• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego Horizon Adventures Announced | Summer Game Fest

skit_data

images

*Cries in Ori games*

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I will buy it, just to support Playstation going 3rd party. Not even Xbox publish games on this variety of platforms day 1 (yet)

BlackTron

Gold Member
I will buy it, just to support Playstation going 3rd party. Not even Xbox publish games on this variety of platforms day 1 (yet)

If I'm going to buy something that will only encourage a company to accelerate their own wretched demise, I hope I at least want the thing.

Astray

The copium is just immense here. People acting like Sony had a gun to its head when they signed the deal.

If they didn't want to release a Switch version, then this game wouldn't have happened. These Sony execs aren't your friends and never have been.

This concept makes a lot of sense for kids (of course NeoGAF posters won't like it, it's not made for the 30-40yr old forum poster).

It also makes a lot of business sense for Sony to open up to Nintendo and not Xbox.

I‘m shocked, shocked I tell you, that people that openly troll & hate on PlayStation jumped to possibly wrong conclusions just so they could push a narrative
Bro the PS Blog post mentions Switch. Give it up.

nial

Gold Member
The copium is just immense here. People acting like Sony had a gun to its head when they signed the deal.

If they didn't want to release a Switch version, then this game wouldn't have happened. These Sony execs aren't your friends and never have been.
I'm on the boat that they weren't even planning a Switch release in the first place, but LEGO wanted it for the deal, and they were ultimately fine with it.
Honestly, all of this is just platform warring and concern trolling, it's really hard to deduce a change of strategy like this when it literally involves the LEGO IP.
I wouldn't even expect something like a LocoRoco 3 on Switch.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It also makes all the sense in the world that LEGO would not even care to demand a Xbox Series version at all.

Nah.

If that were the case, they wouldn't have commissioned the multiple previous Lego games that are on the Series consoles.

Some of y'all thinking that Sony would have no say in a game that's 50% their in-house IP is just bizarre. The game is coming to Switch and PC because they signed off on it.

Last edited:

habibihijababy

Neo Member
I still haven’t even gotten to playing a horizon game but already find it a tired IP (or maybe it’s the character design that just annoys me). Also the Lego movie tie in type games are BORING.

nial

Gold Member
Nah.

If that were the case, they wouldn't have commissioned the multiple previous Lego games that are on the Series consoles.
You mean the ones produced by multi-platform publishers?
Some of y'all thinking that Sony would have no say in a game that's 50% their in-house IP is just bizarre.
What I said here.
I'm on the boat that they weren't even planning a Switch release in the first place, but LEGO wanted it for the deal, and they were ultimately fine with it.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Who is saying this looks lame?? This looks so stupid and fun! I don’t even really like Horizon much, so I expected nothing from this, but it looks just so silly and energetic.

It’s weird seeing Aloy actually have a personality. 😂

White-fire

Now, I'm not really sure if Sony is publishing the Switch and PC versions, as the trailer on the official PlayStation channel only shows PS5 at the end.

These two Concord trailers, in comparison, do indeed show Epic Games Store and Steam.

The original trailer showing all three platforms
only lists Sony as the publisher.

PS YouTube channel tries to promote PlayStation over all else, and the reason that the Concord trailers mention PC is because the trailer premiered at a Sony event and is published by Sony. There is no separate entity to release a “PC” trailer to let PC gamers know that the game is coming to PC. Sony is the only outlet to promote the game since its their show.

This Lego game on the other hand premiered at SGF and therefore can have two different trailers. One for the general audience showing Switch and PC, and another for their own channel just showcasing PS5.

nial

Gold Member
What difference would it make, you're under the impression that Lego 'would not even care to demand a Xbox Series version'.
Huh, all of it. A company like Warner Bros. would obviously release it on every platform out there, with or without LEGO demanding It.
Stop pretending you don't understand what I'm saying, Switch consistently being the best-selling platform for LEGO games is a strong enough argument for LEGO to demand a version for it when dealing with Sony that probably only went with a PS5 release in mind.
In no world we can say the same for Xbox.
Let the S.S. Speculation sail on.
It shouldn't bother you this much, then...
All we know for sure is that Sony are publishing and co-developing the game.
I've, thankfully for you, previously addressed this many times in the thread.

nial

Gold Member
PS YouTube channel tries to promote PlayStation over all else, and the reason that the Concord trailers mention PC is because the trailer premiered at a Sony event and is published by Sony.
This is what I mean, though. It should at the very least mention the PC version. But, I'm also open with the idea of it being a normal Sony fuck up.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
This is obviously because Switch 2 will be able to run the game almost as good as the PS5 version. It has to be.

