• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's official: Raw cookie dough is a no-no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aselith

Except if you actually read the article you'd know I'm 100% right about v cookie dough not having these ecoli flour issues. :)

But you don't win because after it comes out of the oven you have to eat gross vegan cookies and we still get real cookies.

Hazmat

Wouldn't a better, and by "better" I mean "accurate in any way, shape, or form" thread title be "Don't eat cookie dough made with recalled contaminated flour"?

tcrunch

If you want to eat cookie dough that bad there are companies that cater specifically to you:

GF-choc-chip-Copy-1800x1200.jpg

How dare you introduce capitalism into the holy practice of making some cookies then eating everything you couldn't scrape out of the bowl, and having that taste better than your finished cookies.

KHlover

Banned
Wouldn't a better, and by "better" I mean "accurate in any way, shape, or form" thread title be "Don't eat cookie dough made with recalled contaminated flour"?

A better thread title would be "General Mills recalls flour over E.Coli issues" or sth, but be honest - you wouldn't have clicked on that. Instead we debate over cookie dough and get fed lies about vegan cookies tasting the same as real ones.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's cute when the FDA thinks I give a fuck what it proclaims

Always thought raw cookie dough was gross, and it annoys me that seemingly half of Ben and Jerry's flavors contain some.

Feeling kinda vindicated right now.

Commo

Banned
Just saw this on my Facebook newsfeed (if it's considered that). What does this mean for all of the Pillsbury products?

jax

Banned
That changes nothing. Insufferable.
If you make a cookie without ingredients that contain E.Coli you won't get E.Coli. Just because one brand of flour had a recall because they let a goose shit in their soil doesn't mean flour always has E.Coli. It was clearly an isolated incident, the point I'm trying to make is the discussion of swapping ingredients should be had, be it for dietary reasons or whatever. "I ONLY EAT COOKIES THAT HAVE EGG" is like saying "I ONLY DRINK BEVERAGES THAT HAVE CAFFEINE"

If you want to continue eating cookie dough, read the ingredients list of something before you decide to eat it. Store bought Vegan cookie dough almost never uses white flour or eggs.

DOWN

Banned
If you make a cookie without ingredients that contain E.Coli you won't get E.Coli. Just because one brand of flour had a recall because they let a goose shit in their soil doesn't mean flour always has E.Coli. It was clearly an isolated incident, the point I'm trying to make is the discussion of swapping ingredients should be had, be it for dietary reasons or whatever. "I ONLY EAT COOKIES THAT HAVE EGG" is like saying "I ONLY DRINK BEVERAGES THAT HAVE CAFFEINE"

If you want to continue eating cookie dough, read the ingredients list of something before you decide to eat it. Store bought Vegan cookie dough almost never uses White Flour or Eggs.
Caffeine is a flavorless liquid

Vegan is an unintentionally flavorless liquid

jk

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Well any kind of food were the inside is also the outside and everything touches everything has that risk. eg; dough, ground beef, purée

PSqueak

Banned
As long as the label says Vegan, Hakuna Matatta!

It's delicious but it's like $13 :( kind of expensive. I'll stick with So Delcious cookie dough ice cream for my cookie dough fix.
until Ben n Jerry's makes more delectable dairy free flavors

Wait what? You call yourself vegan, but you have no problem with eating bugs?

?????

I ate half a box of snickerdoodle cookie dough sunday night. I would eat the rest but my wife wants to make cookies. I don't like snickerdoodle cookies but love snickerdoodle cookie dough. Ay caramba.

Blanquito

So um... I may be affected by this. Ate cookie dough earlier this week, now SO and I are sick with the runs and stomach aches.

jax

Banned
Wait what? You call yourself vegan, but you have no problem with eating bugs?

?????
You really think every vegan drives to the factory and personally inspects the machinery to make sure a bug doesn't fall in the vat at some point?

I personally am not trying to eat a bug, but I'm not going to stay awake at night worried about how many bugs I've accidentally eaten.

PSqueak

Banned
So um... I may be affected by this. Ate cookie dough earlier this week, now SO and I are sick with the runs and stomach aches.

I was gonna say something of value but i got distracted by your avatar, it weirdly makes me uncomfortable.

You really think every vegan drives to the factory and personally inspects the machinery to make sure a bug doesn't fall in the vat at some point?

I personally am not trying to eat a bug, but I'm not going to stay awake at night worried about how many bugs I've accidentally eaten.

I was assuming the bug post referred to the bugs used in common food colorants.

M3z_

The day someone stops me from eating the remain uncooked dough for a batch of brownies is the day that person dies. The FDA will not deny me one of life's great indulgences.

jax

Banned
I wasn't trying to be preachy fam. All I was trying to say is you can eat all the brownie batter, cake batter and cookie dough you want. Just gotta make sure to replace those Ecoli ingredients. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom