• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jez Corden: Xbox has no plans to quit the console market

B2tERTQ.jpg

Mister Wolf

If they release Starfield or any of those other big titles on PlayStation then it's over. Why would someone feel the need to buy their box? For the rental service? And miss out on having your games and Sony's games? Not happening. There are a lot of smart-dumb dudes in this industry making crucial decisions.

Nydius

If they gradually release all of their major exclusives to PlayStation, the end result will be either the end of consoles or future Xbox “consoles” will end up being a stream of underpowered boxes like the Series S that are there for digital libraries, BC, Game Pass and xCloud streaming.

Ecotic

My guess is that Nadella and the board of directors have told its gaming division that the status quo isn't delivering what Microsoft expects, and so the gaming division is holding intense strategy sessions where every conceivable idea is being thrown at the wall and considered. Leaks are happening and ideas under consideration are being reported as about to happen.

reinking

Gold Member
Of course they a re not leaving the console market. They are expanding in it by making their games available on all consoles. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Obviously. If people think they're quitting the console market, you are just overreacting to all the rumors about Msoft opening up their software to competitor platforms.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
putting their games on a competitor is the same thing really. zero point owning an xbox now.
I don’t know if I’d say that. There’s zero reason to buy a new one or buy games for it. Owning one already and still playing game pass on it is a good option.

Forsythia

That's nice, but given the choice, €500 can get me an Xbox, but €500 can also get me a PS5/6, with the same Xbox games and all first--and thirdparty exclusives.

Wow, what a choice.

Quasicat

He is correct about one thing…A “Brave New Gaming World is Coming”.

I bought a Steam Deck and not only play PlayStation and Xbox exclusive titles on it, but I can play so many of my older games as well. On Top of all of this, with my family situation being what it is, I can pull it off of the dock and go into another room without a TV and still play whatever I want to play. Gaming today has gotten so convenient.

He is correct about one thing…A “Brave New Gaming World is Coming”.

I bought a Steam Deck and not only play PlayStation and Xbox exclusive titles on it, but I can play so many of my older games as well. On Top of all of this, with my family situation being what it is, I can pull it off of the dock and go into another room without a TV and still play whatever I want to play. Gaming today has gotten so convenient.

I’m getting a Steam deck next week 🥰 (unrelated to all of this news, been thinking about it for awhile)

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
It's literally less than 2 months since he wrote it, how can anyone trust what he writes anyway?
What's worse is that he later started pretending as if he always knew this. The following is from his article on Windows Central, published on Jan 17, 2024.

Qo8XK5A.jpg

So he knew in mid-November that this is happening. But tweeted on December 16 that it is not happening?

Jez is a bullshiter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom