• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Israel Was Source of Secret Intelligence That Trump Gave to Russians, Officials Say

Jag

what if since israel knew trump could leak info to russians, they gave him fake info to leak to the russians that will give them an advantage over iran

Not sure that "ISIS is planning on using laptop bombs against the US" gives them any advantage against Iran.

JordanN

Banned
giphy.gif

Ted Cruz: I'm bleeding!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/white-house-staff.html?_r=0

In private, three administration officials conceded that they could not publicly articulate their most compelling — and honest — defense of the president: that Mr. Trump, a hasty and indifferent reader of printed briefing materials, simply did not possess the interest or knowledge of the granular details of intelligence gathering to leak specific sources and methods of intelligence gathering that would do harm to United States allies.

That thing where you try to help explain what happened to make it seem better.

This isn't it.

Not

Banned
This is going to be one killer movie some day, and Trump will look like the biggest idiot. What a legacy, should have kept a low profile as a tv celebrity that said stupid things all the time, but nooo.

If we weren't a country sustained by propagating the ideals of idiots, babies, and racists, he would have.

Soooooo...Trump didn't know the source of the info?

How does that happen? Like...did I learn the source before he did? lol

Looking at the NY Times article, it goes something like this:

*Trump receives intelligence report*
"Can you dumb it down for me?"

*Entire bottom third is x'd out in red pen*
"Can you give me the brass tacks?"

*Three sentences remain on the sheet unmarked*
"I don't really have time to read all this"

*Napkin passed to president with words 'Report. laptop bombs. on planes. from city in ME. travel ban. now.' *
"Well what are we waiting for? Get me my pen, I've got a new order to write. Wait until I tell Sergey..."
"What was that sir?"
"Never you mind McMaster, go get me a soda."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/white-house-staff.html?_r=0

In private, three administration officials conceded that they could not publicly articulate their most compelling — and honest — defense of the president: that Mr. Trump, a hasty and indifferent reader of printed briefing materials, simply did not possess the interest or knowledge of the granular details of intelligence gathering to leak specific sources and methods of intelligence gathering that would do harm to United States allies.

"It's really not as bad as it looks. He's just incredibly stupid. Wait, I mean he doesn't care about any news that isn't directly about him. I mean, it's not his fault. You see, he always believes the last thing he reads and some jerk keeps slipping fake news onto his desk.

Yeah, that's the one I'm sticking with. "

This is interesting. if ANYTHING is going to get establishment Republicans to flip against Trump, it's going to be Israel. They're all going to want Sheldon Adelson's money and support. They have traditionally shown blind and unchallenged support for Israel no matter their troubling policies or actions.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Looking at the NY Times article, it goes something like this:

*Trump receives intelligence report*
"Can you dumb it down for me?"

*Entire bottom third is x'd out in red pen*
"Can you give me the brass tacks?"

*Three sentences remain on the sheet unmarked*
"I don't really have time to read all this"

*Napkin passed to president with words 'Report. laptop bombs. on planes. from city in ME. travel ban. now.' *
"Well what are we waiting for? Get me my pen, I've got a new order to write. Wait until I tell Sergey..."
"What was that sir?"
"Never you mind McMaster, go get me a soda."

If it weren't so god damned sad it'd be hilarious.

This is interesting. if ANYTHING is going to get establishment Republicans to flip against Trump, it's going to be Israel. They're all going to want Sheldon Adelson's money and support. They have traditionally shown blind and unchallenged support for Israel no matter their troubling policies or actions.
And who just strolled up to Mitch's office on Capitol Hill.....?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/sheerafren...with-russia-is?utm_term=.hdrGoVBVe#.kfn3MZ7ZY

Israeli Official: Trump Sharing Intelligence With Russia Is "Worst Fears Confirmed"

SAN FRANCISCO — Two Israeli intelligence officials confirmed to BuzzFeed News Tuesday that Israel had shared specific intelligence with the US regarding ISIS plots to smuggle explosive laptops onto planes, under the unique intelligence-sharing agreement the two countries maintain.

The revelation that Trump had shared that intelligence with Russian officials was Israel's "worst fears confirmed," said one of the intelligence officers.

"We have an arrangement with America which is unique to the world of intelligence sharing. We do not have this relationship with any other country," said the officer, who spoke to BuzzFeed News on condition of anonymity as he was not granted permission to speak to the press.

"There is a special understanding of security cooperation between our countries," they said. "To know that this intelligence is shared with others, without our prior knowledge? That is, for us, our worst fears confirmed."

"There has to be trust for this sort of arrangement. I cannot speak for Israel's entire security apparatus, but I would not trust a partner who shared intelligence without coordinating it with us first," said the officer.

A second intelligence officer, who spoke to BuzzFeed News via encrypted app and also spoke on condition of anonymity, confirmed that Israel had shared specific intelligence with the US regarding an active threat to US-bound planes. Speaking to BuzzFeed News via a military base in northern Israel, he said Israeli intelligence officers were "boiling mad and demanding answers" as to whether Israel's military would continue its current intelligence-sharing agreement with the US.

IT'S ONLY TUESDAY, NEOGAF FAMILY.

Tovarisc

NWXjEx3.png

http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/54479

Same day as when Trump had meeting with Lavrov.

Edit:

Mr Netanyahu warmly congratulated Mr Putin and the entire Russian people on the 72nd anniversary of Victory in World War II.

Both leaders noted that Russia and Israel would continue their resolute opposition to attempts to revise the results of World War II, diminish the Soviet Union's contribution to victory over Nazi Germany, and deny the Holocaust.

Mr Putin and Mr Netanyahu discussed current bilateral cooperation matters, the situation with the Middle East peace settlement and the Syrian crisis.

Brinbe

The GOP/Fox News spin is gonna be fun to see now. I'm guessing they throw Israel under the bus now.

From https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/white-house-staff.html?_r=0

There is a growing sense that Mr. Trump seems unwilling or unable to do the things necessary to keep himself out of trouble, and that the presidency has done little to tame a shoot-from-the-hip-into-his-own-foot style that characterized his campaign.

There is a fear among some of Mr. Trump's senior advisers about leaving him alone in meetings with foreign leaders out of concern he might speak out of turn. General McMaster, in particular, has tried to insert caveats or gentle corrections into conversations when he believes the president is straying off topic or onto boggy diplomatic ground.

This has, at times, chafed the president, according to two officials with knowledge of the situation. Mr. Trump, who still openly laments having to dismiss his first national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, has groused that General McMaster talks too much in meetings, and the president has referred to him as ”a pain," according to one of the officials.

Fucking hilarious

Right wing heads are exploding, unsure of how to proceed. On the one hand, god emperor. On the other hand, Israel.

I'm sure Netanyahu will say it's not a problem and the rank and file will sleep well tonight.

Looks like Trump fans are handwaiving this by saying "The MSM are the ones selling Israel out."

I'm not sure why that's the angle they're taking but that's what the family members who I've unfollowed on Facebook are saying. I gave up trying to understand.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Spoiler alert: You can be a moron AND have dementia.
While he certainly was a moron all his life, he didn't talk the way he does now 30 years ago.

Example of Trump speaking coherently in 1980: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0-w47wgdhso

What we're seeing doesn't have the earmarks of dementia but instead appears to be the culmination of 70 years of never being held accountable for his asshattery. While, yes, he may be in the very early stages, I'm still leaning toward his words and actions being 99% moron and 1% possible dementia.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I do wonder if Israel's right-wingers and just as unprincipled, and accommodating as ours.

VariantX

Looks like Trump fans are handwaiving this by saying "The MSM are the ones selling Israel out."

LMAO. Holy shit. The "MSM" weren't even allowed to be present during that meeting, Russian media were fine though. People are reaching down their throats just so they can pull their own taints out from their mouths to try and either deflect or rationalize what's going on.

I looked over at T_D to see their comments and funny enough there's absolutely nothing mentioning any of this. Just thread after thread of some conspiracy about Hillary murdering someone. The Russian astroturfers gotta try something, I guess?

Buckle

I looked over at T_D to see their comments and funny enough there's absolutely nothing mentioning any of this. Just thread after thread of some conspiracy about Hillary murdering someone. The Russian astroturfers gotta try something, I guess?
Which is interesting considering Trump is the one that may have just got somebody killed.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
You can't throw Israel under the bus when the majority of your support are supposed to be diehard religious.

Yes you can, if the alternative is making the president of your own party look bad.

There is literally no constituency in existence that Republicans will not turn on when it's convenient.

- military veterans
- war widows
- children with terminally ill cancer

And so forth.

Carnby

The nonsense that is Trump's presidency has gone on long enough. This has to prove that he's not fit for the position!

They're in their own little safe space bubble.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Yes you can, if the alternative is making the president of your own party look bad.

There is literally no constituency in existence that Republicans will not turn on when it's convenient.

- military veterans
- war widows
- children with terminally ill cancer

And so forth.

They'll always have the back of rich white people

The nonsense that is Trump's presidency has gone on long enough. This has to prove that he's not fit for the position!

The 2017 impeachment market (requires House only, no Senate, no removal from office) is trading at 19 cents on PredictIt.

I'd like to see them start a 'resigns/removed' market. I'm starting to think removal by invoking the 25th Amendment is more likely than impeachment in 2017.

25th amendment >>> resigns >>>>>> impeached >>>>>>>>>> impeached and removed

Top Bottom