• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7, 2.4GHz A10 Chip, IPX7, Dual cameras, Piano Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffrey

when is it, 1pm est as usual?

if its 2 hours long, I can go directly from that to Sony. Sweet.

Guess I'll 'work from home' tomorrow.

VertPin

Can anyone confirm if streaming works using the Xbox One Edge browser? I'm going over to a friend's tomorrow and we are watching this, but only have our iPhone's and a PC running Vista (lol).
Quoting for new page...if anyone knows that would be appreciated!

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
Hopefully I can pre order through AT&T Next, since I'm eligible. I want to get rid of my 6S Plus in favor for a regular iPhone 7 32GB Matte black. This 16GB is terrible, I only have 1GB left, and I'm kind of over the big phone thing. I'll be using student loan to pay for it LOL.

-d0hv

chrizzz09

Some new photos of the 7 have leaked.

Source:

http://www.techsignin.com/tintuc/anh-mat-sau-cua-iphone-7-camera-den-flash/

AgUMGkS.jpg

FfOJgLG.jpg

MrHpO76.jpg

nSiPqxP.jpg

Wait so the Piano Black iPhone is not made from metal but from some type of plastic/polycarbonate?

Welp so it is the matte black/blue then...

Source: Apparently the piano black version is likely the new iPhone 7c

Calling fake on that weird plastic black. Might just be an early prototype or something, but the Apple logo is so camouflaged in there that it's definitely not a final release.

RivalCore

They most likely wouldn't need the antenna breakouts if the gloss black was made from polycarbonate. I wouldn't put a huge amount of stock in that rumor.

jstripes

Banned
yeah, Apple has let down in the visual design department to me for a while now; much of their stuff just looks bland =/

I'm disappointed in the leaks, too.

Supposedly Ive just phoned it in this year because he wants to do a major rethink of the iPhone next year for the 10th anniversary. Rumours of getting rid of the Home button and putting Touch ID under the screen and stuff.

Could have the antenna lines for continuity's sake. It may look weird if one color option doesn't have them and every other color does.

I'm disappointed in the leaks, too.

Supposedly Ive just phoned it in this year because he wants to do a major rethink of the iPhone next year for the 10th anniversary. Rumours of getting rid of the Home button and putting Touch ID under the screen and stuff.

Yeah the rumors for the 10th anniversary iPhone sound pretty cool. No more bezels, the entire front of the phone is the screen with the proximity sensor/Home Button/ear speaker behind the screen (Apple's had those patents for ages) and possibly even wrap-around/curved edge screen, wireless charging, better waterproofing, new screen tech, more camera upgrades, the Smart Dock connector, etc etc.

Really glad they started doing the yearly upgrade with monthly payments thing, as my contract is up and I desperately want to replace my 6 Plus this year (it has that dead screen bullshit going on) but I'm for suuuuuure gonna want to get the 10th Anniversary iPhone next year.

The worst thing with the iPhone 6 was the case design. The round edges and that it is slippery as fuck have med me break 3 screens for it so far.

Iphone -iphone 5 I didnt break one single screen.

I am not using a 3rd party bumper/case etc as I dont like hiding my beautiful phone inside some ugly case.

iPhone 7 is a no go for me due to them using the same "ugly" round edges type case as iPhone 6.
I wish they could go back to a glass back and hard cut squared edges instead of those round edges that iPhone 6-7 has.

Red

Despite my dislike of the new camera lens' appearance, I think it is positioned way better. The camera on the 6 always looked like it was too far away from the corner.

The worst thing with the iPhone 6 was the case design. The round edges and that it is slippery as fuck have med me break 3 screens for it so far.

Iphone -iphone 5 I didnt break one single screen.

I am not using a 3rd party bumper/case etc as I dont like hiding my beautiful phone inside some ugly case.

iPhone 7 is a no go for me due to them using the same "ugly" round edges type case as iPhone 6.
I wish they could go back to a glass back and hard cut squared edges instead of those round edges that iPhone 6-7 has.
rumour has it that they're going back to SOME type of glass or other material for the next one.

I actually love the feel of the 6/6s in the hand.

I agree with the hardware, S7 Edge is a very pretty phone, but Android/ TouchWiz software still looks really ugly and amateurish to me. The icons look like garbage compared to iOS.

I have that same feeling about many of the apps on Android. They're either really ugly/utilitarian looking compared to their iPhone counterparts, or often just have odd performance issues.

It gives me the feeling of the apps being a secondary priority to the developer, which lends a feeling of cheapness to the entire ecosystem.

Jeffrey

I agree with the hardware, S7 Edge is a very pretty phone, but Android/ TouchWiz software still looks really ugly and amateurish to me. The icons look like garbage compared to iOS.

I still wish apple gave you more options to customize your home screen. At least let you have spacing options.

It's still insane that you need to jailbreak on ios to get a decent looking homescreen.

I have that same feeling about many of the apps on Android. They're either really ugly/utilitarian looking compared to their iPhone counterparts, or often just have odd performance issues.

It gives me the feeling of the apps being a secondary priority to the developer, which lends a feeling of cheapness to the entire ecosystem.
Yeah, I'm getting tired of iPhones and iOS but every time I get excited about an Android phone I'm immediately turned off when I actually use it and see the interface and the Play Store. And yeah, completely agree on everything feeling very utilitarian. Even looking for something simple like a Twitter app there doesn't seem to be stuff like Tweetbot that combines functionality with a nice design.

The flip side is nearly everything is free, but I don't mind paying a buck or two for something I use every day.

I wish Windows phones hadn't failed, I loved the Lumia I had for awhile. That was a great UI.

I wish Windows phones hadn't failed, I loved the Lumia I had for awhile. That was a great UI.

I miss Windows Phone. I never enjoyed owning one given the dire state of the app store, but the UI/UX was fantastic.

I spent almost two years between a Moto X and Galaxy S6. I have no idea how people can handle Android. I can understand the argument behind it, but the interface and overall design is eyeball searingly awful.

Yeah, I'm getting tired of iPhones and iOS but every time I get excited about an Android phone I'm immediately turned off when I actually use it and see the interface and the Play Store. And yeah, completely agree on everything feeling very utilitarian. Even looking for something simple like a Twitter app there doesn't seem to be stuff like Tweetbot that combines functionality with a nice design.

The flip side is nearly everything is free, but I don't mind paying a buck or two for something I use every day.

As excited as everyone is for the 10-year anniversary hardware, I'm equally excited to see what they might do to the 10-year-old iOS. Probably not a total redesign, but hopefully some freshening.

Jeffrey

guess it depends on what you are looking at? Many apps are adapting the android 'material design' look. If that overall look isn't your thing, then best just use ios.

As someone on ios and android I do agree that I wish some of my favorite ios apps were on android, but there are decent alternatives that balance functionality and looks.

For reddit, ive been using Sync for Reddit.

For Twitter, been using Fenix.

guess it depends on what you are looking at? Many apps are adapting the android 'material design' look. If that overall look isn't your thing, then best just use ios.

As someone on ios and android I do agree that I wish some of my favorite ios apps were on android, but there are decent alternatives that balance functionality and looks.

For reddit, ive been using Sync for Reddit.

For Twitter, been using Fenix.

I also have both an iPhone and a Galaxy S7.

Overcast on iOS is my preference for podcasts. Pocketcasts which is on both is what I use on Android.

Fenix for Android, Tweetbot on iOS.

Sync for Android, narwhal on iOS.

I even use Apple Music and Google Play Music on both. Android is not that bad honestly.

Fantastical though is my favorite calendar/reminders app

Jeffrey

I also have both an iPhone and a Galaxy S7.

Overcast on iOS is my preference for podcasts. Pocketcasts which is on both is what I use on Android.

Fenix for Android, Tweetbot on iOS.

Sync for Android, narwhal on iOS.

I even use Apple Music and Google Play Music on both. Android is not that bad honestly.

Fantastical though is my favorite calendar/reminders app

yeah, the google calendar is nice because its integrated everywhere, but im not a fan of how it looks.

Don't make my life seem more exciting and colorful than it is!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I quite like material design look. Inbox on iOS is one of my top used apps and I love the look and feel of the UI. I'm very Android positive, I fantasize about Android laptops on a daily basis. Certainly come a long way from the 2/3.0 days when I experimented with an Android device for two years.

icespide

Banned
I work at Apple. there was a local news segment this evening about Apple removing the headphone jack and my wife yelled at me like I did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom