• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kevin Smith's Masters of the Universe: Revelation trailer

lefty1117

Gold Member
Ah yes, there it is. Dont have expectations or standards, just consume whatever shit the entertainment industry puts out.

Sure, because the entertainment industry has you strapped to a chair and is prying bad stuff down your throat. Watch or don't watch, it's not the end of the world either way. Your childhood will remain intact, I promise

Nickolaidas

Let's see some Teela boobs and some he-man ass.
Teela's boobs will be completely covered to the point you'll have a hard time thinking she's a woman.

Don't expect sexual content of any kind. Kevin Smith made clear this is going to be something the entire family will be able to enjoy.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Teela's boobs will be completely covered to the point you'll have a hard time thinking she's a woman.

Don't expect sexual content of any kind. Kevin Smith made clear this is going to be something the entire family will be able to enjoy.

I am a HUGE fan of the guy but it's been a loooong time since those words belong in the same sentence (for me).

Though the new J&SB was hopefully a sign of talent clearing the weed haze.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Sure, because the entertainment industry has you strapped to a chair and is prying bad stuff down your throat. Watch or don't watch, it's not the end of the world either way. Your childhood will remain intact, I promise
Or. Or. We could want better content based on existing properties? Nobody is being forced to watch it that's true but a sequel to loved property doesn't need to be shit.

Take the Ghostbusters remake for example. There was no reason that had to be so bad.

Will this be that bad? Idk. Maybe it'll be good. Netflix doesn't have the best track record.

Madonis

It should be called She-Male instead of He-Man. Lol

The trailer is actually pretty good and He-Man is still there, even though at least at first he might spend more time as Prince Adam.

The sword was merely divided, which is not an entirely new concept to He-Man lore if you read up on it.

That will make it all the better when he's fully back. But nah, gotta get upset about stuff irrationally, I guess. Sacrilege! Heresy! Lunacy! Cold cornflakes!

Last edited:

oagboghi2

The trailer is actually pretty good and He-Man is still there, even though at least at first he might spend more time as Prince Adam.

The sword was merely divided, which is not an entirely new concept to He-Man lore if you read up on it.

That will make it all the better when he's fully back. But nah, gotta get upset about stuff irrationally, I guess. Sacrilege! Heresy! Lunacy! Cold cornflakes!
Damage control is coming quicker and quicker.

CGiRanger

Banned
In the leaked Spanish footage teela becomes man-at-arms and Adam gets shit on by the King. This is going to be a total disaster. Teela is going to end up as Captain of the Guard, Man-at-arms, the New Sorceress, and probably end up with the Sword too.
And I'm still pissed the He-Man 2002 reboot got cancelled just as it was getting really good too...

In that one iirc Teela ended up being hinted at as the Sorceress' daughter, though that was done over the course of the entire show and not just dumped in the first episode.

Nickolaidas

Adam gets shit on by the King
I saw it. Sincerely hope it was a 'Bruce, it's not what you are underneath ... it's what you do that defines you' moment from Randor who isn't aware of the irony of their words.

I hate the fact that instead of enjoying the show I am going to subconsciously watch for moments in order for me to go "That was woke! That was woke too! Dammit, that was woke as well!!"

Last edited:

NahaNago

This new trailer really killed my interest in the show. I'm just not liking the look of the show. The first trailer was almost okay but this one was just terrible to me.

Lupingosei

Banned
This new trailer really killed my interest in the show. I'm just not liking the look of the show. The first trailer was almost okay but this one was just terrible to me.
And the best thing, the new trailer is exactly that what some YouTubers leaked a few months ago and Kevin Smith threw a hizzy fit over it.

NahaNago

And the best thing, the new trailer is exactly that what some YouTubers leaked a few months ago and Kevin Smith threw a hizzy fit over it.
I still think it is a little to early to say. It definitely feels like it is pointing that way. I could easily see a major story portion being Teela coming to accept magic.

Here's something i've been pondering. Shouldn't him fighting as he-man have a massive change to his personality. He is fighting, killing, and getting put into near death situations plus all of that power so it should definitely leak into his every day life. I would have figured he would be more confident and probably trained to be able to fight even without the sword when necessary so he would have bulked up.

kunonabi

I saw it. Sincerely hope it was a 'Bruce, it's not what you are underneath ... it's what you do that defines you' moment from Randor who isn't aware of the irony of their words.

I hate the fact that instead of enjoying the show I am going to subconsciously watch for moments in order for me to go "That was woke! That was woke too! Dammit, that was woke as well!!"
It's hard to say but the tone was particularly brutal coming from Randor.

Woke are not its painfully obvious that writers really don't get these characters and haven't put any effort in bringing their characterizations forward and then building or growing from there.

And I'm still pissed the He-Man 2002 reboot got cancelled just as it was getting really good too...

In that one iirc Teela ended up being hinted at as the Sorceress' daughter, though that was done over the course of the entire show and not just dumped in the first episode.
But she is her daughter. In the original show she even replaced her in one episode.

kunonabi

But she is her daughter. In the original show she even replaced her in one episode.
Yeah, the teela/sorceress story is the one thing that really needed to be followed up on in a sequel show. Of course, they're already mucking that up but oh well.

Enjay

Banned
It annoys me they never got to do one more season too, but they have no one to blame but themselves for that stupid Turnabout episode (which was a very early episode too iirc) that immediately ruined the whole series' concept.

Urban

In the leaked Spanish footage teela becomes man-at-arms and Adam gets shit on by the King. This is going to be a total disaster. Teela is going to end up as Captain of the Guard, Man-at-arms, the New Sorceress, and probably end up with the Sword too.

you know there is a spoiler function?

Dev1lXYZ

You are probably right. I’m getting ‘Last Jedi’ vibes from this one and am prepared for it to be divisive.

I’m a big fan of TLJ as there is no other SW movie like it in the series. It’s my #2 behind ESB. I also read the book, which from the very beginning hints at it being an alternate universe. I don’t consider the Abrams-Johnson-Abrams SW movies canon, but more of a fan made set of projects. I had stories like them when I played with my SW figures when I was a kid.

Back to He-Man.....it’s about time we had a good Teela storyline. She was always so much of a background character in both the mini comics and cartoon in the 80’s that I want to see what Mr. Smith can do for her character.

I had her become an outcast who became the ‘Queen’ of the Snake Men, since she had that Cobra garb, it fit perfectly. She wasn’t ‘good’ or ‘bad’ per se, but more of an anti hero. Her group had taken over an old fortress by the sea surrounded by a vast desert that only they could cross. Anyone traveling in foot would be eaten by massive sand worms(Dune influence as strong back then as well). Her steed was the Rancor toy from ROTJ. 😂

longdi

Banned
is heman going to be the villian here? teela to take over the mantle? i saw a shot of him with red evil looking eyes and there will be 2 master swords?

Last edited:

kunonabi

is heman going to be the villian here? teela to take over the mantle? i saw a shot of him with red evil looking eyes and there will be 2 master swords?
He'll probably be evil/possessed for a bit unless it's some illusion. Teela taking the mantle isn't known but it's very likely. The writers did peddle the modern BS about everyone being special so it could go a couple different ways.

Yeah, sword gets split in two probably at the end of the fight that wrecks Eternia.

It keeps getting better.

So now we have:

Soy Adam
Teela, the side character promoted to protagonist because fuck the patriarchy, plus angry lesbian looks
Blackwashed He-man's ancestor because diversity

It's the Netflix adaptation meme at full power.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

ygVQ1xN.png

I believe you Ted. I mean, it's obvious you guys have a problem with a SINGLE giant white blond dude, let alone TWO. Which is probably why you have him in his scrawny wimp mode for the majority of the show.

This is the same stupidity we would hear from the director of the recent Mortal Kombat movie. "We didn't put Johnny Cage in the movie, because the idea of a straight white man saving the day didn't sit well for us ..."

I can already see the moral of the story at the end of Revelations.

Teela: "In today's story, we have learned that we do not need a straight white man at all ..."

CGiRanger

Banned
Unbelievable. If that's true, it really shows exactly the dubiousness of what they do

And the whole point of King Greyskull was that he was supposed to be a dead-ringer for He-Man and why Adam looks like that when he transforms. Butchered the lore just like that shows how little they truly care. Kevin Smith is a hack who I still wonder what he did that was so successful to begin with to earn his place.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Unbelievable. If that's true, it really shows exactly the dubiousness of what they do

And the whole point of King Greyskull was that he was supposed to be a dead-ringer for He-Man and why Adam looks like that when he transforms. Butchered the lore just like that shows how little they truly care. Kevin Smith is a hack who I still wonder what he did that was so successful to begin with to earn his place.

In the original toon, Adam looks JUST like He-man .. the ONLY difference in looks is a tan.

zeorhymer

Should have just made a Teela show and make a story of her taking up the mantle of the sorceress. That would have been interesting. Instead they made a He-Ma'am instead. Wokewood is so afraid of pretty women it's laughable.

Top Bottom