• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAF Corner: Choice Quotes from Nintendo Fans During TGS

Tony HoTT said:
:lolD :) :) :lol :) :lol :D :D :lol :lol :) :D :lol :lol :) :) :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHATARRATA

MORE LIKE HE SERVES YOU HIS COCKS AND THEY ALL ASPLODE IN YOUR MOUTH AND YOU'RE ALL "YUMMM THIS TASTES GOOD, SERVE ME BREAKFAST AND SPREAD THIS ON MY TOAST MMMMM DELICIUOUS!!!"

GET IT HAHAHAHAHAHA

Love of the MAF is platonic man. You just see how he lays it down to the Nbots, and you watch in awe. No one does it like the MAF/DRInKY connection. You can try to emulate, but you fail. Like you just did there. :lol :lol

Timen

BobbyRobby said:
:lol
Dayumn! You also better get used to being served, cause that is what is gonna happen day in and day out. Serving after serving from the Maffster Master. He will personally serve you breakfast, luch, dinner, but the meals will not be food, but insults, and humiliation. :lol :lol

there still is a little bit of his cum in the corner of your mouth.

Red Scarlet

All Hail C-Webb said:
I personally think that Comic Books, and games like MGS and Splinter Cell are pathetic, and so are the people that use them.

When I see a thread about something like that, I just don't enter it. I don't understand why people who don't like something (that they're not obliged to buy) need to try and ruin it for others.

?!?!??

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Raoul Duke said:
Really, this thread is for archival uses. When this thing tanks, we can handily refer back to this thread and know who to point at and laugh. Really, we'd know that anyhow but this gives us actual quotes to use against people.

Ok, ok, honestly? This thread is about the cognitive dissonance some people are displaying. Come on. It's NINTENDO. Remember all the bold predictions about how the DS was going to change the nature of gaming and it has given us... puppies?

You drinky and Maf remind me of that TV show charmed with the 3 bitches that go around chasing demons. You are like the crap one that quit the show cause no one liked her. saying "woo archive" in any thread is also funny strikeout.

Furthermore The people hating on it so much are pretty much the in the same shitty boat as the blind followers, except that the blind followers at least have positive hands on reviews from pretty much everyone in the media that has touched it to bolster their hope. We haven't seen a single game for this thing yet and since this is "going in the arhive for future ownage" I'll say that I THINK success in the west depends on if this thing really is an innovation for FPS control, if it is and with a good launch game, I think it'll do OK.

I think Drinky and Raoul are just showing their age and failing imagination and MAFs just being a wanker.

oh yeah, I'm buying it :D

EDIT: lol MAF has a boyfriend MAF has a boyfriend

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Now now, boys... you can't truly be sure of who the real Nintendo fans are without consulting the handy Manufacturer Bias Thread -- due for an update any day now.

(Side note: Whether it succeeds or fails, a home gaming system by a major manufacturer with real three dimensional game control is a major step forward. Then again, the Virtual Boy offered a true stereoscopic display, the Atari 5200 had analog joysticks, and the PSX could record video.)

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
MAF's Corner?

Oh dear... seems a little too similar to the O'Reilly Factor. Is there a connection to be made here?

fortified_concept said:
Microsoft had very deep pockets then. Now obviously they don't. Plus Revolution imo is the ultimate alternative console. Gamecube was nothing different than the other two. On the the other hand of course is the notoriously horrible Nintendo marketing and NOE (aka "the morons"). We'll see.

I'm sorry was this serious? Last I checked they were still one of the richest companies in the world.

And I like Nintendo, but it's sad that the best people can say now is Rev may be the "ultimate alternative console". Yikes, remember when they actually tried to compete for the "ultimate console" As someone who grew up on Nintendo, it's sad to see them ceding most gamers to MS and Sony and trying so desperately to find another market that doesn't include them.

Mihail

Banned
shuri said:
Online fps games are gonna be awesome with this controller; all those people, one foot away from the tv screen, shooting point blank.

Sorry to butt in, but I had to point out this idiot. The way they described controlling FPSs involves titlting/rotating the controller for looking and using the analog stick for movement, so I don't see how it would matter how far away from the screen you are.

But nice job using falsities as truth, O'Reilly.

Mihail

Banned
Drinky Crow said:
This is just a backlash by the Nintendo hardcore and the older WACKY JAPPY crowd against Western game design.

I can see Japan possibly embracing it simply because they've been flooded with crappy anime RPGs, big robot properties, and third-rate fanservice fighting games since the SNES era -- they're possibly ready for a change, even to something as ludicrous and trivial as the Revolution. But the West has been in a bit of a design rennaissance thanks to PC developers for some time, and I think Western audiences are quite pleased with the sports titles, FPS titles, RTS titles, and more realistically themed games that originate on our shores -- despite what alienated folks like Dave Halverson and the WACKY JAPPY set might feel.

Isn't Jap and any variation thereof considered racist? I'm not an expert on political corectness so I'm really asking.

Ponn

Banned
DCharlie said:
I will thanks! Enjoy dismissing the revolution! I think it's great that you guys are making sure you rip on it now without seeing any of the games. Awesome displays by everyone.

Don't need to see games, I hate the controller and that matters MOST in gaming. I used a gyration mouse at work on a plasma screen on some computer games including RTS's and FPS and it fucking sucks. You can post "But it's not teh same facking technology!" all you want but it still doesn't change that this is how the whole tracking and tilting is going to work. It's far from accurate using a wider range of motion and will make for dumb downed gameplay to compensate. After the initial slew of mini game titles and games forced to use it the novelty of moving your arm and the controller to "simulate" movement will wear off and you will be left with gimped gameplay that never immersed you in the game to begin with.

A funky controller also means less developers jumping onboard to the revolution. And really, what reason do they have to jump on board and spend development costs on this thing? The DS is a bit easier to get away with doing this type of stuff because they can develop at much lower costs but the gimmicky mini games won't fly on a console. Alot of developers will hold out and see how much home penetration the Revolution can get this generation and going by history and now with this funky controller I don't see how this console can attract consumers away from the familiar and impressive Xbox 360 and PS3 lineup.

Deku

Banned
Revolution doesn't use gyration technology.

The DS is a bit easier to get away with doing this type of stuff because they can develop at much lower costs but the gimmicky mini games won't fly on a console.

Compared to the PS3 and 360 they can still develop for much lower costs on the Revolution. And I'd hardly call a new and probably better way to control entrenched genres like first person shooters and strategy games gimmicky. In fact, I'd say that if 360 fails to catch on and gets stuck in neutral, regardless of if its in #2 or #3 position, it is the console that will suffer the most drop off in support given the costs involved of developing for it without moneybags from MS and it seems like Microsoft is less eager to throw money into a blackhole this gen.

I don't see how this console can attract consumers away from the familiar and impressive Xbox 360 and PS3 lineup.

It's too early to tell, but since you're already jumping to conclusions, I'll say that it will sell quite well and as DCharlie predicted, probably outsell the 360 in Japan.

Deku

Banned
Ponn01 said:
Hey, thanks for playing.
Have you used a revolution controller ponn? Or are you just pulling fake impressions based on a controller based on a different technology and assuming it would be exactly the same?

No, I thank you for being ignorant.

Ponn

Banned
Deku said:
Have you used a revolution controller ponn? Or are you just pulling fake impressions based on a controller based on a different technology and assuming it would be exactly the same?

No, I thank you for being ignorant.

You point controller at screen - check

you move controller while pointed at screen to move objects on screen - check

you tilt controller for added movement - check

Am I missing anything here? Have YOU ever used a gyration mouse or power glove? Their technology for tracking may be new but the concept is not. And I hated every version of this concept and thought it ruined gameplay for games that I liked. Sorry that I can't join in your fapfest but you will just have to be a big man and accept that not everyone is crazy for this. As an add on or accessory I would have been fine with this controller and probably still would have bought a revolution. With this controller forced down my throat if I wanted a Revolution though, forget it.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Mihail said:
Isn't Jap and any variation thereof considered racist? I'm not an expert on political corectness so I'm really asking.
It's just a shortening of a word. I'm from Australia, if you call me an "Aussie" instead of an "Australian" I'm not going to eat your testicles for breakfast. If someone is offended by me calling them a Jap instead of a Japanese, too fucking bad* :p They should only be offended if there was intent to offend.

Drinky Crow said:
This is just a backlash by the Nintendo hardcore and the older WACKY JAPPY crowd against Western game design.

I can see Japan possibly embracing it simply because they've been flooded with crappy anime RPGs, big robot properties, and third-rate fanservice fighting games since the SNES era -- they're possibly ready for a change, even to something as ludicrous and trivial as the Revolution. But the West has been in a bit of a design rennaissance thanks to PC developers for some time, and I think Western audiences are quite pleased with the sports titles, FPS titles, RTS titles, and more realistically themed games that originate on our shores -- despite what alienated folks like Dave Halverson and the WACKY JAPPY set might feel.
uhh... yeah. All those sports games, racing games, FPSes and GTA clones are really exciting and fresh... o_O

"design rennaissance" :lol give me a break

I'm not saying what you mentioned about the Japanese market isn't true, they have their fair share of cookie cutter crap as well. It's called catering to your audience and they love it, just like the western audience love their cookie cutter crap.

*not really, if they didn't like it i wouldn't keep doing it

Deku

Banned
Ponn01 said:
Am I missing anything here? Have YOU ever used a gyration mouse or power glove? Their technology for tracking may be new but the concept is not. And I hated every version of this concept and thought it ruined gameplay for games that I liked. Sorry that I can't join in your fapfest but you will just have to be a big man and accept that not everyone is crazy for this. As an add on or accessory I would have been fine with this controller and probably still would have bought a revolution. With this controller forced down my throat if I wanted a Revolution though, forget it.

My fapfest? oh really? I've not been fawning over the controller like some of the other posters here. But based on everything I read, and knowing your posts history Ponn, I can't help but be very skeptical of your indicment against the controller. Basides people who have actually touched the controller disagree with you. Do I need to go on?

I should point out one more thing.

Your argument is that because older and different technologies didn't work with the concept, therefore, newer and a sensor based technology will still not work. Taking your argumentation to its logical conclusion, technological advacement and trying new technologies to make an old idea work is a hopeless exercise. If that doesn't strike you as idiotic, then you are truly lost.

We get the idea, you're not sold.

Ponn

Banned
Deku said:
My fapfest? oh really? I've not been fawning over the controller like some of the other posters here. But based on everything I read, and knowing your posts history Ponn, I can't help but be very skeptical of your indicment against the controller. Basides people who have actually touched the controller disagree with you. Do I need to go on?

I should point out one more thing.

Your argument is that because older and different technologies didn't work with the concept, therefore, newer and a sensor based technology will still not work. Taking your argumentation to its logical conclusion, technological advacement and trying new technologies to make an old idea work is a hopeless exercise. If that doesn't strike you as idiotic, then you are truly lost.

We get the idea, you're not sold.

Hey doc, thanks for jumping to conclusions on why I didn't like something. I didn't say I never liked those products because of the technology, and how could you even come to that messed up conclusion of yours when I had the Power Glove and the Gyration mouse in my sentence? Two very different technologies from different eras. Wouldn't the correct and most logical conclusion be that I don't like the concept of the controller's and the whole point and movement?

The people that touched the controller and used it are probably pretty hyped about new techonology and some might and probably are biased towards stuff Nintendo puts out anyways so i'm not going to be basing any opinions off of that. Plus the time and play sessions i'm sure were limited, put this in your hand as your main controller for every game on a system after a good 2 weeks or month and then I would love to hear feedback from people.

You are correct about my post history though, I have been very outspoken about the concept of gyros and tilt sensors in the Revolution for very clear reasons that i'm familiar with the concept and do not like it. I was hoping for anything else Nintendo could put out there but alas they went with the one thing that would turn me completely away from their console so that's that.

And i'm sorry that you feel the need to call people idiots for disagreeing with your opinion even though they gave you well thought out reasons for hating it.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
BobbyRobby said:
MrAngryFace said:
You should be used to it. Being wrong I mean.

:lol
Dayumn! You also better get used to being served, cause that is what is gonna happen day in and day out. Serving after serving from the Maffster Master. He will personally serve you breakfast, luch, dinner, but the meals will not be food, but insults, and humiliation. :lol :lol

BobbyRobby said:
Love of the MAF is platonic man. You just see how he lays it down to the Nbots, and you watch in awe. No one does it like the MAF/DRInKY connection. You can try to emulate, but you fail. Like you just did there. :lol :lol

i think i was wrong mr. maf. he doesnt want to be your sidekick.. he wants to stick it in your pooper.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
MrAngryFace said:
NO SPIN ZONE! NAME AND TOWN NAME AND TOWN NAME AND TOWN!
english mother fucker. do you speak it?
samuel_l_jackson.jpg

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
speedpop said:
Creating a console that focuses itself entirely on this controller means it forces dev's to create games for it or not at all.

If they do give a flying turd about it though. One thing is the tech fan and the game fan which wants the system for those games as well as the other systems as he/she is just such a game fanatic, but unless Revolutions sells very well I do not know how many developers will feel very forced. I do not think the only thing about Revolution is its controller... or at least I hope so, I would want a system that can technically compete well against the horsepower of the other two machines which as you have seen so far can put a lot of performance in areas beyond graphics and areas that are processor intensive.

Sure, Nintendo might put it "either you focus on this new controller as we want or you do not get to play with Revolution at all"... you know it is like Dodge saying "either you learn to drive this Neon with our two-pedals clutch system or you walk out of here!"...

I think this controller can have some very cool uses and as I did with the N64 and the GCN I will probably get it for Nintendo games alone, but I am not your mainstream gamer... will the masses be enchanted by this new controller... ? Maybe, but then maybe not. It would help them greatly IMHO if instead of a Shell add-on they developed a full Wavebird 2 with motion sensing (gyroscopes and the BlueTooth based system) integrated ina regular suzed controller.

I do not know how heavvy is this new controller and how heavvy and weight balanced the empty shell you attach it to is, but generally I am against that kind of solutions to make the controller "regular" (empty shell in which you plug a remote-controller like device): it could feel a bit weird, but hopefully it won't be wierd at all.

Raoul Duke said:
Really, this thread is for archival uses. When this thing tanks, we can handily refer back to this thread and know who to point at and laugh. Really, we'd know that anyhow but this gives us actual quotes to use against people.

Ok, ok, honestly? This thread is about the cognitive dissonance some people are displaying. Come on. It's NINTENDO. Remember all the bold predictions about how the DS was going to change the nature of gaming and it has given us... puppies?

I don't want to get embroiled in a debate over the DS and its features, but those puppies have sold 1.25 million copies worldwide so far, whether they've done anything revolutionory or not. Nintendo must have done something right.

Tony HoTT

Banned
BobbyRobby said:

That wasn't emulation I was just fuckin around. I will try my hand at emulation later.

Triumph

Banned
AndoCalrissian said:
I don't want to get embroiled in a debate over the DS and its features, but those puppies have sold 1.25 million copies worldwide so far, whether they've done anything revolutionory or not. Nintendo must have done something right.
No. It's Nintendo. They are incapable of doing anything right, and history will be on my side of this argument.

Also, all the people saying this is gonna be great for FPS games... exactly WHAT FPS games does Nintendo have? Metroid Prime with "Hot Lock on Action"? Geist? :lol

MrDaravon

Zylander said:
"Date Posted: 9/15 11:16pm Subject: I bet Rare, Silicon Knights, Factor 5 are kicking themselves right now.
I guarantee you that these developers would love to make games for the Revolution now. I guess Factor 5 and Silicon Knights still can, but Rare can't.

Can you imagine Perfect Dark Zero on this system?

Splooge!!!!!"

Seriously, who the fuck actually SAYS splooge? And not only did he say it, he said it with GREAT VIGOR.

I wonder what Gamefaqs is like, but I'm afraid to look.

Raoul Duke said:
No. It's Nintendo. They are incapable of doing anything right, and history will be on my side of this argument.
replace "History" with "only fucking retards" and you might have a point

Saying nintendo cant do anything right is like saying EA is unsucessful or that Sony doesnt have a following. Stop trolling and add something interesting to the discussion for once

Triumph

Banned
Suburban Cowboy said:
replace "History" with "only fucking retards" and you might have a point

Saying nintendo cant do anything right is like saying EA is unsucessful or that Sony doesnt have a following. Stop trolling and add something interesting to the discussion for once
OMG someone with a Yoshi avatar doesn't like the fact that Nitendo has had a constant stream of mediocrity for ten years! Also, that I'm pointing it out!

WELL I NEVER

Chrono

Banned
Raoul Duke said:
OMG someone with a Yoshi avatar doesn't like the fact that Nitendo has had a constant stream of mediocrity for ten years! Also, that I'm pointing it out!

WELL I NEVER

It's always funny reading your posts. You try so hard and never succeed. Yet you continue and never give up. :lol

masud

Banned
Raoul Duke said:

WELL I NEVER

:lol Archive thread indeed.

cvxfreak

I personally find GAF to be a jynx when it comes to gauging the popularity of videogame systems.

The Revolution is as good as successful. Keep being anti-Nintendo people.

Mihail

Banned
Raoul Duke said:

WELL I NEVER
Why be such a hypocrite? At the slight risk of you being a Bush fan, did you like it when Sean Hannity or some bastard like that said "A liberal doesn't like that I'm pointing out Kerry has a record of flip-flops and weak policy?"

No, you didn't like it. You probably thought to yourself "That's a BS argument." So stop being an asshat. A bunch of you here like to act like your existence is more precious than someone else's, or that you're more enlightened to the truth of things than others. Stop being so damn full of yourselves.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Raoul Duke said:
doesn't like the fact that Nitendo has had a constant stream of mediocrity for ten years!

Wait a second... while they haven't been the market leader for 10 years, I think most gamers would argue against them being "mediocre". I mean, they did give us Wario Ware...

Top Bottom