• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In your Opinion which AssCreed game is the best ?

violence

If you play Assassin‘s Creed 2, I don’t recommend the PC version. It’s a pain in the ass to get working and some things aren’t fixable. On consule it just works.

My favorite ones are brotherhood, black flag and origins for the Egypt setting.

Last edited:

yansolo

i liked odyssey but im Greek and there is some bias there with the setting, but i dont think its a good game overall and i probably wouldnt play it again. The story, dialogue and voice acting was too goofy and the combat wasnt the best.

pure assassins creed iv'e only played 1, 2 and unity, i enjoyed unity most

emivita

Unity is pretty, but boring as fuck. Syndicate is better than Unity IMO.

Ezio trilogy and Black Flag are the best in the series, AC2 has the most emotional story (and the best soundtrack) and BF has the most adventurous and satisfying gameplay.

Last edited:

Codes 208

A tie between origins and black flag.

Black flag for being different by mixing a bit of wind waker-style traveling and origins for being a fun botw meets classic asscreed in a rpg open world title.

Hudo

AC Brotherhood > AC 2 > AC Unity > AC 1 > AC Revelations > AC 3.

Haven't played the rest of the games because I lost interest after AC3. Laugh at me if you want, but I liked the modern-day story with Desmond. How the fucked that shit up so hard with AC 3 made me lose interest. And also: Ubisoft's "RPG-fying" of the series is also not what I want from an AC game.

Mobilemofo

I own them all thus far, and finished most of them. Having given it some serious thought, and I hope others agree, I am going to have to go with Black Flag. I remember being stunned by the visuals. Especially at sea, boat getting battered, waves riding high...it felt like chaos, but in a good way. Loved the story too..man, you had to put in some serious serious hours to get EVERYTHING in black flag.

I would totally appreciate a Black Flag remake in Unreal Engine 5. At £30-£35 quid, I'd put my first ever pre-order down rapidly.

And also purchase extra pants..I'd be shitting myself with excitement. 😄

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Most ppl will say the second but I didnt like it that much, the atmosphere I mean. Black Flag was awesome had some amazing ship fights and locations, decent story, awesome soundtrack. Odyssey is second best. Everything else is meh.

Juza

Assassin's Creed 2
It is about revenge, hidden agenda and personal motives. It was the game that skyrocketed the franchise so high that Ubisoft made two full sequels to it.

Assassin's Creed: Rogue
It's basically Assassin's Creed 4 but better IMO. The special thing about it is that you play as former assassin who became a templar member and being chased by the assassins.

Last edited:

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Been playing since the original and for me it's Odyssey. Sorry purists!
If I had to name the top 5, it'd go like this: Odyssey > AC2 > Black Flag > Brotherhood > AC1
My top 5 would be

Odyssey>II>Syndicate>Valhalla>III

Yes, I love III fuck y'all lol. Loved the setting, the atmosphere, Connor, the missions, etc.

MagnesD3

AC2 was the best one ive played. The Story was still interesting, the gameplay improvements were impressive, the dungeons were awesome and the I loved the puzzles that you would find to give you more hints on a grand secret. I gave it a 9.4-9.5 back then.

To be fair tho Ive only played up to AC Brotherhood, it was more of the same but not as good so I took a break which turned to me hearing about the main story being thrown away to make infinite AC games so I never went back to the series.

So far Brotherhood is my favorite, but I haven't played past Revelations yet so I can't comment on Unity and whatnot, but Unity does look awesome.

From the new trilogy I'd say Origins, but you could like Odyssey more just depending on what setting you prefer. But Origins seems a little tighter.

Top Bottom