• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JustJared: Amber Heard Cut From "Aquaman 2" Role Will Be Recast

Sybrix

Damn, DC just cant get a break.

The movies suck ass anyway.

The whole DC Universe should end for 5 years, reboot it again when the dust has settled.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Doubt it. The amount of cash to reshoot/redo all that shit aint worth it unless they think the public image of the movie with Heard in it will have a huge impact. I personally dont think so, but eh.

NeoGiffer

fb86d81805c4d98f31509821a649d2d0.jpg

👍

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I think this whole cancel culture thing is retarded.
Why does someone who was found guilty and who has been charged accordingly need to be fired from their job? And if that someone does get fired, do they deserve to be fired from any consecutive job too? If so, how do they continue to exist in this world?
In general I agree with you, but we are talking about people who are trading on their image here. Amber Heard isn't getting paid millions to be in a film because of her acting ability, but for her persona. With that in tatters she has no significant value as an actress.

Nico_D

Why does someone who was found guilty and who has been charged accordingly need to be fired from their job? And if that someone does get fired, do they deserve to be fired from any consecutive job too? If so, how do they continue to exist in this world?

Absolutely true.

But I think this isn't about that anymore. It is about equality some people are looking for and this it: the rules have to be the same for men and women and since this certain group of people first came afterr men, now others want them to realize it works both ways.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler

I mean, yeah, it's kind of lame, but in the end it's the same argument the trigger happy other side uses, usually without a court verdict: we as a (publisher/studio/project team, band, etc) don't want to be associated with what the public views as a problematic individual. I think in most cases, that's some circle jerk logic, but I'm willing to say Heard is probably one of the first examples I've seen of cancel culture done the (tentatively) correct way. She was found, in a court of law, to be guilty, and now, the court of public opinion can weigh in.

AmuroChan

I mean, yeah, it's kind of lame, but in the end it's the same argument the trigger happy other side uses, usually without a court verdict: we as a (publisher/studio/project team, band, etc) don't want to be associated with what the public views as a problematic individual. I think in most cases, that's some circle jerk logic, but I'm willing to say Heard is probably one of the first examples I've seen of cancel culture done the (tentatively) correct way. She was found, in a court of law, to be guilty, and now, the court of public opinion can weigh in.

Depp was canceled before the trials even took place. The court of public opinion was firmly on Amber's side, especially after the WaPo article was published. The only reason Depp even won this case was because the evidence was overwhelmingly on his side and Amber made an ass of herself when questioned on the stand. I see a lot of people touting this is the end of the #metoo movement, but I don't think it is. This particular case is the exception, not the rule.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Depp was canceled before the trials even took place. The court of public opinion was firmly on Amber's side, especially after the WaPo article was published. The only reason Depp even won this case was because the evidence was overwhelmingly on his side and Amber made an ass of herself when questioned on the stand. I see a lot of people touting this is the end of the #metoo movement, but I don't think it is. This particular case is the exception, not the rule.

Possibly, yeah. Time will tell.

Ristifer

Phew. I'm sure relieved. Now Aquaman 2 will be thrust upon the great pantheon of Hollywood sequels, no doubt.

Top Bottom