• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego Horizon Adventures Announced | Summer Game Fest

BlackTron

Gold Member
I know, just seems weird to do it based off a game, but probably will sell, looks well executed. Is this the first Sony published game for other consoles? Day and date? Hmmmm......

I don't know how many video game properties were in Lego Dimensions had but it minimally had Sonic.

Again I don't think it's a big coincidence this is based on a game. This is being framed almost like, oh why did Lego need to do this to Sony, couldn't they use something else. It was used intentionally IMO.

I'm not a huge fan of the LEGO games but I've enjoyed the ones I've played (Marvel, Harry Potter, LoTR). Might check this out but I'm more intrigued by the possibility of other PlayStation IP having a LEGO game, I'd be all over an Uncharted or God of War game 👌

Last edited:
Astrobot looks phenomenal for what it wants to be (cartoony Platformer). Astrobot games are all about smooth fun gameplay anyway
I love astrobot gameplay wise - I will enjoy that much more than this. I just expected them to update the graphics from playroom at least lighting wise

Last edited:

Dafegamer

I love astrobot gameplay wise - I will enjoy that much more than this. I just expected them to update the graphics from playroom at least lighting wise
You can actually see some slight details improved on Astro himself, he is visibly damaged in that Trailer on the Desert with the Fennex Fox. Look at the cracks on his Metalhead

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
How goes the war, friends?

Is democracy and liberty winning?
Video Games Team GIF by PlayStation

Alphagear

Yeah likely Lego didnt force Sony into anything they didn't want

Its 100% cope and tired of talking to the ones being intentionally obtuse about it

Why not Switch ports of Astro Bot or something else from Sony?

No one forces anything. Companies come to agreements and it is pretty obvious Lego wanted this game on Switch in exchange for the license.

Sony know they can make more money with it on Switch so agreed.

The Lego license is too big to refuse. I doubt this is the last Sony Lego game we see.

Pedro Motta

The problem with this game IMO is that the IP kind of stinks. The appeal of these Lego games is playing around with a ton of characters. Marvel, LOTR, Star Wars, whatever.

I played HZD (never finished tho) and couldn’t name one single character besides Aloy.
Having a soft brain is not something to be proud of.

DJ12

Why not also go for xbox at that point.
MS obviously don't want to support their own platform by paying for it to be on gamepass.

Xbox owners are conditioned not to buy games now so why should Sony bother.

Doesn't appear that travellers tales are involved so probably won't have the charm of other lego games. Hope theres going to be a demo.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Seeks messed up to me that we need to make a logo game out of another game. I mean it looks well executed, but can't they find some other ip that doesn't have a video game?
?
Seems normal. How many other lego games use an ip without any previous video games?
Lego City Undercover is all I can think of, and Ninjago.

I think this is brilliant. I sometimes play the Horizon games for my kids when I know there are no human enemies around. Robots and dinosaurs, can it get any better!? And the Lego games gets played a lot here so this seems perfect for the young ones, will get it on Switch unless it runs like crap.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Yeah likely Lego didnt force Sony into anything they didn't want

Its 100% cope and tired of talking to the ones being intentionally obtuse about it

The copium is just immense here. People acting like Sony had a gun to its head when they signed the deal.

If they didn't want to release a Switch version, then this game wouldn't have happened. These Sony execs aren't your friends and never have been.

This concept makes a lot of sense for kids (of course NeoGAF posters won't like it, it's not made for the 30-40yr old forum poster).

It also makes a lot of business sense for Sony to open up to Nintendo and not Xbox.

Bro the PS Blog post mentions Switch. Give it up.

It's not about being forced, it's about coming to a mutual agreement.

So it's not "coping" to say LEGO probably wanted this game to be released on multiple platforms as part of the agreement.

midnightAI

It's not about being forced, it's about coming to a mutual agreement.

So it's not "coping" to say LEGO probably wanted this game to be released on multiple platforms as part of the agreement.
It's not hard to see that this will also help grow the brand, regardless of what NeoGaf thinks, both Lego and Horizon are incredibly popular, it's mutually beneficial to put this game on multiple platforms as well as make the accompanying Legos (I'll buy some and customise with LED's and some airbrushing maybe)

DJ12

Fuck me...Nintendo switch....everyone's third party apart from Nintendo.

I'm baffled at switch....Sony putting games on a Nintendo platform is wild as fuck.

What a timeline we are in.

It's crazy to think that this is going to sell the most on Switch.

What a generation this has been.
You're trying too hard to get your narrative going.

Looking a little desperate.

As to your final attempt, it won't.

PS5 version of lego star wars sold better than switch when there were far less PS5s around. Stands to reason now theirs more the sales will be skewed more in favour of PS5.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Might be a gateway into Horizon for my 6yo daughter. Me and my son played through quite a few Lego games when he was younger.

Darsxx82

Why not also go for xbox at that point.
Simply because, although some here want to point out other reasons, SONY considers XBOX its main competition and that is why it pays for console exclusives and that is why it will avoid whenever it can support XBOX. Just imagine the image damage and controversy that launching a first party SP day one game on XBOX would have generated at a time when there is talk of its move to multiplatforming.

Because both PS and Xbox know that PS gamers actually buy games while Xbox gamers do not.

Of course, that's why Lego games sell very good on XBOX (the last one was on the bestseller list 2022), and of course that's why 99% of publishers and studios release their games on XBOX knowing that they are not going to sell anything........🙃

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
You're trying too hard to get your narrative going.

Looking a little desperate.

As to your final attempt, it won't.

PS5 version of lego star wars sold better than switch when there were far less PS5s around. Stands to reason now theirs more the sales will be skewed more in favour of PS5.

Right, so it's absolutely no big deal at all that a Sony IP is heading to switch. No big deal at all.

Can you imagine a mario lego game on playstation. It would be bonkers. Or mario rabbids

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Knew I'd wake up to a mult-pager on this one.

Playstation studios IP day one on Switch is pretty hoopy. I know it's because it's Lego.

For the folks who wonder who's going to play this at all, kids that are into Lego in general aren't going to care that it's something they've never heard of. They're going to see the lady with the cool hair fighting robot dinosaurs with the funny banana man and want to play it. It's not gonna smash any records, but it's a neat thing to see.

Last edited:

graywolf323

If they did a lego mario I wouldn't be surprised if it was on other platforms either.

you're trying to hard to make xbox demise a #sonytoo issue.
Nintendo would never agree to it which is why we’ll never see that

but yeah people are trying really really hard to tie Sony agreeing to this to them following Xbox becoming a third-party 🙄

BlackTron

Gold Member
Some of y'all thinking that Sony would have no say in a game that's 50% their in-house IP is just bizarre.

This has been the most eye-opening event of all time on this board, for me. I now realize that denial and copium expand to fill a space no matter how large it is, which is a fair bit larger than my imagination previously went.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
If they did a lego mario I wouldn't be surprised if it was on other platforms either.

you're trying to hard to make xbox demise a #sonytoo issue.

Nope. I'm literally highlighting that it's wild to see a Sony franchise on switch. PC day one was one convo and then it's also switch day one.

As if its not in anyway a significant thing.

Topher

Gold Member
This has been the most eye-opening event of all time on this board, for me. I now realize that denial and copium expand to fill a space no matter how large it is, which is a fair bit larger than my imagination previously went.

I think there have been a few different narratives that folks have been trying to contrive out of something that really isn't a big deal at all, frankly. Not sure why folks need to believe Lego is beholden to Sony or Sony is beholden to Lego in any of this. This is a clear collaboration between two different franchises: Horizon and Lego. Something Lego has done numerous times before as we all know too well. So what is the big take-away from all this? Not a damn thing.

Top Bottom