• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Johnny Depp Vs Amber Heard Defamation trial live

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I think it has more to do with the actual pastor and some of the things he's said about the LGBTQIA+ community... I don't think it's about him being Christian or being in a Christian church.

No one has gone after Renee... What's her name? The chick from Lethal Weapon?
Chris Pratt isn't the pastor though. They dislike Pratt because he's part of a church. Chris Pratt has never hated on anyone. The guilt by association nonsense pushed by the likes of Kotaku provides no value whatsoever. It's just something depressed, self-loathing losers do to feel better about themselves. Constantly try to denigrate others.

ManaByte

Chris Pratt isn't the pastor though. They dislike Pratt because he's part of a church. Chris Pratt has never hated on anyone. The guilt by association nonsense pushed by the likes of Kotaku provides no value whatsoever. It's just something depressed, self-loathing losers do to feel better about themselves. Constantly try to denigrate others.

Again, it's just because Pratt is a Christian.

mekes

Lawyers are due back in court tomorrow to see if a settlement was reached or can be. Given how she has acted and instructed her team to act, it's definitely in Depps best interest to chase the money. I hope he does.

Something I wasn't aware of- she can't get out of payment by filing for bankruptcy. Ouch!

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Everyone has good things to say about Chris Pratt. I've never heard of one scandal. I THOUGHT it was because of the church he goes to but reading that from Gunn...I know now those dotards are full of fecal matter

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Lawyers are due back in court tomorrow to see if a settlement was reached or can be. Given how she has acted and instructed her team to act, it's definitely in Depps best interest to chase the money. I hope he does.

Something I wasn't aware of- she can't get out of payment by filing for bankruptcy. Ouch!

I agree with the purple haired lawyer in the video I posted today... Depp and Co should file an injunction against Heard because she's still going around saying "I told the truth and everyone else lied!" ...

And nope, she can't file bankruptcy to avoid paying him.

Ozriel

M$FT
I agree with the purple haired lawyer in the video I posted today... Depp and Co should file an injunction against Heard because she's still going around saying "I told the truth and everyone else lied!" ...

And nope, she can't file bankruptcy to avoid paying him.

Didn't i read she got a book deal? Not to mention payment for her interviews.
The Depp team should grab that

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Didn't i read she got a book deal? Not to mention payment for her interviews.
The Depp team should grab that

That's what I'm saying... File the injunction so she can't keep making money off her lies. She won't be able to write a book on her lie... I mean "truth".

NickFire

No he hasn't. WB increased the Turd's screen time in Aquaman 2 in the last test screening (despite paparazzi rags claiming otherwise) and Disney is full-blown BELIEVE ALL WOMEN woke so they won't give him Pirates back.
If they don’t give him Pirates back they deserve to get sued by their own shareholders over it. The numbers a good chapter would do with him right now would be massive.

He needs to clean her out and quite honestly he's an idiot if he doesn't. It's the only way she'll learn. All of her hysterics since the trial ended have proven that she doesn't intend on letting this go until she faces real consequences.

Nico_D

Seems they are back on court on Friday to either accept the result or to appeal.

After both Elaine's and Amber's interviews - and the threat of Amber writing a book - I hope Johnny won't give up all damages. But he probably will.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Seems they are back on court on Friday to either accept the result or to appeal.

After both Elaine's and Amber's interviews - and the threat of Amber writing a book - I hope Johnny won't give up all damages. But he probably will.
Can the court reject an appeal if there’s no solid grounds?

Nico_D

Can the court reject an appeal if there’s no solid grounds?

Honestly, I don't know how it works. Logic says it takes time to present the evidence and for the court to decide whether it is enough or not. And if it is, it's season 2.

But I don't know.

MrA

That's what I'm saying... File the injunction so she can't keep making money off her lies. She won't be able to write a book on her lie... I mean "truth".
George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

BeardGawd

Banned
Slightly off topic but kinda not

This woman literally used bogus domestic violence accusations to get her boyfriend to kill her husband. People need to realize anyone can be a piece of shit. Man or woman.

Kimahri

Banned
So Andy signore went off on Heard for going to a fish market. That somehow proves how horrible she is.

Can someone explain, because I don't get it. He's a weird dude. Keeps saying we need to stop giving her attention while obsessing over every little thing she does.

Today is when the court meets again though, so will be interesting to see what comes of that. I expect her to appeal, but fuck, I just want her to disappear.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
So Andy signore went off on Heard for going to a fish market. That somehow proves how horrible she is.

Can someone explain, because I don't get it. He's a weird dude. Keeps saying we need to stop giving her attention while obsessing over every little thing she does.

Today is when the court meets again though, so will be interesting to see what comes of that. I expect her to appeal, but fuck, I just want her to disappear.
He is highly invested in the case because he was also, apparently, falsely accused of some stuff in the past. I'm not passing a judgement on him either way.

Then there is also the money to consider. His channel had a huge boost over the Britney Spears case, and now a second boost with this one. If he wants to maintain his spot on the Youtube algorithm, he has to keep milking these topics or finding new ones.

All in all, he's not done a bad job at covering this trial compared to a lot of mainstream media that was out there, imo.

Kimahri

Banned
He is highly invested in the case because he was also, apparently, falsely accused of some stuff in the past. I'm not passing a judgement on him either way.

Then there is also the money to consider. His channel had a huge boost over the Britney Spears case, and now a second boost with this one. If he wants to maintain his spot on the Youtube algorithm, he has to keep milking these topics or finding new ones.

All in all, he's not done a bad job at covering this trial compared to a lot of mainstream media that was out there, imo.
I've watched him quite a bit, so yeah, I think he's done a very good job. Until now that is. Seems he's increasingly grasping at straws and making the dumbest videos about nothing, and it's making me lose respect for him a bit.

Amber Heard goes shopping... Oh no, say it isn't so.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I've watched him quite a bit, so yeah, I think he's done a very good job. Until now that is. Seems he's increasingly grasping at straws and making the dumbest videos about nothing, and it's making me lose respect for him a bit.

Amber Heard goes shopping... Oh no, say it isn't so.
I agree. There are points where it feels like he panders to the crazier JD fans, by calling out Amber Heard on things that are not only overblown, but just unnecessary. It hurts his credibility.

*Nightwing

Who cares what Carrot Top has to say?
PQQN0zD.gif

Carrot Top, while being a lowly prop comic, is far more accomplished in comedy and has put in decades of work in stand up to be where he is at. How can you compare a grifter leech self described “D-lister celebrity” to a professional comedian?!
cJ6fKsn.jpg
POTGEOO.jpg

jason10mm

Gold Member
PQQN0zD.gif

Carrot Top, while being a lowly prop comic, is far more accomplished in comedy and has put in decades of work in stand up to be where he is at. How can you compare a grifter leech self described “D-lister celebrity” to a professional comedian?!
I agree, he is actually pretty funny. Howevee I paid to see him live once, so pretty sure that gives me license to mock him forever :p

BeardGawd

Banned
Heard is getting free legal representation via her insurance which makes it easier for her to go for an appeal. I wonder if JD is having to pay out of pocket? If she's smart she would have settled.

Tams

That doesn't make sense to me. Like at all.

The western world is literally the safest place in the history of the world, that is an undeniable fact. Compared to any other era, there is less crime, murder, rape and assault than ever before and there is no other place or time where anyone would have been better off. Yet somehow, women seem to now be more paranoid, afraid and angry than ever, even though they are safer, richer and in many areas doing much better than their male equivalent, than ever before.

Just as an example, spend some time on /r/TwoXChromosomes or /r/WitchesVsPatriarchy (some of the largest female communities on the internet), and you'll quickly understand how out of control things have gotten. According to these communities, western countries are rape and murder filled wastelands, where evil, dangerous men hide around every corner just waiting to catch their next prey. And all men are secretly in on it and protecting these vast groups of people, which is why ALL men should be feared, avoided and treated like 'loaded weapons', as they would phrase it. Almost every day I go on reddit, I see at least one or more posts on the front page of /r/all reading something like 'A guy said hello to me, so I ran away in fear because he might be a rapist', with people responding along the lines of 'You are so right, maybe you should get a gun'. It's insane.

Social media has allowed a small group of people to spread false ideas around society (this applies to much more than this subject) that do nothing but create needless opposition and paranoia. #meetoo is one of them. It started out as a righteous and justified protest regarding the revelations surrounding Harvey Weinstein, targeting a small number of rich, powerful individuals (plenty of women in hollywood have abused people too, and people like Terry Crews and Brendan Fraser spoke up about it but were ignored) in the movie and music industry. That lasted for about 5 minutes before the well was poisoned.

Instead of it developing into a useful movement against abusive people in powerful positions, which is what it originally was about, or it opening up a dialog for both men and women to speak about their experiences (in a productive way that brings people together), it quickly developed into a chaotic, mysandrist mess, where everyone who had an awkward date, an uncomfortable conversation, or got a weird look from someone, piled on in the name of this 'rape culture' narrative. Before you knew it the 'not all men' and 'believe all women' memes were brought into existence and the plot was officially lost. And after so many years of this nonsense (alongside many other factors of course), the primary result seems to be that young men are choosing not to date at all anymore, in shockingly large numbers, and both young men and women are taking more antidepressants than ever before.

Secondly, the idea that men are these privileged, oppressive, murdering, raping, beasts, that did nothing but live like kings whilst oppressing and taking advantage of women for the entirety of human history, is categorically false. It is a lie that is being spread by politically motivated, bitter people that seek to divide us. Men and women, from the beginning of time up until the late 1800's, both suffered tremendously, and they did it together. Yes women had their unique struggles and suffering, and of course that should be talked about, but let's stop pretending and pushing this narrative that life was a paradise for men. War, slavery, torture, disease, starvation, crippling back-breaking labour, dire poverty... life was all around hell for men as well. The vast, vast, vast, majority of men living today (and most of the men who are dead and buried) can in no way recognize themselves in the narrative that is being pushed, and I deeply fear the long-term consequences this will have for young men growing up today.

The simple truth is, people in positions of wealth and power have always abused and taken advantage of people who have nothing and no power, throughout the entirety of human history, and then those in power use politics, religion, race, sex and whatever else they can to divide us so we're too occupied with hating each other to make actual systematic changes, or understand eachother's struggles in a meaningful way.

As far as I am concerned, #meetoo is just another item to be added to that list, a loud, chaotic distraction that is driving us towards division and hate. This whole Depp trial, and all the social media attention around it, is a giant symptom of how fed up people are with it, and how frustrated young men are with being painted in this horrid light all the time.
I find the easiest way to deal with that is simply to not go on Reddit and the like. It's made my life much less stressful and dare I say, hate-filled.

Now, we can't completely ignore it, as those people do exist (well most do) and that can leach into real world governance that affects us, so we do need to be vigilant. Thankfully, most of the crazinessnseems to stay online.

Salz01

Heard is getting free legal representation via her insurance which makes it easier for her to go for an appeal. I wonder if JD is having to pay out of pocket? If she's smart she would have settled.
I don’t understand how her insurance is paying the settlement? Also, she isn’t that smart.

Valedix

Good as a fan I hope he doesn't, Disney fucked him over permanently and no amount of money will ever see him return. Also there's no alpacas. Lol.
I think an apology, an admission of being wrong, and a promise to never again remove someone from their payroll due to allegations alone. That and millions and millions of dollars would do it for me. Of course, none of that will ever actually happen.

Top Bottom