• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's official: Raw cookie dough is a no-no

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
lmao experts are literally warning people not to eat cookie dough and you guys are all "nah fuck that, fuck you I'm gonna do it anyway!!"

and we wonder how trump won the gop primary and how the brexit could have possibly happened despite the emphatic advice from people who know better

cookie dough is good though
Ok but this is like them saying "cookie dough is safer than driving, drinking, swimming, bicycling, and eating sushi"

They literally said a few dozen people out of the tens of millions consuming cookie dough got non life threatening sickness and didn't die

jax

Banned
you in this thread about the threat of eating raw flour:
Except if you actually read the article you'd know I'm 100% right about v cookie dough not having these ecoli flour issues. :)

olympia

Ok but this is like them saying "cookie dough is safer than driving, drinking, swimming, bicycling, and eating sushi"

They literally said a few dozen people out of the tens of millions consuming cookie dough got non life threatening sickness and didn't die

just joking.

The Lamp

Disgusting savages who eat cookie dough are just primitive and unresponsive to logic and truth. I always told them not to, but some savagery can't be helped. I side with truth and the FDA.

KHlover

Banned
Three brands from one manufacturer? I'll take that risk.

Why not just make cookies?

Americans are actually eating straight up raw ingredients now

What do you mean "Americans" ? Licking the spatula and emptying the bowl after the dough is in the oven has been the sacred privilege of children since baking was invented. (Hopefully) everywhere.

Almighty

I did read the OP. It said flour can be easily contaminated by animal products. All the cookie dough I make/buy is 100% cruelty free. So no ecoli flour for me!

Except that the article said the grain gets contaminated by filthy animals doing their business on it. So even vegan flour seems to be at risk of that. Unless they somehow grow vegan wheat in someplace were nature's diseased hordes can't touch it.

Big-E

This is such a shitty article upon further review. This is related to specific General Mills recall. Nothing to do with anything.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Vegan cookie dough is usually gluten free, which means no ecoli flour.

-opens fridge and grabs cookie dough made with almond flour and eats it while laughing at responses in this thread-

Then you realize the amount of bugs and insects that probably got crushed and ground up in your flour ;D

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
If the gun control debate is anything to go by. Nothing the government says will stop people from doing stupid shit. nothing.

Kyzer

Banned
Vegan cookie dough is usually gluten free, which means no ecoli flour.

-opens fridge and grabs cookie dough made with almond flour and eats it while laughing at responses in this thread-

My girlfriend made cookie dough out of chickpeas ormsomething it was crazy delicious

mdubs

Banned
We're all for science around here until we're told that cookie dough shouldn't be eaten and that female ejaculate is actually pee

jax

Banned
Then you realize the amount of bugs and insects that probably got crushed and ground up in your flour ;D
As long as the label says Vegan, Hakuna Matatta!

It's delicious but it's like $13 :( kind of expensive. I'll stick with So Delcious cookie dough ice cream for my cookie dough fix.
until Ben n Jerry's makes more delectable dairy free flavors

Let the namby-pamby helicopter parents worry about this while providing me another thing to hate on and ignore. Cookie dough is delicious and worth a little bit of abdominal cramping.

DOWN

Banned
We're all for science around here until we're told that cookie dough shouldn't be eaten and that female ejaculate is actually pee
The science of this article is actually a statistical argument that cookie dough is very safe

What if I just put my cookie dough in the microwave for a few seconds? just long enough to make it hot without actually cooking or firming up

Big-E

The science of this article is actually a statistical argument that cookie dough is very safe

That is what is so baffling. FDA puts out a recall on one company's flour and USA Today translates that into raw cookie dough being banned from the fda.

Give me cookie dough or give me death! ...Or both!

I'm good as long as I get some chocolate chip cookie dough. I've been eating it since forever and I'm not stopping now. Refrain from the avatar quotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom