• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAF Corner: Choice Quotes from Nintendo Fans During TGS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

nuke.jpg

nuclear-explosion.gif

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
the revolution thread is such a solid block of crazy that it's difficult to appreciate the craziness of individual posts. this thread gives us new perspective. like...what the hell is juice talking about? is he joking? or is he just crazy? THESE ARE THE KINDS OF QUESTIONS THIS THREAD RAISES.

Old & Busted:

Hey guys, how about that GoldenEye!
Goldeneye ROCKS.
WAIT TIL SPACEWORLD

New Hotness:

MAF's post above. :lol

The N fans here have changed only in name only over the years, and some not even that much.

We don't even know the specs yet. It could be really underwhelming, but it doesn't seem to matter because of the REVOLUTIONARY NEW INTERFACE! I've got this feeling Nintendo just wants to move console gaming toward the model of the GBA/DS, where games are cheap to make and sell well to a near-captive audience, hoping for a breakout IP like Pokemon was to maintain and increase their marketshare.

Kroole

Fragamemnon said:
We don't even know the specs yet. It could be really underwhelming, but it doesn't seem to matter because of the REVOLUTIONARY NEW INTERFACE! I've got this feeling Nintendo just wants to move console gaming toward the model of the GBA/DS, where games are cheap to make and sell well to a near-captive audience, hoping for a breakout IP like Pokemon was to maintain and increase their marketshare.

You're right. The specs are not known. What is known however is that it will have all the classic Nintendo games and some of them will be online.

That's enough for me while it's underwhelming for others. Don't see anything wrong with that.

Ruzbeh

Banned
Yesss. I'm included! :D
sonycowboy said:
It was a wild night wasn't it?

Shock, horror, disgust, ridicule, defense, acceptance, excitement, salvation, delusion.
Well, didn'ya hear? Nintendo = doomed. Of course!

----

Banned
I happen to think the revolution controller is an interesting idea, but those quotes are all moronic/embarassing. Some of those quotes even confirm my assumption that a lot of people who post here are not serious gamers. Who says something like "well I don't need so many games anyway" and "1 game a year for 5 years is enough" ??? And then there's the people proclaiming the system as the greatest thing ever without even seeing a single screenshot or having even a single game announced for the console. What is wrong with these people? Who refers to a normal video game controller as too "boring?"

As neato as I think this invention is, I also think it's now placed Nintendo into a completely different gaming category than Xbox and Playstation. If anything with a relatively cheap $180 gesture recognition game system Nintendo is more competing now with XaviX than they are with Sony and their $400+ monolith.

Seriously the company that has to be most upset by the Nintendo Revolution has to be XaviX

Kroole said:
You're right. The specs are not known. What is known however is that it will have all the classic Nintendo games and some of them will be online.

Is that enough though? I mean that was a given anyway, but Nintendo may be heading down the same path as N64/GC again (limited third-party support, great first-party stuff). I mean, if I'm playing Zelda and Mario in 2007 on slightly better than GC graphics in 480p in 4:3 format, I will be plenty dissapointed. *Prays for HD support*

Kroole

Well it's enough for me as I also plan on buying a PS3. If only 1st part franchises are going to make use of the Rev's features (which we don't know anything about) then I can understand why others feel it's a waste of money.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
I think the Revolution is not really geared toward us hardcore gamers in general. I think that the big N is focusing on the untapped casual market myself.

Dr_Cogent said:
I think the Revolution is not really geared toward us hardcore gamers in general. I think that the big N is focusing on the untapped casual market myself.

I agree, but I'd also say that the untapped casual market is unpredictable, picky, and, to a large extent, somewhat ephemeral. There is a certain logic in trying to open up the market some, but there is a much more certain insanity trying to go about it with something to bizzare and unfamiliar.

Dr_Cogent said:

Exactly. That's why I don't understand why people on this board are excited about it. Unless they like more simplistic games aimed at 7 y.old girls and 70 year old geriatrics

=W=

MrAngryFace said:
Kroole

Not to advocate piracy, but what youve just mentioned has been doable for quite some time now.
How is this not advocating piracy?

"Not to support piracy, but you can pirate those so you don't have to buy a Revolution."

But I somewhat agree, people sold on the Revolution without seeing a single game yet are kooky.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
=W= said:
How is this not advocating piracy?

"Not to support piracy, but you can pirate those so you don't have to buy a Revolution."

But I somewhat agree, people sold on the Revolution without seeing a single game yet are kooky.

eh. people were sold on the ps3 and xbox360 before they saw any games.. its just the way some people work.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
MrAngryFace said:
I was the original, dont doubt me sir!!!!!!! Really! I was!

You'll always be no. 1 to me for your Tech Romancer reccomendation.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Wakune said:
Despite my best efforts to appear impartial I admit I burst out laughing when I saw the pictures. I expected a gimmick, but one that wouldn't thouroghly discourage ports. On one hand, Sega and Nintendo games for the Rev will be fun.

Who knows, maybe this controller will spark a flame of interest amongst non-gamers and work out well for Nintendo. I don't really expect the gains they receieve to justify the possible losses. Third parties are undoubtedly putting their thinking caps on regarding this move. Their ability to divide their efforts amongst numerous platforms has been crippled...will they choose to gamble along with Nintendo and forge a new market or will they wander along the expensive path of PS3 and X360 support? </idot speak>

I'm honestly interested in how this will further splinter the market. God...thank you Nintendo for the entertainment...

You are a retard. The Revolution supports normal controlllers, a variant of the wavebird will probably come with the system.

Anyone bashing the Revolution controller is either retarded like yourself, or so fucking fat and lazy that they fear they won't be able to play games for more than 5 minutes, as opposed to their typical 8 hour marathon sessions.

All Hail C-Webb said:
You are a retard. The Revolution supports normal controlllers, a variant of the wavebird will probably come with the system.

Anyone bashing the Revolution controller is either retarded like yourself, or so fucking fat and lazy that they fear they won't be able to play games for more than 5 minutes, as opposed to their typical 8 hour marathon sessions.

Hi, I have Carpel Tunnel in my wrists. I have to use a special keyboard in order to type. I'm not looking forward to the new controller, even watching the video hurt my wrists =(

Yossarian

All Hail C-Webb said:

I can play that game too: Anyone not bashing the Revolution controller touches children in inappropriate ways.

The thread gets the DRINKY CROW SEAL OF APPROVAL.

That said, I can't imagine anything funnier than some fat Nintendo fan waving the remote around making swoosh noices while he pretends he's Link. Half of the apes that posted the original remarks would shit their asspants for a "Master Sword" variant of the remote.

Nintendo fanboys really don't know what they want, so they'll take whatever non-sequitur control device Nintendo throws at them and run with it. Contrary to the poor damage control attempts that tried to paint the analog sticks as an equivalent innovation (rather than an obvious evolution that no-one complained about), the remote is really a very silly and gimmicky attempt by Nintendo to strictly differentiate themselves from the competition. This works great for the jaded Nintendo crowd, because they haven't really been comfortable with videogaming since Sony took over, and they'll latch onto ANY excuse that might offer a brief rekindling of their narrow-minded interest.

I think there will be a lot of fun to be had with the controller. I think Nintendo has pretty much recognized that they're no longer in direct competition with Sony so they are taking another route. Personally, I think Japan could be all over this is the technology works well and there is software to support it. The US market, on the other hand, will ignore it for the most part, with the exception of the hardcore Nintendo crowd. To me, it has the same appeal as the DS: Non traditional games.

SantaC

Is this something to get riled up over that it needs its own thread? Some people are excited, forbid them :|

Mihail

Banned
Drinky Crow said:
The thread gets the DRINKY CROW SEAL OF APPROVAL.

That said, I can't imagine anything funnier than some fat Nintendo fan waving the remote around making swoosh noices while he pretends he's Link. Half of the apes that posted the original remarks would shit their asspants for a "Master Sword" variant of the remote.

Nintendo fanboys really don't know what they want, so they'll take whatever non-sequitur control device Nintendo throws at them and run with it. Contrary to the poor damage control attempts that tried to paint the analog sticks as an equivalent innovation (rather than an obvious evolution that no-one complained about), the remote is really a very silly and gimmicky attempt by Nintendo to strictly differentiate themselves from the competition. This works great for the jaded Nintendo crowd, because they haven't really been comfortable with videogaming since Sony took over, and they'll latch onto ANY excuse that might offer a brief rekindling of their narrow-minded interest.

Hot damn, I never noticed before -- you are the male Ann Coulter.

Jeff-DSA

It's really sad that people spend time acting like a bunch of Democrats and dissecting anything a Nintendo fan has to say so they can spin it to make them look dumb.

I don't get why it's perfectly acceptable around here to be excited for one thing but not for another. The hypocrisy of this place is disgusting. The likes of MAF, Raoul, and Drinky are just a bunch of old and tired jokes. The novelty of a troll was fine for a while, but now it's just getting a bit old.

Let the excited gamers be excited, there's no need to troll. Raining on the parade EVERY TIME is just unecessary. If Nintendo sucks so bad, you have no reason to feel threatened, so just let them be.

One joke account lost; three to go! CAN YOU GUESS WHO'S DRINKY CROW?

The fun never ends at GAF!

EDIT: I wish I was as rich as Ann Coulter. :(

Jeff,

If you don't like negativity, I can suggest a number of men's drum circles you can join. Until then, this is a public forum for the exchange of opinion, and negativity will always be your unloved but faithful companion.

Jeff-DSA

Drinky Crow said:
Jeff,

If you don't like negativity, I can suggest a number of men's drum circles you can join. Until then, this is a public forum for the exchange of opinion, and negativity will always be your unloved but faithful companion.

I don't mind the exchange of opinion, but the constant degradation of threads gets old.

Top Bottom