• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Ryan: "[Microsoft is] a tech giant with a long history of dominating industries, the choices gamers have today will disappear"

Status
Not open for further replies.

K' Dash

K'Dash is the edgelord version of Iori.
Michael Richards Yes GIF

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Sure Dreamcast and Saturn had fair competition, also Nintendo was only saved because Iwata thought out of the box and changed the entire company direction

Sega was close to bankruptcy when they made the Saga Saturn console. The 32X, Game Gear, and Sega CD were made in response to Nintendo, and all products eventually failed because of it. Sega Saturn's troubles were well documented. It was hard to develop for and rushed product that was expensive.

Sega was close to making a console with Sony, but Sega of Japan refused. Sega of Japan is the reason why they failed to adapt the latest tech, which is one of the reasons why it led to their console's downfall.

Nintendo's struggles from the late 90s and early 2000s were a result of their own choices. Just like Sega, they failed to adapt during the N64 and Gamecube area.

Blaming Sony for their choices doesn't make sense.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Blaming Sony for their choices doesn't make sense.
Correct, Sega would have likely survived had they not made such awful decisions. I agree that Sony hurt them, but that hurt would not have opened if Sega of America had to not been so terrible.

Interestingly, I see similar things happening at MS, but they can absorb the blows.

Hudo

MS is a lot worse, not only on consoles but with computers.
They're both shit. Doesn't matter who's "worse". Just because the other shit pile doesn't stink as badly as this one, doesn't mean that this one's better. It's hilarious that both companies call each other out when both are about as consumer-friendly as any other big-ass megacorp (which is not at all). Nintendo aren't exempt from shitty behaviour as well.

"Choices" :messenger_grinning_squinting:

All those choices that I have if I want to play FF7 Remake :messenger_grinning_squinting::messenger_tears_of_joy: I am literally drowning in options on where to play it:messenger_grinning_squinting:
Sorry you don't have a PlayStation or PC brah.

But the comment makes me laugh so much. Every time I see it. "I mean, yeah, Microsoft have bought loads of like developers and stuff but like WHERE CAN I PLAY MY FINAL FANTASY 7!?!?!?"

Like the one game.

Probably where I can play Starfield and Redfall. Or any Activision title that Sony traded for Call of Duty. Or any future Bethesda title.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
He might be bitching but he's right.

Taking games that have been multiplat for years and years and locking it on your console is less choice.
It's embarrassing when Phil and co say they're doing it to give gamers more choice, even worse when the fan boys parrot this crap and think buying a few exclusive deals is anyway on the level of buying ALL 3rd party publisher's.

Bethesda and Activision released everything they had on xbox.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Correct, Sega would have likely survived had they not made such awful decisions. I agree that Sony hurt them, but that hurt would not have opened if Sega of America had to not been so terrible.

Interestingly, I see similar things happening at MS, but they can absorb the blows.
Ken Kutargi literally went to Sega and told them they should sell to them or they would bleed them out and then shortly after they bled out.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
By “choice” he means chosing him, Sony destroyed Sega, almost drove Nintendo out of the business and they are driving Microsoft out of business too, the only difference here Microsoft is biting back and the guy does not like it
Sega was run as if a NeoGaf member was running it.
They was in such dire straits Isao Okawa donated all his money on his death bed to save the company.
This was before the PS2 had even release.
Yes Sony was the final nail in the coffin but Sega digged the hole.
Sega wore it's heart on its sleeve but it ultimately cost them dearly.

pasterpl

so many times i have heard on this forum that Xbox has no games, yet, I lack time to play all that release, that Xbox series be the last Xbox console, and MS should quite gaming, that ABK deal will be blocked, that gamepass will fail, that Xbox is not profitable, that starfied is total fail and it cannot succeed without PlayStation etc. It. turns out it was all coming from fear and not true. Now head of playstation is also showing concern/fear after ABK approval.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
so many times i have heard on this forum that Xbox has no games, yet, I lack time to play all that release, that Xbox series be the last Xbox console, and MS should quite gaming, that ABK deal will be blocked, that gamepass will fail, that Xbox is not profitable, that starfied is total fail and it cannot succeed without PlayStation etc. It. turns out it was all coming from fear and not true. Now head of playstation is also showing concern/fear after ABK approval.
You are so fucking cringe, bro.

Matsuchezz

Might as well let MS dominate for 30 years. lets see what we will get.

They are being successful at delivering turd after turd since forever, and with their latest releases from their Star developer Bethesda with Redfall and Starfield, the Gamepass seal of quality has become present in both releases.
To dominate first they have to streamline their production of AAA quality games. Because they suck at it. The only good thing they have done is offer a service dirt cheap with their endless promotions. But the quality of their games suck for the most part. Their winning plan sucks with their superior devices and superior games in the making. Let's wait for the next generation.

Last edited:

pasterpl

You are so fucking cringe, bro.
Should I respond with a meme now as you do? I am stating facts my friend. Most people love to shit on MS and see them as the evil incarnate. Would be interesting to find out which console do you play on most as most of your post history is in Xbox threads (cringe as f*ck if you mostly play on PS but shitpost mostly in MS threads, I think that’s call trolling as well). I am myself Xbox/PC(more and more everyday passing) and Switch owner/gamer.

as for JM latest quote, as I said earlier sometimes it is better to say nothing, Sony just increased their sub prices (by some high % in some markets) without showing anything that would increase their subscription value to end user. That’s arrogant Sony that we all love. Need I remind you that Sony was the one that introduce £70 games this gen? Also this year look quite poor in terms of their famous 1st party studios releases. And that lack of communication is just ridiculou, people want to know about, pro, slim consoles, people want to know more what is Sony cooking in terms of games. All we know for sure is that they will be producing more GASS games.

Last edited:
Sorry you don't have an Xbox or PC brah.

Ah well, I'm not crying about it. 🤪

But I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a big ass list of games PlayStation won't have on their platform in the next few years and yet when XBOX fans bring up all Sony's exclusives, they always go for final fantasy. Nothing else. It's not like final fantasy going to XBOX is going to net Square 25-30 million in sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom