• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAF Corner: Choice Quotes from Nintendo Fans During TGS

In the "Do These People Even PLAY Fighting Games?" Catagory:

Rindain
Fighting games will be fine...instead of tapping button combinations, the different moves will be carried out by moving the controller in determined patterns. It will be great, especially for weapons-based fighters. No worries.

studio810
I don't think it's fucking over fighting game fans, maybe close-minded fighting game fans, this "could" revive fighting games, giving the user new ways to interact with the character. Maybe moving the character on a 3d playing field with the controller, while using the analog control to execute moves. It'll make developers think differently about how people play their games. And I thinks that's a good thing.

In the "Too Poor To Play/Didnt Want to Play Games Anyway" Category:

Ruzbeh
I don't need so many games anyway, only a few every year at most.

genjiZERO
Rev is sweet because if you've got a little bit of disposable income you can easily pick one up.

In the "Missing the Point of owning a GAMING SYSTEM" Category:

cubicle47b
I'll buy a Revolution just to play with the controller

mutsu
For all the others, stick with your typical boring controllers. In PS/PS2/PS3's case, stick with that D-pad that cause you pain for the past and future 10 years.

In the "Dont need games or any form of proof of the systems capacity" category:

Deku
the Revolution looks the best ouf of the 3 next-gen consoles

The Experiment
Dumbass controller or not, I'm still sold on Revolution

Juice
The Revolution seems like pure sex at the moment. Even if a third party game never graces it, I could last 5 years on just one solid game from each of Nintendo's usual suspects for an input scheme so intuitive.

In the "Will use the controller as a sex toy" Category:

koam
Fresh new games, even if they're sequels to older games, the new control will make them feel fresh. By far the best party console, finally something my girlfriend can enjoy.

And Finally, in the "Cannot be bothered to spell out words" category:

Kamille
I think the possibilities of this thing are incredible and I can't wait 2 try it out.

Nick

This thread needs a little more MGS4 fanboys. Seriously, I was dieing just listening to these fools proclaim this game as the next coming of Christ.

teiresias

Haha, good post. As much as I hate Microsoft and would love to see Nintendo knock them out of 2nd place, my hatred of the extremely annoying Nbots is greater and makes me yearn for a 3rd party announcement from Nintendo - even though I'd hate to see it happen.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I admit I've been franticly searching Revolution topics for MAF/Drinky comments.

pollo

Banned
props to you for actually being retarded enough to post something like this.

Im still on the fence about the controller, in fact, I think quite frankly it will be extremely underwhelming and unfun --but going to this extent of damage control is just stupid.

A winner is you.

Timen

meh, pretty poor MAF thread...

like i said before, guys like drinky and maf wouldn't buy a nintendo machine if it came with three bars of solid gold.

Yes a winner IS me, pollo.

And sorry Experiment, but anyone 'sold' on the revolution at this point is a fucking fanboy, if history speaks for the statement or not.

littlewig

Banned
Sgt. Killjoy said:
I like it when PS3 fans get on the defensive, like they are worried or something.

You didn't here, the end is neigh for Sony. MS will first take care of all the "OMG grpahics R AMZAING" people, then when the Revolution comes around all the "OMG IT"S SO CUTE I WNAT!!" people will be taken care of.

All sony will be left with are the people that get hard-ons from boomerrangs and fridge shaped consoles.

MrAngryFace said:

And sorry Experiment, but anyone 'sold' on the revolution at this point is a fucking fanboy, whether history speaks for the statement or not.

I got banned twice for anti-Nintendo propaganda.

I'm sold on it anyway because if you read my other posts, I'm getting all three.

Gattsu25

Banned
Great thread. Was thinking about making one similar to this :lol

MAF: what was your reaction when you first saw/learned about the controller?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
MrAngryFace said:

And sorry Experiment, but anyone 'sold' on the revolution at this point is a fucking fanboy, if history speaks for the statement or not.

that makes no sense.

Gattsu25

Banned
Dr_Cogent said:
Yeah, where the hell is Drinky?
M2_Table%20Cheers.jpg

Actually not much of one at all. I sort of expect Nintendo to make dumb gimmicky things and for their long term fans to eat it up without any games to actually back up the new 'innovations'. Ill wait and see, but I expect failure. Nintendo has given me that much from their consoles since the N64, why should I think different just cause they turned their controller into a giant homoerotic sex toy?

pollo

Banned
MrAngryFace said:
The damage control is always fun cause they all come in and say BAD TROLL MAF YOU ARE NOT GOOD TROLL.

I like you MAF. In fact, I think if everyone thought like you when it came to practical matters outside of gaming this world would be a better place, but the threads do get old. And its not just the bias against nintendo, because if you did the same shit for microsoft or sony itd get old as well.

Now I know this is the prototypical MAF IS GETTING OLD GET NEW MATERIAL post, but seriously, heed some people's advice =/.

MrAngryFace said:
Actually not much of one at all. I sort of expect Nintendo to make dumb gimmicky things and for their long term fans to eat it up without any games to actually back up the new 'innovations'. Ill wait and see, but I expect failure. Nintendo has given me that much from their consoles since the N64, why should I think different just cause they turned their controller into a giant homoerotic sex toy?

That does make the Rev controller inferior. I mean, at leastthe PS3 controller is made for 2 at the same time!

What material? Almost Everything in the original post came from threads created by Nintendo fans.

I cannot help it if Nintendo fans look stupid when you take a second look at what they spew onto the forum.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
MrAngryFace said:
The damage control is always fun cause they all come in and say BAD TROLL MAF YOU ARE NOT GOOD TROLL.

thats not damage control. what kind of discussion are you leading here?

i dont care who you or drinky troll.. it grows quite tiring after a while.

littlewig

Banned
quadriplegicjon said:
thats not damage control. what kind of discussion are you leading here?

i dont care who you or drinky troll.. it grows quite tiring after a while.

OMG, seriously, stop with the damage control, you are only making yourself look even more foolish. - MAF

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
MrAngryFace said:
Quad: Yet you are here, telling me this.

sometimes you do it within other threads.. i saw the title, knew what this was about.. and i thought i'd voice my opinion..

i also dont want to ignore you cause i do like what you have to say on non-gaming matters.

Leatherface

Most people say stupid shit. I can round up some choice qoutes in any category. Who cares? Oh, right. This is a nintendo hate thing right?

Tritroid

It's always great to laugh and ridicule a group of people if the opinions they express are outright retarded.

But doing the same simply because people like something that you don't and then using the overused 'lol look @ teh nbots!1' as a crutch is where this becomes unfunny and tiresome.

Gattsu25

Banned
Despite my best efforts to appear impartial I admit I burst out laughing when I saw the pictures. I expected a gimmick, but one that wouldn't thouroghly discourage ports. On one hand, Sega and Nintendo games for the Rev will be fun.

Who knows, maybe this controller will spark a flame of interest amongst non-gamers and work out well for Nintendo. I don't really expect the gains they receieve to justify the possible losses. Third parties are undoubtedly putting their thinking caps on regarding this move. Their ability to divide their efforts amongst numerous platforms has been crippled...will they choose to gamble along with Nintendo and forge a new market or will they wander along the expensive path of PS3 and X360 support? </idot speak>

I'm honestly interested in how this will further splinter the market. God...thank you Nintendo for the entertainment...

Top Bottom