• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden '17 PS4 Online league interest thread: Tyronne McKay Memorial edition

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The list of the 32 people in the madden league should be posted before the weekend is over.

Realistically, it was only a few spots in contention.

Team assignment probably wont happen until the week of release. Im assuming something will be broken that we have to wait for to be patched, anyway.

brentech

I won't have the PS4 version to compare it too but it shouldn't be worse. There is no preload for PC version either.
It's only like a 6gb game at tops, so, that's like a wopping couple minutes
if you don't have an issue with my current participation then i will! i will try to logon more since im off for the next 7 weeks... it's just there isn't much for me to do :/
No issue, having someone GM the team at all is better than none. Might be changing that manager effect, still have to ask everyone. There is a setting in OOTP 17 that allows you to make changes regardless of manager preference.

CB3

Key arena is howling. I think it's been invaded by furries. I'm asking crow to translate.

Meme's

V1at says the chinese are starting it. Probably some anime shit. Its coming across really annoying through the stream.

Rorschach

Meme's

V1at says the chinese are starting it. Probably some anime shit. Its coming across really annoying through the stream.
It's all Americans doing it. I don't see any of the Chinese doing it. I don't know if it's ironic or not though.

BigAT

It was rors that started it

I was there why would I lie?

Half-Baked-I-Believe-Him-Yo.jpg

brentech

The 'wooing' happens at pretty much every indoor stadium. Probably more annoying when it isn't actual sports though and people really want to hear.

CB3

Ive been keeping up with all the drama and various reactions surrounding No Man's Sky because even though the actual game seems bad (In my opinion. I can also see why people would enjoy it) I think its still interesting as this big, long, hyped project and im always curious to see how those turn out. I just read what happens when you reach the center. Im going to make this spoiler warning obnoxiously big to make extra sure I dont lilfuckboi anyone by accident. Im curious as to what other people think about it.

WARNING

NO MANS SKY ENDING SPOILERS

Seems like it just new game+'s you into another separate galaxy? And it doesnt seem like you can go back to the first galaxy? Im not sure what the actual "story" is in that game but there didnt seem like much of it in the video. I guess I dont know what I expected, but I did not expect that. That seems shitty!

I cant help but feel like Sony pumped this thing up to be way too big and really set it up for obvious disappointment. From a purely technical standpoint, its still pretty impressive what that small team pulled off. Its got a ton of cool ideas. But in alot of ways feels like half a game.

WARNING

brentech

Spoiler response:
For a game with no clear objective, that's about what I expected.

My wife is now under 4 weeks left, and she's finally at the point where she wants the baby out herself (getting super uncomfortable). Gonna need your tips FMT. I'm scared.

Spoiler response:
For a game with no clear objective, that's about what I expected.

My wife is now under 4 weeks left, and she's finally at the point where she wants the baby out herself (getting super uncomfortable). Gonna need your tips FMT. I'm scared.

1. Have your travel bag ready now!
2. Make sure you have your wife's medical card handy in the event that you are the one having to provide it. This was a mistake I made!
3. BRING WATER BOTTLES with you in your travel bag. My wife was very thirsty but they obviously wouldn't allow drinking before the birth. However, even after, it took them like 45 mins to get her some water even though they said they would right after
4. Be prepared for pee and poop smell at some point. Sorry to be blunt about that but it's the truth!
5. Be as supportive as you can even as your wife is wanting to punch you. Remember your training!
6. Don't worry about texting people that it's time. Get your wife safely into the hospital and only then contact whoever.
7. Just chill out. Remember you have the easy part and if you are calm and collected it'll help everyone.
8. Cutting the cord is weird as fuuuuuuuck
9. Take lots of pics and videos the best that you can without compromising your duties. Your wife will want to see!

#8 is very important. Don't be one of those sissy men who defers to the doctor.

Also, I didn't get any of the poop or pee smell. I was hoping she'd shit during birth so I could joke with her about it later, but no dice.

brentech

I saw Smokey posting about NMS in the official thread. I know he had much more mixed feelings about it prior to release than I did, so I'm curious what smokey's thoughts are on the game after putting in a bit of time?

Smokey signal!
DAMNNNNN.gif

Ferny

I've had a lot of fun with NMS. Does it have super long legs? Depends. I like the going planet to planet thing for a bit here and there. I think if you play this game for 5-6 hours a day for a week it'll get old quick, but popping in and out for an hour or two is pretty fun for me.

Bread

Banned
Those NMS spoilers really don't surprise me.
The entire gameplay loop is so shallow, of course the overall "point of the game" is too! I do love the game though, and I'm going to be playing it all weekend.

Smokey

I saw Smokey posting about NMS in the official thread. I know he had much more mixed feelings about it prior to release than I did, so I'm curious what smokey's thoughts are on the game after putting in a bit of time?

Smokey signal!
DAMNNNNN.gif

I like it for what it is. I'm big into astronomy so it's the type of game I've wanted for a long time. The exploration in the game is great, and they really nailed the scale of space imo.

It's repetitive and it's not for everyone. If you enjoy resource management type games, you'll probably like it. They could definitely improve some areas, namely the inventory system. The sense of exploration overrides most of the issues for me right now.

I'm probably going to double dip for PC. This game is perfect for mods. The limited FOV on PS4 is really bad, and in general it seems that the QoL improvements in the PC will help the game out a ton. With the amount of inventory and mineral management you have to do, KB/M could be a good thing.

It's not a game you should binge on imo. It'll get old. But it's great to just pop in a chill to a show or music.

brentech

I like it for what it is. I'm big into astronomy so it's the type of game I've wanted for a long time. The exploration in the game is great, and they really nailed the scale of space imo.

It's repetitive and it's not for everyone. If you enjoy resource management type games, you'll probably like it. They could definitely improve some areas, namely the inventory system. The sense of exploration overrides most of the issues for me right now.

I'm probably going to double dip for PC. This game is perfect for mods. The limited FOV on PS4 is really bad, and in general it seems that the QoL improvements in the PC will help the game out a ton. With the amount of inventory and mineral management you have to do, KB/M could be a good thing.

It's not a game you should binge on imo. It'll get old. But it's great to just pop in a chill to a show or music.
Basically the exact same thoughts as me. I add my complaint for the lack of full ship control. I like having to be more of a pilot like in Elite Dangerous.
I remember your thing against the game was the lack of a focus on what you're supposed to do - but that's kind of why I liked the idea of the game to start with.
Probably double dipping on PC as well.

Top Bottom