• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAF Corner: Choice Quotes from Nintendo Fans During TGS

I dont know who's worse, all the people that said those quotes or the person who went to all the trouble for searching through all the Rev threads and collecting them. Either way it's a big waste of time.

Mihail

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:
It's really sad that people spend time acting like a bunch of Democrats and dissecting anything a Nintendo fan has to say so they can spin it to make them look dumb.

I don't get why it's perfectly acceptable around here to be excited for one thing but not for another. The hypocrisy of this place is disgusting. The likes of MAF, Raoul, and Drinky are just a bunch of old and tired jokes. The novelty of a troll was fine for a while, but now it's just getting a bit old.

Let the excited gamers be excited, there's no need to troll. Raining on the parade EVERY TIME is just unecessary. If Nintendo sucks so bad, you have no reason to feel threatened, so just let them be.

Democrats? They're acting exactly like the Bush camp did. They've got a perfect system going. They've established that anything they say is based on solid fact and rational thought while any objections made to their claims are purely the delusional ramblings of whiny fanboys. Even though you made a valid point, your post won't be addressed because it's just seen as childish Nintendo fanboy complaining.

It's exactly how the Republicans systematically broke down the Kerry campaign and any notion of Democrat party unity.

I give them credit as strategists, but they're still bastards -- both groups.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Whoah whoah whoah. Let's not let this thread get derailed into some sort of political banter.

I like it where it's at thank you very much.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Drinky Crow said:
One joke account lost; three to go! CAN YOU GUESS WHO'S DRINKY CROW?

The fun never ends at GAF!

EDIT: I wish I was as rich as Ann Coulter. :(

i actually liked the narrator. :(

hmm.. maf?

wario64?

quadriplegicjon?

waychel?

Holy shit some of you take a fun place like this too seriously. Unanimous adoration or condemnation is not good discussion. Good discussion requires opposition. And some people express their opinion with a stronger, more aggressive voice.

Get pissed off and argue back! It's more entertaining than whining about it.

Chrono

Banned
BobbyRobby said:
Holy Shit, POST OF THE YEAR!!!!!!

MAF, you are a god!

BobbyRobby said:
Oh damn, you just got served Quad!

Ugh. You guys know when you read/see something so embarrassing/self-humiliating you start to feel as if you're in that position? Those posts were painful. :lol

Gattsu25

Banned
Duck of Death said:
Holy shit some of you take a fun place like this too seriously. Unanimous adoration or condemnation is not good discussion. Good discussion requires opposition. And some people express their opinion with a stronger, more aggressive voice.

I'm more of a passive person...

Duck of Death said:

The problem remains, for the last 6 months it has been impossible to simply discuss a DS game or future game without the same group of people derailing the thread. It's getting old. Is it really worth the arguement? It's more than obvious that Drinky and his cronies are just as bias as the worst xbots or nintend00ds.

MAF *is* the best, Chrono. RESPECT. Get on the MAFwagon or get left behind in Chumpsville with the rest of Revolution remote apologist crowd!

IJoel

Well, at least it doesn't look like a Fisher Price toy.

gamecube_controller.jpg

SEE!? NOT ALL IS NEGATIVE!

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
flarkminator said:
Hi, I have Carpel Tunnel in my wrists. I have to use a special keyboard in order to type. I'm not looking forward to the new controller, even watching the video hurt my wrists =(

You said you had Carpel Tunnel, not that you were fucking blind.
The Revolution will support normal controllers aswell. You won't be able to enjoy the unique aspects of the Revolution controller, but (not trying to sound like a dick), there are probably alot of other things you can't enjoy because of your condition. You can't expect the market to cater to you when you are part of a very small minority. Anyway, you haven't even tried it yet, it might not be that bad on your wrists.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Yossarian said:
I can play that game too: Anyone not bashing the Revolution controller touches children in inappropriate ways.

Because that makes alot of sense.
Why don't you provide some thought out reasons as to why the revolution controller sucks (keeping in mind that you can also use the GC controller, and whatever else Nintendo plans on releasing to make playing 3rd party games easier).

All Hail C-Webb said:
You said you had Carpel Tunnel, not that you were fucking blind.
The Revolution will support normal controllers aswell. You won't be able to enjoy the unique aspects of the Revolution controller, but (not trying to sound like a dick), there are probably alot of other things you can't enjoy because of your condition. You can't expect the market to cater to you when you are part of a very small minority. Anyway, you haven't even tried it yet, it might not be that bad on your wrists.

But you said that anyone who doesn't appreciate the controller was fat and lazy, I was just trying to say that thats not 100% the case with everyone. I'm apprehensive. I certainly will give it a try but it may limit how long I can play games on the Rev, which will suck.

Taichu

grinlist8fp.gif

Look at them all through the darkness I'm bringing. They're not sad at all. They're actually singing!

They sing without specs!
They sing without software!
They sing without X buttons, Y buttons, and LR triggers!

If they go back to preschool maybe I can bully them for lunch money so I can get a copy of Mega Man 8 too!

Do you still have that image with all the inane N64 excuses around? That's classic, and it's more pertinent now more than ever.

Mihail

Banned
Lol, yeah. Remember the N64? It had all the colorful games for preschoolers. Haha. What a feminine system. I don't even think it had games with big swords. Lol!

EDIT: Lol!

Mihail

Banned
MrAngryFace said:

Haha. That's great. Seriously, some of those excuses are pathetic. Probably most of them, now that I think about it...

Why would those preschoolers even try to use them? Lol, probably 'cause they didn't even reach regular school. Lol!

Taichu said:
grinlist8fp.gif

Look at them all through the darkness I'm bringing. They're not sad at all. They're actually singing!

They sing without software!
They sing without specs!
They sing without buttons marked LR or X!

Fixed.

Porridge

Remember when his pasty, typically nerdish mug was posted on here? Please post it again so I may create the ultimate photoshop picture.

Porridge

Drinky Crow said:
Remember when I banned folks for attacking posters personally instead of their posts? Yeah, I can do that again.

Yes, flex that internet muscle. I'm trying to have a bit of fun Dinky, don't get all uppity.

Mihail

Banned
littlewig said:
When did this thread become one big circle jerk? :lol
Lol! Solo jerking is for preschoolers! Maybe when you become an adult, you Nintendo fanboy, we'll invite you to jerk with us... NOT! Lol! Pwned! Lol! Preschool!

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Haha. That's great. Seriously, some of those excuses are pathetic. Probably most of them, now that I think about it... Why would those preschoolers even try to use them? Lol, probably 'cause they didn't even reach regular school. Lol!

warm_cup_STFU.jpg

You guys try too hard. Remember, we arent laughing with you, were laughing at you.

Amir0x

Banned
Wow, it's like MAF has a early release of Nintendo's remote control and is using it to reel in gullible Nbots in a hypothetical fishing demonstration!

koam

I wish Nintendo released a controller for DrinkyCow's posts; maybe then we'd get something new instead of the same recycled posts ported from one thread to the next.

Question
When did this thread become one big circle jerk?

Answer
In the "Do These People Even PLAY Fighting Games?" Catagory:

The irony is that if someone mocks a Sony product ever so slighty, they're banned. Microsoft and especially Nintendo are endorsed. I'm a Nintendo and Sony fan but there's certain Sony-fanboys that give this message board a really bad name.

Triumph

Banned
Hey there guys, I too have been making a list and laughing at it twice. These are all fairly self-explanitory.

littlewig said:
Seems like Nintendo has next gen safely secured, new king of gaming folks.

norinrad21 said:
AWESOME vidoe. WOW just fucking awesome....imagine the possibilities.

hey looks like Nintendo is forcing those useless 3rd parties to be creative and even if they ditch the Rev like the did with the Cube, Nintendo will be fine. All we need is the exclusives and we always get them some how.

AWESOME video.

RE5 won't be the same as on the PS3/360. The Rev version will be the one to look out for.

Alcibiades/Efralope/The Dumbest Person Allowed to Post on these Forums said:
I was reading this thread backwards and there was all this positive feedback and stuff... then I clicked on the 1st page and it was all attacks, laughing, and border-line trolling...

It's interesting that a few Nintendo haters went right for the kill, but overall those that thought about it for a few minutes and read impressions actually responded cautiously optimistic...

I for one and proud and happy about this new step in gaming, and think that Nintendo IS going to competely revolutionize gaming like never before... all of a sudden, more GTA, Madden, and Halo is looking pretty redundant (and I mean that as a general feeling towards most games of yesterday and today, even Nintendo's like Mario and Zelda)... sure the past was great, but now I'm ready to move into the future...

I truly hope Nintendo goes hi-def though, I don't see a reason not to make it an option for developers... I also hope there is a traditional add-on so games like RE5 can be played on it...

If Nintendo can have it's cake and eat it too, then why not... original library + regular 3rd party would really make them unstoppable next gen, and not only would they bring in open-minded gamers and a new audience, but could capture the traditional gaming audience with the lure of having the best of everything...

I'm very happy for Nintendo... that said, it would be absolute heaven to have the future (new revolutionary gameplay) and the past (NES->GCN), and the present (Madden, GTA, RE5, etc...)... though I have a feeling with this new design and determination, the present (including 360 & PS3) will very quickly fade into the past.

Good job Nintendo, almost brings a tear to my eye... I'm probably going to sit down and think about this slowly... just the potentional of what's to come is hard to explain with simple words...

:lol

emot-yawn.gif

I forgot about this thread...

reading all of the really enthusiastic posts about the controller has taken up a fair chunk of my forum-browsing. Oh well. C'est la vie.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
MAF was being NICE.

The shit over in that Revolution controller thread is THE MOST INSANE DENIAL EVER ON GAF. Some of the things being said there almost defy comprehension.

I can now plainly state that the same people would have been just as positive about the Virtual Boy.

PS3 fans mocked the controller and begged for a redesign.
360 fans tore PDZ a new one.
PSP fans were mildly irritated by the sticky square button.

You guys HAVE to step up to the plate and realize it is fucking stupid or you will be stuck with it, and NO THIRD PARTY SUPPORT. Or girlfriends.

Here's the modifier. THE CONTROLLER ITSELF IS A NEAT IDEA FOR A ONE-TIME PERIPHERAL, NOT A DEFAULT CONTROLLER.

Top Bottom