• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JustJared: Amber Heard Cut From "Aquaman 2" Role Will Be Recast

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Amber Heard is being cut out of Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (aka Aquaman 2) and her role of Mera will be recast, sources exclusively tell JustJared.com.

The 36-year-old actress’ role in the film, which stars Jason Momoa in the title role, came heavily into question during her involvement in the six-week long defamation trial brought against her by her ex husband Johnny Depp. During the trial, Amber herself admitted she did not know if her character would make the final cut of the film.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
DC be like

Bob Esponja Fire GIF

Dis

Ohh how the tables have turned!
Now its Amber who’s life is being determined by Depp kya!

“yOu cAnt lOok mE iN tHe eYE aNd TeLL mE”

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
As much as I loathe this woman, I dont care for this puritanical stance being taken by Hollywood on this. They continue to cast and fund wife beaters and domestic violence abusers. Mel Gibson, Sean Penn, Christian Bale, Alec Baldwin and several directors have all had accusations of domestic violence abuse leveled at them. This right here is cancel culture. We are canceling this vicious woman demanding she get fired even though we literally allow murderers and rapists back into the society and have even begun pass laws to make them get jobs more easily. Her crimes which she hasn't been indicted for are not even close to that.

I love Mel Gibson movies. The man is the best director on the planet. His views on holocaust and jews are abhorrent, but I have the common sense to separate the man from his work. I personally draw the line at rape and pedos but I dont see anyone cancelling Michael Jackson videos on youtube or fighting Apple to take them off itunes. I understand. I dont agree with it, but I understand. His music is so good we are willing to separate the man's transgressions from his work.

What I dont understand is cancel culture. She conspired with the MeToo mob, and got Depp fired. Now we are doing the same?

badblue

Mob justice is not the way to go.

What mob justice? This is simply the exact same thing that Depp had happen to him shortly after the article Heard wrote was published. He lost roles because no one wanted to be associated with an abuser. Now she is losing roles for it being fairly well demonstrated in court that she lied for her own gain and to hide her own abusive tendencies.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
As much as I loathe this woman, I dont care for this puritanical stance being taken by Hollywood on this. They continue to cast and fund wife beaters and domestic violence abusers. Mel Gibson, Sean Penn, Christian Bale, Alec Baldwin and several directors have all had accusations of domestic violence abuse leveled at them. This right here is cancel culture. We are canceling this vicious woman demanding she get fired even though we literally allow murderers and rapists back into the society and have even begun pass laws to make them get jobs more easily. Her crimes which she hasn't been indicted for are not even close to that.

I love Mel Gibson movies. The man is the best director on the planet. His views on holocaust and jews are abhorrent, but I have the common sense to separate the man from his work. I personally draw the line at rape and pedos but I dont see anyone cancelling Michael Jackson videos on youtube or fighting Apple to take them off itunes. I understand. I dont agree with it, but I understand. His music is so good we are willing to separate the man's transgressions from his work.

What I dont understand is cancel culture. She conspired with the MeToo mob, and got Depp fired. Now we are doing the same?
This is a movie about a fishman designed to make money. If her presence in the movie is gonna drag down the box office more than it would cost to reshoot then she gets cut.

Noble sentiment...But declaring Mel Gibson the best director on the planet should revoke your right to express an opinion again...😤😤😤

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
They really should fire that cunt Ezra Miller before they shit can this dozy twat.
Ezra literally groomed a teenager into changing their gender then eloped with them as soon as they turned 18 after the parents filed charges. He's just as bad as Amber, if not worse.

But even in this case, I feel odd about asking for his firing. He's just an actor, not a public servant who need to be held to a higher standard. Tom Cruise is literally running a cult and no one is calling for his firing.

Relique

Who is letting her get away with anything? She literally has to pay him $15 million. She's gonna be paying for it for the rest of her life.

Mob justice is not the way to go.
You are only looking at this at the most superficial level.

If you think $15 million comes even close to justice you are out of your damn mind. The income Depp lost from a single cancellation of pirates 6 movie eclipses that and we're not even talking about the years of being unemployable for other jobs or how the whole affair will continue to affect his future earnings. It remains to be seen if his career can bounce back or if she can even pay him.

You are also ignoring what kind of message it would send if you let her go on getting top jobs like nothing happened. Depp might have gotten some semblance of a win here, but many men in similar situations haven't. There are many men who have been falsely accused, fought in court and won, but the damage to their career was never undone. Look into Mike Z and Chris Avellone from the gaming industry. People need to understand that you can't destroy a person's livelihood and just get a slap on the wrist.

About your whataboutism. Some of those things are old and yes they've been mishandled but it should have no bearing on how to correctly handle a new situation today. You are also comparing people with just accusations to someone who has been found guilty in a court of law and has had irrefutable evidence of serious physical abuse, including severing a finger. She is lucky she isn't going to jail for the shit she did. Comparing this to what happened to Johnny is laughable tbh.

Last edited:

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member

For me the main difference is that she was tried in a court of law--not just the court of public opinion--and came out the loser.

And, as poppabk poppabk said above, her removal from Aquaman 2 (if true) is assuredly a business decision first and foremost. In the other cases you mentioned, the sound financial decision must have been to keep them in the picture.

Last edited:

Woggleman

I don't normally agree with cancel culture but I am for hypocrites getting a taste of their own medicine. I just can't feel bad for her after she used the mob against her ex. Some not so good people still get work but most of them aren't hypocrites who try to cancel others.

UPDATE: Sources close to the Aquaman production have shot us an update, saying, “Amber has not been completely cut from the film. She still has a small role.” Our other sources still say Amber will be recast but we’ll update our readers as more information rolls in.

From Just Jared.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I wasn't gonna see it, anyway.

In fact

I legitimately have never seen ANYTHING Turd has been in, upon a cursory glance at her IMDB. Granted I don't watch many movies, but the most I've ever seen of her is at that trial, and judging by that performance, I'm not too impressed

And then...
My dog stepped on a bee
Donkey Kong Pain GIF by Mashed

ManaByte

Gold Member
UPDATE: Sources close to the Aquaman production have shot us an update, saying, “Amber has not been completely cut from the film. She still has a small role.” Our other sources still say Amber will be recast but we’ll update our readers as more information rolls in.

From Just Jared.
They're backpedaling because legitimate outlets have called them out on their clickbait.

Kamina

Golden Boy
I think this whole cancel culture thing is retarded.
Why does someone who was found guilty and who has been charged accordingly need to be fired from their job? And if that someone does get fired, do they deserve to be fired from any consecutive job too? If so, how do they continue to exist in this world?

AmuroChan

I think this whole cancel culture thing is retarded.
Why does someone who was found guilty and who has been charged accordingly need to be fired from their job? And if that someone does get fired, do they deserve to be fired from any consecutive job too? If so, how do they continue to exist in this world?

Your point is valid, but this is Hollywood we're talking about. The only thing they care about is their bottom line. Right now, Amber is bad for PR and WB/DC wouldn't want her to be part of the press tour for the movie.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Your point is valid, but this is Hollywood we're talking about. The only thing they care about is their bottom line. Right now, Amber is bad for PR and WB/DC wouldn't want her to be part of the press tour for the movie.
Yep. Shes done in Hollywood.

I to think cancel culture is silly, but I dont have to much sympathy for amber, she is still a millionaire.

She still gets $100,000s from residuals.
She still could make millions from social media, youtube, onlyfans lol.

She will remain in the top 1% unless she stupid with her money

DJ12

They're backpedaling because legitimate outlets have called them out on their clickbait.
Aparently anytime you see 'ambers spokesmen' it's just eve barlow so hardly confirmation.

Seems a legitimate source has been in touch with just Jared though 🤔

Porcile

Watching her acting is like staring into a black hole. Even ignoring all the Depp shenanigans, she has to rank as one if not the worst Hollywood actresses of all time surely?

Last edited:

DJ12

Watching her acting is like staring into a black hole. Even ignoring all the Depp shenanigans, she has to rank as one if not the worst Hollywood actresses of all time surely?
She was pretty good as 406 in Zombieland, but you could argue she was just being herself and not acting at all.

Top Bottom