I played Star Wars Hunters for about four hours today on Switch and my iPhone 13 runs the game better. The Switch hardware is done.

BlackTron

Gold Member
Guys if it was important to Sony to keep their characters off of a competitor like Switch then then it wouldn't have happened, period. That's all that really matters. This happens with the good graces of Sony no matter how we try to hack it apart.

If LEGO had demanded that the game be on Switch, and it was important to Sony to keep the IP off Switch, guess what? They wouldn't have made the fucking game. I have been on this forum for some time and I've seen some shit, but my eyes are opened to the levels of cope possible that anyone could deny this plain, simple and obvious fact. Unreal

nial

Gold Member
If LEGO had demanded that the game be on Switch, and it was important to Sony to keep the IP off Switch, guess what? They wouldn't have made the fucking game.
Just to make sure I'm not included in this (given that the last posts in the thread are me discussing this), I actually believe that Sony went into it with no problem.

White-fire

This is what I mean, though. It should at the very least mention the PC version. But, I'm also open with the idea of it being a normal Sony fuck up.
Could be! I’d be interested to know how Sony would be listed as the only publisher under the SGF trailer. You’d think another publisher would want in on that credit. Unless LEGO themselves is publishing….

THE DUCK

Banned
Seeks messed up to me that we need to make a logo game out of another game. I mean it looks well executed, but can't they find some other ip that doesn't have a video game?

nial

Gold Member
Could be! I’d be interested to know how Sony would be listed as the only publisher under the SGF trailer. You’d think another publisher would want in on that credit. Unless LEGO themselves is publishing….
Hmm, did not consider this, I think you're right.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Huh, all of it. A company like Warner Bros. would obviously release it on every platform out there, with or without LEGO demanding It.
Stop pretending you don't understand what I'm saying, Switch consistently being the best-selling platform for LEGO games is a strong enough argument for LEGO to demand a version for it when dealing with Sony that probably only went with a PS5 release in mind.
In no world we can say the same for Xbox.

No, I understand what you're saying. I just don't agree with it. Especially considering the Lego games sell pretty well on Xbox, digitally they even outsell their PS counterparts, so to say that Lego would have no reason to demand for an Xbox version is just incredibly hard to fathom. Switch version notwithstanding.

But then again, they're skipping the PS4 for this game, where half the PS console MAU is, so it's not like they're making smart decisions all round anyway.

BlackTron

Gold Member
Just to make sure I'm not included in this (given that the last posts in the thread are me discussing this), I actually believe that Sony went into it with no problem.

Didn't see those posts, just read a bit more of the thread and saw the continuing meltdown.

Of course Sony has no problem with it, if they did, their character wouldn't be on Switch.

How is this a debate? The psychological processes that make this possible are more interesting than the "debate" itself.

nial

Gold Member
No, I understand what you're saying. I just don't agree with it. Especially considering the Lego games sell pretty well on Xbox, digitally they even outsell their PS counterparts
>digitally
>in the UK
>gap with PS still close anyway
The 7% on Switch should tell you everything.
But then again, they're skipping the PS4 for this game, where half the PS console MAU is, so it's not like they're making smart decisions all round anyway.
That's more on Sony, tbh.

Last edited:

Kilau

Didn't see those posts, just read a bit more of the thread and saw the continuing meltdown.

Of course Sony has no problem with it, if they did, their character wouldn't be on Switch.

How is this a debate? The psychological processes that make this possible are more interesting than the "debate" itself.
Sony think they can sell PS5s to Switch owners by giving them a taste of Horizon, just like their plan with PC gamers.

They don't want filthy rats tho.

BlackTron

Gold Member
Seeks messed up to me that we need to make a logo game out of another game. I mean it looks well executed, but can't they find some other ip that doesn't have a video game?

They have LEGO everything. Lego games with no IP, and countless based on other stuff.

They don't need other material, they have it and they use it. The actual point of this specific game is that it combines Lego and Horizon, just like the actual licensed Tallneck set. It's also not a coincidence that it's the first time Sony is dipping their toes in another console. It is more strategic to use a Lego version of Aloy than port one of the actual games.

THE DUCK

Banned
They have LEGO everything. Lego games with no IP, and countless based on other stuff.

They don't need other material, they have it and they use it. The actual point of this specific game is that it combines Lego and Horizon, just like the actual licensed Tallneck set. It's also not a coincidence that it's the first time Sony is dipping their toes in another console. It is more strategic to use a Lego version of Aloy than port one of the actual games.

I know, just seems weird to do it based off a game, but probably will sell, looks well executed. Is this the first Sony published game for other consoles? Day and date? Hmmmm......

Top Bottom