• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

So, I am listening to the latest Kinoko Teikoku jam, not thinking about much of it until track 5 hits and I am like...

nLNF4iT.jpg

I guess I wrote off their newest input initially because of the weak single (not the EP) they used to promote it.

Kurita

So, I am listening to the latest Kinoko Teikoku jam, not thinking about much of it until track 5 hits and I am like...

http://i.imgur.com/nLNF4iT.jpg[/IMG

I guess I wrote off their newest input initially because of the weak single (not the EP) they used to promote it.[/QUOTE]
Gets better each time I listen to it. The album version of 桜が咲く前に with that new intro hnnnnngh, I love this song so much. The melody is beautiful and I could really relate to the lyrics because of what I was going through at that time so, it holds a special place in my heart.

Their best album imo. The only thing it lacks is a hip-hopish song like the previous album.
They've been performing a new song recently during lives and festivals so I hope a new single is coming soon.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't 桜が咲く前に a prequel song to Tokyo from their last album? and yeah, the piano intro adds a more punch to it.

Jintor

maaaaaaaaaan i wish i could find some of their earlier stuff in my local book offs :< :< :< :<

maybe i'll actually have to go to a tower records or something...

Kurita

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't &#26716;&#12364;&#21682;&#12367;&#21069;&#12395; a prequel song to Tokyo from their last album? and yeah, the piano intro adds a more punch to it.

Yeah, it's 10 years before.
maaaaaaaaaan i wish i could find some of their earlier stuff in my local book offs :< :< :< :<

maybe i'll actually have to go to a tower records or something...

Going to Tower Records (especially the one at Shibuya) changes a person's life, beware.
Man, staying a year will just destroy my bank account. There's nothing like grabbing a new single/album on its release day. I love the feel of those stores, with notes written by the staff on the displays, you can see they care about the music. And if you're lucky enough you can see the artists going to the stores when they've got new stuff out. It's like a tradition.

New MOROHA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1LHEgj4V4I
Watch as they try to hand out 50000 flyers.

Jintor

lmao if i had been thinking ahead i could've gone to see charisma dot com on the 13th then kinoko teikoku at the osaka rock festival on the 14th. goddamnit. tickets were 1man tho

Kurita

lmao if i had been thinking ahead i could've gone to see charisma dot com on the 13th then kinoko teikoku at the osaka rock festival on the 14th. goddamnit. tickets were 1man tho

Yeah but for 10000yen you can basically see every popular band live, best way to discover the scene.
Don't go just for one band yo, Metrock always has a small but sick line-up. There's not a single artist I don't like in the Osaka one on May 14th!

Jintor

Don't go just for one band yo, Metrock always has a small but sick line-up. There's not a single artist I don't like in the Osaka one on May 14th!

that's true but two problems

it's already may 16th
the 21st one is in tokyo

/edit motherfuck i could've seen shishamo again!!!!! fuck and i spent most of the 14th dicking around in osaka anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fuck my life

Jintor

i found their first one in a book-off.

i should probably check out their youtube discography and then selectively target albums

Kurita

I was too curious as to what a NSFW Lovely Summer-chan video could be, and lol.

VMO are live now, so good. though their original name was funnier. (vampillia blackest ever black metal). I hope they actually release some music soon.

e: jesus christ this set is so good, was not expecting it to be this awesome. never underestimate Vampillia projects

huh, back when Michio was still with them. that cover's too good to be on a live album

fake edit: Habanai sure likes their microkorgs. I still don't know what Sawa actually plays. as far as I can tell she just holds down one key the entire time.

the e-drums are cracking me up

e: Pink Tokarev shirt
e2: did they cut Sawa's mic? lol

Looks like that Blood on the Moshpit documentary is finally coming out, they uploaded a 40+ minute "prologue," whatever that means, in advance of the theatrical release.

for backstory, Have a Nice Day! wanted to throw a cd release party for "Dystopia Romance" last year, so they started a crowdfunding campaign that was super successful. so they threw a show/party for like 1000 people with their regular cohorts (Oyasumi Hologram, Nature Danger Gang, more) and it was filmed by folks from Hamajim (AV production company who have hilariously branched out to documenting underground music as well, they did the BiS Cannonball doc).

video is probably partially NSFW for Nature Danger Gang reasons, but I haven't watched it all yet to confirm

Goto Mariko is quitting music and the music industry yet again. It does seem pretty final this time though. Her twitter timeline is killing me rn.
https://twitter.com/510mariko (most likely going to disappear soon)

is she telling people to not come to her live show? hah. she sounds in a better state of mind this time around, though admittedly it's still hard to understand her tweets. hopefully she'll find something that brings her some kind of satisfaction.

Larsa

I think she's saying that she doesn't want people to come just because it's her final live show. She just wants it to be normal, whatever that means.

The MIRI solo album rules. She should just say fuck it to Rhymeberry and go solo full-time (the most recent album with them just as a duo was my favorite release from them though).

yeah I like it a lot. I almost don't know what the point of Rhymeberry is anymore. I liked Hime alright but she went to Lyrical School. I'd be fine with just a solo Miri career.

Alternatively she should form a trio with GOMESS and Mao from SenoSister.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gptoy9Mk_ck

lol Mao did better than I expected. god Miri's so badass though

Larsa

&#12304;&#22799;&#12398;&#39764;&#29289;&#12305;&#12300;&#39764;&#29289;&#12289;BOM-BA-YE &#12316;&#39746;&#12494;&#35226;&#37266;&#32232;&#12316;&#12301;

it's a Hyadain-ass Hyadain song, for better or worse
probably better, considering the quality of most of their songs

also Mari looks cute

That really is the most Hyadain. Parts of it sound like it's straight out of Kakakata Kataomoi-C (still a really cute music video). I miss his rad FF and DQ remixes.

Top Bottom