• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's official: Raw cookie dough is a no-no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear FDA,
You can't stop my girlfriend and I from eating straight out of these tubs.
10942_LRGimg.jpg
I'm happy taking the risk.

I can't believe there's people out there who don't eat cookie dough. What is wrong with you?

wait, wtf now flour is dangerous? I eggspected this to be about eggs.

If you get your eggs from the store, they're fine raw. They go great in Japanese recipes.

Quonny

wowzers a whole 38 people got sick out of the probably tens of millions of times someone ate raw cookie dough

terrifying

Purkake4

Banned
Protip for America: if you vaccinated your chickens like the rest of the 1st world instead of being cheapskates chicken-borne salmonella wouldn't be a problem.

DOZENS of people!? DOZENS!?

Well, this is an epidemic that must be stopped *chomp chomp chomp*

To be fair, that's only the reported numbers. I doubt most people who get sick actually seek medical attention.

I speak from experience after getting HORRIBLY sick after eating raw brownie batter. I had terrible muscle aches, could barely move, and yet had to make it to the toilet constantly. But I never felt like I needed to see a doctor...even if I wanted to die

Yeah, no more raw batter for me.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
What other food product will let me just squeeze it into my mouth while depressed? I guess Cookie Butter from Trader Joes.

Camjo-Z

I always make as many full-sized cookies as possible with the dough, and eat whatever dough is leftover. This ain't gonna stop me.

Virdix

You will see the truth one day.

Raw cookie dough is just some precookie nastiness and eating it just denies you the awesomeness that is a freshly baked cookie.
Nah, cookies are at their prime after you let them sit for a night.

(I'm kidding, different strokes and all thay)

olympia

lmao experts are literally warning people not to eat cookie dough and you guys are all "nah fuck that, fuck you I'm gonna do it anyway!!"

and we wonder how trump won the gop primary and how the brexit could have possibly happened despite the emphatic advice from people who know better

cookie dough is good though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom