• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In your Opinion which AssCreed game is the best ?

Tams

Black Flag > II > Unity > Syndicate

But I love Black Flag being a pirate game but also not a pirate game, and it being somewhat open world. If you don't like that, then drop it down a few, but it's still great.

II is a refinement and continuation of the first game, and has the real 'spirit' of what the franchise is.

YuLY

AC 2 > Brotherhood > Black Flag > AC 3 > Unity > Syndicate > Valhalla > Rogue > Revelations > AC 1 > Odyssey > Mirage > Origins > Liberation

Setting: Black Flag obviously.

Mechanically: Odyssey. I actually enjoyed the bloated "we played The Witcher" game for all the expanded RPG elements.

Valhalla lost me on the reduction of stealth, and the awwwwful quality audio because god forbid it not all fit on 1 disc.

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
AC2 and Unity are the two I'd say are the best. Unity was a mess at launch, but this prompted Ubisoft to give it some extra attention, so now it's actually more polished than most AC games released around its time.
The games I can most recommend are the whole Ezio trilogy (AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations) for the complete journey of the series' greatest character. Unity is the next must-play—SJRB's post nails why.

Kokoloko85

Assassin's Creed 3
It has the most interesting and exotic setting, plus they have introduced sailing and double/tool finishers.
Plot twists, shocking moments, best gameplay, the most unique missions, the ending of the Desmond story. Its the best.
My personal favourite

Pirate Simulator: Conquest of the Caribbean. I think Prince of Persia is a much better IP than Assassin's Creed.

P.S. From the perspective of my brother who enjoys the actual IP: Assassin's Creed III is the best self contained story. No point in only playing one of the Ezio Trilogy (II, Brotherhood, Revelations) as they build on one another. Unity is only worth playing in Co-Op. Some missions are balanced around it.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Origins for me. Ever since the series began I wanted one in Egypt and this was basically a dream come true for me. LOVED the world they created.

AC2 had the best story by far though

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Origins or Odyssey tied for me. Odyssey runs pretty bad even on high end rigs though so I’d say Origins.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Assassins Creed II is the best one, though it looks a bit dated these days. Unity is very good also and still looks amazing at times.
Agreed.

II is still the best.

Unity is probably my second favorite overall. The city, the ways to do assassinations, the parkour, the weapon variety.

Also, the 3 RPG ones (Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla) are dog shit.

Last edited:

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I don't know about best, since I stopped playing them after Brotherhood, but my favorite of those early titles was AC1. It was the only one that actually made me feel like an assassin collecting info on targets, planning my approach, executing and making good my escape.

Well I can't say if it's the best or not since I didn't play all AC games that have released so far, but I'll say that the one I enjoyed the most was definitely this one:

81zaZuWJhnL._SL1500_.jpg

Awesome setting, cool main character (Kassandra) and fun combat + exploration.

GymWolf

Only liked first one for the novelty and origins for the location and shake up of the gameplay (still bad but better than previous games).

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Valhalla > Syndicate > Unity > Black Flag > Rogue > Mirage > Odyssey > Brotherhood > AC3 > Liberation > AC2 > China/India/Russia > Revelations > AC

I like them all though, cept Origins, it's gutter trash and I will never play it again; nice setting though.

Roberts

Origins, Odyssey (Kassandra is awesome) and Valhalla are my favourite, but I remember enjoying most of them.

Last edited:

Warablo

AC II is the nostalgia pick
AC Unity is most impressive with parkour, scale, crowd and graphics. (wasn't the biggest fan of the story)
AC Blackflag or Rogue for sailing. Both are good games.
AC Syndicate, I was a fan of the city and era. Combat was different
AC Origins was neat just for the location, but felt everything else was seemed like wasted potential. Seemed better than Odyssey though.
AC 3 I thought was neat (era and tomahawk), but don't think it will age well.

kyussman

Looking back I enjoyed 2 the most,great protag,beautiful settings and the gameplay still felt fresh.They improved certain aspects in later games but overall 2 was a great game.

Top Bottom