• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Johnny Depp Vs Amber Heard Defamation trial live

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
To somebody like Amber people are just things to be used and thrown away. I can't say I feel too much sympathy though. A lot of these Amber supporters throw their lot behind her because of their grudge against men and will end up getting tossed aside when she no longer needs them.
I suspect many of her supporters also have NPD.

This is pretty wild.
Kat Tenbarge works for the NBC.
And they wonder why MSM is dying.

FX4TMrqWQAIaB5p

mekes

[/URL]

Amber has officially appealed. I guess she got the money somehow even though she "absolutely couldn't afford" the judgement?
She won't need money to provide a notice of appeal. She will need to post the bond before the appeal can officially get underway. Posting the notice puts a stop on Johnny trying to enforce the courts judgement. She is likely exploring her options (insurance options etc) but I doubt she will be able to actually appeal in the end.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

AMBER HEARD DECLARES BANKRUPTCY: UNABLE TO PAY JOHNNY DEPP​

Court-TV-Amber-Heard-897x598.jpg

Actor Amber Heard arrives in the courtroom at the Fairfax County Circuit Court in Fairfax, Va., Thursday, April 28, 2022. Actor Johnny Depp sued his ex-wife actor Amber Heard for libel in Fairfax County Circuit Court after she wrote an op-ed piece in The Washington Post in 2018 referring to herself as a “public figure representing domestic abuse.”
(Michael Reynolds/Pool Photo via AP)

Amber Heard’s financial status is not good at all following the trial against her ex-husband Jonny Deep, but the actress startled everyone by filing for bankruptcy after finding herself unable to pay the Pirates of the Caribbean actor’s court punishment.

Social media was flooded with recordings, comments, and even live feeds of the testimony given by both actors throughout the course of the proceedings’ several weeks.

Once the trial was over, the jury decided that Heard was responsible for Johnny Depp’s $10 million in damages. Depp would also be required to pay $2 million in damages.

The Aquaman actress’ legal team informed the judge that she would not have enough money to repay the obligation as soon as the judge’s decision was made.

Heard has since been involved in a court battle to find alternatives to paying the $10 million. She has reportedly appealed the jury’s verdict in order to have the amount reduced.

According to a statement from the artist’s representative, it said, “We believe the court made errors that prevented a fair and First Amendment-compliant verdict. Therefore, we are appealing the verdict.”

Amber Heard declared bankruptcy on July 20 and appealed to the Commonwealth of Virginia on July 21. Due to a lack of resources, the 35-year-old woman would be requesting that the decision be declared null and void.

In response, Johnny Depps’ team said, “The verdict speaks for itself, and Mr Depp believes this is a time for both parties to move on with their lives and get back on their feet. But if Ms Heard is determined to continue the litigation by appealing the verdict, Mr Depp will file a concurrent appeal to ensure that the Court of Appeals considers the full record and all relevant legal issues.”

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Bankrupt? I'm sure she can find someone willing to pay her to take a shit on them.

She basically has to relay on elon musk, i doubt anybody want to just ditch 10 million for the luls. I hope for her she put some of her cash away in gold bars and hid it somewhere. Because that money aint coming in anymore.

Oh boy...

Okay, is there a tl;dr for someone who just wants to know who is saying these things, and how can any of this be proven? Was this somehow in the 6000 pages unsealed recently? I might not trust Heard after what I heard during the trial, but that doesn't mean I'm going to just believe any allegations made against her either.

Okay, is there a tl;dr for someone who just wants to know who is saying these things, and how can any of this be proven? Was this somehow in the 6000 pages unsealed recently? I might not trust Heard after what I heard during the trial, but that doesn't mean I'm going to just believe any allegations made against her either.
There will be pics and audios soon.

ManaByte

Gold Member
It‘s 45 pages. Not 6000.

Top Bottom