• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7, 2.4GHz A10 Chip, IPX7, Dual cameras, Piano Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some new photos of the 7 have leaked.

Source:

http://www.techsignin.com/tintuc/anh-mat-sau-cua-iphone-7-camera-den-flash/

AgUMGkS.jpg

FfOJgLG.jpg

MrHpO76.jpg

nSiPqxP.jpg

Glossy black photo isn't doing any justice. I need to see it in person before I make the decision. Might go with that baby blue one ;).

Trademarks for 'AirPod Case,' 'Iris Engine,' 'Touch Bar,' and More Hint at Future Apple Products

Alongside the AirPods, which are said to be wireless Bluetooth earbuds, Apple also appears to have trademarked the name "AirPod Case," which is in line with rumors suggesting the AirPods will come with a battery case that is aimed at charging them on the go to increase battery life. The AirPods are rumored to feature four hours of battery life sans case and they could be announced at tomorrow's event along with updated Beats headphones.

Conroy has also found trademark filings for future Apple products that include "Apple Iris Engine," "Apple Iris Image Engine," "Apple Smart Button," and "Apple Touch Bar," which he plans to cover in greater detail in later posts. Apple is rumored to be working on iris recognition capabilities for the 2017 iPhone, and "Apple Touch Bar" could potentially refer to the touch panel that's built into the next-generation MacBook Pro, rumored to be coming tis October. Apple Smart Button is less clear, but could potentially refer to the new touch-based flush Home button coming in the iPhone 7.

f@luS

More than a member.
Don't like glossy but again I'll buy the official leather case so I don't care much about the back color as long as the front is black and not white

Still ... I wanted the 7 128 but might go with the plus if it's the only one with double camera and 3gb ...

ryan299

I'm eligible for an upgrade, but I'm still not sold on this phone. Don't like how it's the same form factor as my 6.

Jeffrey

Something about the camera lens looks disgusting.

Reminds me of a fish's eye, like a tuna or something.

It's just looking at ya.

where to put this airpod case as a dude with 2 pockets, which currently is wallet+keys left, phone right.

hmmm...

You probably only need it for charging so you can just leave it at home or in the office or wherever. One thing I'm curious about is if Apple is going to release iPhone docks with two lightning ports so you can charge your phone and listen to music at the same time with the new lightning earbuds.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
My BT headphones have a carrying case that is also a battery pack for charging. Is very handy as they'll often drop to almost no battery just when you need them. Wonder if they'll be quick charge like Apple Pencil? You won't want to leave them in the case for an hour to charge

Ashhong

been a month or so since I sold my 6+, but the key jank issues for me where:

- pull down spotlight search from the homescreen stuttered like crazy.
- 3rd party keyboards like Swiftkey take a while to open, sometimes not at all (could just be an ios issue, but its less of a problem on my ipad pro).
- Apps typically reload when opening them from multitasking, rarely keeps stuff in memory.

Everything else was fine for me.

That's it? 3rd party keyboards are pretty slow on all iPhones from what I've seen. And the multitasking is also an issue on most of them.

The 6+ is a fine phone. It's definitely no iPad 3

I don't think Apple will raise the prices. They will keep it at the 100$ intervals

Jeffrey

That's it? 3rd party keyboards are pretty slow on all iPhones from what I've seen. And the multitasking is also an issue on most of them.

The 6+ is a fine phone. It's definitely no iPad 3

I don't think Apple will raise the prices. They will keep it at the 100$ intervals

6S addresses all those issues from what I've seen.

The point is while it wasn't as bad as the ipad 3, it still wasn't amazing, and I ended up being pretty disappointed in Apple for a device I paid $850 for.

The processor and ram just wasn't there for the jump to the larger display.

Jeffrey

Remember when apple got in trouble for photoshopping the bulge out of the iphone 6 promo material?

Now they doubling down.

They really should just make the whole thing thicker, bigger battery etc. Anyone else find the 6 phones super slippery?

Had to slap a case on day 1 because I feared dropping it.

finalflame

Gold Member
Remember when apple got in trouble for photoshopping the bulge out of the iphone 6 promo material?

Now they doubling down.

They really should just make the whole thing thicker, bigger battery etc. Anyone else find the 6 phones super slippery?

Yup, can't use my 6 without a case. Too slippery and too thin, feels like it's going to just drop out of my hand at any moment.

Eiolon

Was hoping for iPhone SE design. Went from the 6S+ to the SE just because of that and did not regret. Would like a little larger screen though.

Mr Swine

Banned
Is the camera in the normal iPhone 7 better than the one in iPhone 6S plus? Hence it having a bigger sensor? Aren't the ones in the 7 Plus smaller than the one in 7'/

Was hoping for iPhone SE design. Went from the 6S+ to the SE just because of that and did not regret. Would like a little larger screen though.

Speaking of SE, Will this tech work its way into a next generation SE, or would that not be possible in the smaller chassis?

Jeffrey

Is the camera in the normal iPhone 7 better than the one in iPhone 6S plus? Hence it having a bigger sensor? Aren't the ones in the 7 Plus smaller than the one in 7'/

don't waste brain cells think too much about this now.

Let Apple sell you it tomorrow.

VertPin

Can anyone confirm if streaming works using the Xbox One Edge browser? I'm going over to a friend's tomorrow and we are watching this, but only have our iPhone's and a PC running Vista (lol).

I still think there's going to be some gimmick to this new phone that we haven't heard about yet. I don't think a faster processor, a better camera and some level of waterproofing is enough to get people excited about the lack of a headphone jack.
It'd be nice if the improved race-to-sleep times and general power efficiency of the A10 give it true all-day battery life but I'm not holding my breath. Getting the 4.7" model to the same battery life as the 6SE would be great though.

But yeah, I agree that there'll almost certainly be a new exclusive software feature that we don't yet know about.

Anth0ny

Now they doubling down.

never!

must...sacrifice... everything. to get 0.1mm thinner!

kaskade

Between this and the playstation conference tomorrow is going to be a great day for tech.

Not sure I really like that piano black though, looks like it'll get pretty beat up. I've been with the black phones for a long time now so I'm thinking of switching it up to a white faced one.

-griffy-

Banned
Yeah right man

Get a glue stick and slap this on the back of the phone and you wouldn't tell the difference:
black7mmround.jpg

Camera bump still sucks, but I think how they did it on the 7 looks marginally better. Still gonna put a case on it anyways.

Red

The camera bump on the 7 looks like Apple trying to shave a fraction of a cent off their manufacturing cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom