2 and Brotherhood will always be best for classic Assassin's Creed and then if you fancy more it's Revelations. AC3 is also good but it takes soo damn long to actually start. Black Flag is a great pirate game that's just enjoyable and chill af at times, but the actual Assassin stuff is more of a back drop.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Also, Unity looks great, the visuals are fantastic and they compliment the French Revolution setting really well. It's a fascinating time period to explore but if you didn't like the open world of AC4 and thought it was too much, then this game is even worse. There's like a literal carpet of bullshit "content" that covers the entire map in this game, to the point where you have to disable all of it if you want to see anything relevant to the story on the map screen. The plot was also kinda "meh" in my opinion. It was one of the more interesting ones but nothing to write home about. The combat is also a bit hit or miss for a lot of people. I personally liked it because it felt weighty and the animations are great, but I've seen a lot of complaints about it too.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Depends what you like. A lot of people will say the older ones but I personally think Origins is really good. I used to like the older ones, but I can’t go back to the old system now. Just my opinion.

Topher

Gold Member
tumblr_inline_mhf2zsOuiU1qct9oj.gif

Do not be tricked by these people. They are trying to make you waste $5, and with your budget that's really going to eat into your spending power.

Tell me where else you can learn the Iroqoui language for five bucks.

Tell Pulp Fiction GIF

seriously.....that section of the game was painful

SJRB

Gold Member
Unity is the best bang for your buck if you're looking for the modern variant of the classic AC experience:

- huge city
- great atmosphere
- amazing visuals
- good story
- great characters
- gameplay is solid
- best parkour mechanics in the entire franchise by a mile
- no seriously, looks amazing even after 10 years
- nice customization options (no idea why this was dropped)

Very, very immersive game and a remarkable setting. Such a wild period in time.

Kurotri

Been playing since the original and for me it's Odyssey. Sorry purists!
If I had to name the top 5, it'd go like this: Odyssey > AC2 > Black Flag > Brotherhood > AC1

Top Bottom