• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Israel Was Source of Secret Intelligence That Trump Gave to Russians, Officials Say

Chococat

Well okay, Israel reacting today already to this. Speculation for now!

k0CRFdX.png

https://twitter.com/LahavHarkov/status/864544173638258692

Would not blame them one bit.

On the one hand, I'm not too fond of U.S. officials telling allies not to trust the incoming administration. We still have to function. On the other hand, it seems to have been for the greater good because Trump did exactly what they thought he might do. But again, this really undermines our government and makes allies less likely to share intelligence with us. So, we will be in the dark about sensitive matters in the future.

We are so fucked. Like, drunken orgy fucked.

If you look at the big picture, Israel decided to share the laptop bomb plot in spite of these warnings - guess they figured saving lives took priority over potentially exposing the source. Since no laptop bombs went off, it seems to have been the right and decent call.

Having said that, I don't think anyone could reasonably expect this level of sudden and crazy blowback.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/sheerafren...with-russia-is?utm_term=.hdrGoVBVe#.kfn3MZ7ZY

Israeli Official: Trump Sharing Intelligence With Russia Is "Worst Fears Confirmed"

SAN FRANCISCO — Two Israeli intelligence officials confirmed to BuzzFeed News Tuesday that Israel had shared specific intelligence with the US regarding ISIS plots to smuggle explosive laptops onto planes, under the unique intelligence-sharing agreement the two countries maintain.

The revelation that Trump had shared that intelligence with Russian officials was Israel's "worst fears confirmed," said one of the intelligence officers.

"We have an arrangement with America which is unique to the world of intelligence sharing. We do not have this relationship with any other country," said the officer, who spoke to BuzzFeed News on condition of anonymity as he was not granted permission to speak to the press.

"There is a special understanding of security cooperation between our countries," they said. "To know that this intelligence is shared with others, without our prior knowledge? That is, for us, our worst fears confirmed."

"There has to be trust for this sort of arrangement. I cannot speak for Israel's entire security apparatus, but I would not trust a partner who shared intelligence without coordinating it with us first," said the officer.

A second intelligence officer, who spoke to BuzzFeed News via encrypted app and also spoke on condition of anonymity, confirmed that Israel had shared specific intelligence with the US regarding an active threat to US-bound planes. Speaking to BuzzFeed News via a military base in northern Israel, he said Israeli intelligence officers were "boiling mad and demanding answers" as to whether Israel's military would continue its current intelligence-sharing agreement with the US.

Jesus Fuck this is bad. Undercover agents could die because of this, and such sources are not easily replaced which puts everybody in increased danger.

I can't think of a more undignified way to die than to be killed as a secret agent on active duty because the current President of the United States is a dumbass motherfucker named Donald Trump :-///

Burt

The funny thing is that pissing off Israel would tilt some Republicans away from Trump far more than anything he could ever manage to fuck up domestically.

cdyhybrid

Dunno why Republicans turning on Israel is seen as so unlikely when they all rallied behind a dude that has a neo-Nazi whispering in his ear.

geomon

So this idiot might've just blown an intelligence relationship with one of the few allies we have in the Middle East?

Oh god, he hasn't been President for even a single year yet and it feels like 10.

Not

Banned
It is pretty fantastic watching this all play out and now having near-concrete evidence that modern Republicans do not have any convictions whatsoever. It's all a charade when held up to the light.

Bedlam

We need a bigger fan... what a collossal shitstorm this dense fucknugget of a president has created. Unfathomable.

Well, at least his alt-right nazi fanbase will surely appreciate Trump sticking it to the jews or something. Welp!

mlclmtckr

Banned
I could see Trump turning on Israel. He's not a crazy hardcore Christan like most of the other anti semites in the gop so he's got no kooky end-of-days affection for the country like Ted Cruz or whoever.

Dunno why Republicans turning on Israel is seen as so unlikely when they all rallied behind a dude that has a neo-Nazi whispering in his ear.

I think this might be grossly overestimating the GOP's love affair with Trump, if it could be called such a thing.

If Bibi came out tomorrow and said that he refuses to work with us until Trump was gone, he'd be out on his ass in a heartbeat.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
It is pretty fantastic watching this all play out and now having near-concrete evidence that modern Republicans do not have any convictions whatsoever. It's all a charade when held up to the light.

Party of pure evil, and hypocrisy, Fuck the GOP.

cdyhybrid

This isn't new info. It's just getting harder for some to stick their heads in the sand is all.

No doubt some government officials probably do want the visit to be canceled, but no way Bibi pulls the plug like that. He's just as much of a bitch as McCain.

If BiBi refuses to condemn Trump, then the Dems should use this opportunity to shave their Israel Stance into a hybrid of pro-Israel and anti-Netanyahu. Start invoking the name Yizthak Rabin and accusing Netanyahu of supporting an anti-israel Trump admin.

I think this might be grossly overestimating the GOP's love affair with Trump, if it could be called such a thing.

If Bibi came out tomorrow and said that he refuses to work with us until Trump was gone, he'd be out on his ass in a heartbeat.

Team Trump would just respond by going all in on the Zionist Conspiracy Bullshit. If Team Trump is willing to piss off the AARP what's to say they won't shit on the AIPAC?

And because of this we'll get Israeli counter-intelligence now. Israeli information officers will dish fake scoops to American information officers to see what fake stories get back to Iran, Hezbolla, and Assad. Trust is difficult to earn, easy to lose.

If this is what causes right-wingers to finally turn against Israel...LOL

The "America First" anti-(((globalist))) right-wingers (e.g., Trump's base) have always been against Israel. Being anti-Israel is where the populist left and populist right break bread together.

If BiBi refuses to condemn Trump, then the Dems should use this opportunity to shave their Israel Stance into a hybrid of pro-Israel and anti-Netanyahu. Start invoking the name Yizthak Rabin and accusing Netanyahu of supporting an anti-israel Trump admin.

Team Trump would just respond by going all in on the Zionist Conspiracy Bullshit. If Team Trump is willing to piss off the AARP what's to say they won't shit on the AIPAC?

It would be quite the gift to the dem's if they could pull it off.

Honestly, at this point if you told me Donald Trump will actually be revealed as a Democratic plant to show up the GOP......... I'd have to think twice about it.

Not

Banned
This isn't new info. It's just getting harder for some to stick their heads in the sand is all.

Which may just be the one benefit from all this.

We might finally have some intelligent "independent" people being smacked in the face repeatedly with just how many Americans exist who either refuse to or are unable to think critically. And realizing that the GOP is just the collective that sprung up to profit off of them.

MIMIC

Banned
Soooooo...Trump didn't know the source of the info?

How does that happen? Like...did I learn the source before he did? lol

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Soooooo...Trump didn't know the source of the info?

How does that happen? Like...did I learn the source before he did? lol

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/white-house-staff.html?_r=0

In private, three administration officials conceded that they could not publicly articulate their most compelling — and honest — defense of the president: that Mr. Trump, a hasty and indifferent reader of printed briefing materials, simply did not possess the interest or knowledge of the granular details of intelligence gathering to leak specific sources and methods of intelligence gathering that would do harm to United States allies.

what if since israel knew trump could leak info to russians, they gave him fake info to leak to the russians that will give them an advantage over iran

Ploid 3.0

This is going to be one killer movie some day, and Trump will look like the biggest idiot. What a legacy, should have kept a low profile as a tv celebrity that said stupid things all the time, but nooo.

Top Bottom