• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June 2013 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes July 15

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Pretty excited to see how much the weather impacted Animal Crossing and 3DS sales this month, as well as The Last of Us.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Should start getting info in ~30 mins right?

Pretty excited to see how much the weather impacted Animal Crossing and 3DS sales this month, as well as The Last of Us.

tumblr_mcl5147hnL1r2ikcao1_250.gif

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.

Its alright, now that Illinois is en route to having conceal and carry, everyone in America is packing heat.

I can't believe I actually got that joke. :( Hot weather does have a small impact on sales, though. It's not huge, however, and is not really a notable impact.

Weather ONLY has an effect on sales if it was really hot to the level of heat wave in America. Then, all of the GameStops would be fairly empty.

donny2112

Even if that happens, the question becomes if anything beats those consoles...

Would be surprised if 3DS doesn't beat them both with the AC 3DSXL LE systems, unless they have just a really unexpected monthly boost. PS3 vs. 360 is a very interesting comparison this month, though. Don't expect TLOU to push PS3 over 360, but could be some interesting analyses if it does.

I guess the lack of "biggest selling console for x month" means the streak is over?
Interesting, I wonder whether it will be PS3 or 3DS if so?

Into

Surely 3DS beat it, almost beat it a month ago and now it has had AC for a whole month which has been quite a big release

I didn't. Hmm. Can anyone explain it to me, please? :)

In the Media Create thread a certain someone used the weather as part of his explanation for the Wii U's sales not being bumped that high. I like the certain someone quite a bit so I'm not saying who it is. >_> (someone else probably will anyways)

donny2112

I guess the lack of "biggest selling console for x month" means the streak is over?

If there's anything to indicate, it'd be PS3, since Microsoft doesn't consider handhelds in their NPD statements.

In the Media Create thread a certain someone used the weather as part of his explanation for the Wii U's sales not being bumped that high.

Seems strange reasoning to make, but thanks for the explanation!

Edit:
Thanks, too. :)
\/\/\/

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Microsoft always refers only to home consoles in their PR, and 3DS already beated it last month. If they don't say that blur, that would mean PS3 outsold 360, not 3DS.

Slightly up for 360 in the weekly. I wondered to myself if the negative publicity for One in June would have any impact on the brand at retail. Question answered, I guess. No.

Slightly up for 360 in the weekly. I wondered to myself if the negative publicity for One in June would have any impact on the brand at retail. Question answered, I guess. No.

Not much change from May on the 360 front, despite the new model.

As I predicted, Xbox 360 E was completely overshadowed by the XBONE fiasco and next-gen hype.

Elios83

Not much change from May on the 360 front, despite the new model.

As I predicted, Xbox 360 E was completely overshadowed by the XBONE fiasco and next-gen hype.

Xbox 360 E was pratically launched just on paper while stock levels of previous SKUs were still relatively high.
The thing wasn't handled really well.

Globox_82

Banned
Colin Moriarty ‏@notaxation 1m

I predicted that June, 2013 would be one of those very rare months where PS3 outsold 360 in the US. I was wrong.

ppl asking whether 3DS beat it or not may be jumping the gun assuming it's why Nelson doesn't mention winning streak.

3DS beat 360 on more than one occassion and they still mentioned "bests selling console". So when they say console they mean non-portables.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=65463606&highlight=#post65463606

Larry Hryb ‏@majornelson
@TKOastIsBack Yes, 30th straight month.

Still #1

I didn't. Hmm. Can anyone explain it to me, please? :)

It was also really hot to the level of heat wave in Japan last week, and it came out in a holiday weekend where people were not in the streets. Even the Pokémon Centers were fairly empty and that seldom happens.

This has an effect on sales. I'm not saying this to spin but as an explanation. You need to factor in all the factors in order to make a determination.

:)

Top Bottom