• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 20, 2016 (May 16 - May 22)

19./11. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf [Nintendo Selects] <ETC> (Nintendo) {2016.03.17} (¥2.700) - 2.831 / 49.841 <60-80%> (-13%)

Animal Crossing Mobile is going to push New Leaf even further.

Is it very far from 6 million?

horuhe

This week's releases

{2016.05.24}

[PS4] Overwatch <ACT> (Square Enix) (¥7.800)
hEQt6YF.jpg

siuVKBj.jpg

{2016.05.26}

[PSV] Cladun Sengoku <RPG> (Nippon Ichi Software) (¥4.800)

[PSV] Sangoku Hime 4: Tenka Ryouran - Tenmei no Koi Emaki <SLG> (SystemSoft Alpha) (¥6.500)

[PSV] Kyoukai no Shirayuki # <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥6.300)

[PSV] SA7: Silent Ability Seven # <ADV> (Future Tech Lab) (¥5.800)

[PS4] [PS3] Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator # <FTG> (Arc System Works) (¥6.800)

{2016.05.27}

[PS4] [PSV] [PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes II: Futago no Ou to Yogen no Owari <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥6.800)

More on Dragon Quest Heores II ads at Shinjuku Station, here in this thread.

------------

This week has been very slow in term of sales. However, pre-orders are really something taking into account. At Santy Shop, they are advertising some of the games that are close to release.

Ace Attorney 6, Taiko Drum Master and Story of Seasons.

Others as Mario and Sonic for Wii U or Culdcept.

In Takarajima Stores, Persona 5 and Yo-Kai Watch 3 were the main topic.

------------

Maybe horuhe could shine some light on the stock situation? I don't think the shortages ever ended (though Nintendo did ship more units for the GW). Given the super low shipment target for the FY, it's clear they're not really interested in shipping more than they are right now.

Shortages never ended and are not closely to end, as far as I can tell. We're are talking about 800k units shipped worldwide, and presumably around 300k for Japan, so that's around from 5k to 6k for weekly shipments to clear.

There is stock at some shops, at others there isn't. The Mario Maker Set is the most shipped SKU, so it will be the only game to be influenced by Wii U shipments, not as some folks said that about Splatoon. Splatoon will sell, at least in the short term, even if Wii U isn't being produced anymore.

Something I think it could affect Splatoon sales is the release of Overwatch. There is some interest in the game, especially from students. The game was very popular among those high school students, and they could probably shift from Splatoon to Overwatch. Of course, I'm not saying Splatoon will stop selling suddenly. Here in this blog, in fact, it is said something like that.

http://www.nariyukigame.com/archives/48685696.html

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Were people expecting even more than 84% drop for Uncharted 4?

Uncharted doesn't have legs anymore, it depends what anyone expects.

Media Create Sales: Week 45, 2011 (Nov 07 - Nov 13)

11./02. [PS3] Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception # <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2011.11.02} (¥5.695) - 16.150 / 141.139 (-87%)

Famitsu Sales: Week 46, 2011 (Nov 07 - Nov 13)

11./03. [PS3] Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception # <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2011.11.02} (¥5.695) - 19.044 / 141.596 (-84%)

Media Create Sales: Week 20, 2016 (May 16 - May 22)

01./01. [PS4] Uncharted 4: A Thief's End # <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2016.05.10} (¥7.900) - 21.155 / 149.879 (-84%)

Famitsu Sales: Week 21, 2016 (May 16 - May 22)

01./01. [PS4] Uncharted 4: A Thief's End # <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2016.05.10} (¥7.900) - 20.304 / 144.332 <80-100%> (-84%)

19./11. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf [Nintendo Selects] <ETC> (Nintendo) {2016.03.17} (¥2.700) - 2.831 / 49.841 <60-80%> (-13%)

Animal Crossing Mobile is going to push New Leaf even further.

Is it very far from 6 million?

it depends how "far" is for you around 1mln...

how is ps4 tracking against vita within the same time frame? I really feel like their numbers are similar to when vita was being mocked for similar figures

Oregano

Considering it was delayed because of low preorders... Bit difficult to believe so.

A game that was delayed becuase of low preorders will hardly prove prove something wrong.

Well does delaying because of low preorders even make sense? It'd only make sense to me if Vita was getting a price drop or something and they wanted to schedule it with that but it seems doubtful.

Either way I expect it to handily beat Kenka Bancho 6 in sales.

hiska-kun

Boring week, so here some graph:

PS4
ps4_zpsrde1rtqq.jpg

XB1
xbox_zpsjndmmsz5.jpg

Mario & Sonic At Rio is falling behind after a poor Golden Week
sonicmario_zpsxkwvakdm.jpg

Joker 3 terrible legs
dragonquestjoker_zps68undcyd.jpg

Splatoon-Mario Kart-Mario Maker
mariomakerfinal_zpsrknzamgn.jpg

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Well does delaying because of low preorders even make sense? It'd only make sense to me if Vita was getting a price drop or something and they wanted to schedule it with that but it seems doubtful.

The company stated the reason of delay was low preorders number, so what are you arguing.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
If low anticipated sales don't make sense for the delay of a game what makes sense anyway. Unless they prefered to say such a lie and hurt the title because of some secret plan.

test_account

XP-39C²
I'm aware of what they said, I just find it hard to take at face value because it doesn't make a great amount of sense.
If i remember correctly, they said that they wanted to improve on the quality of the game. Basically that if the game is being improved on, that it would spark more interest.

mao2

I'm aware of what they said, I just find it hard to take at face value because it doesn't make a great amount of sense.
I guess you can delay a game and try to generate more buzz during that time. Marvelous reduced the price of Uppers by about 2,000yen so that might help a bit, but man looking at Amazon Japan, both versions are ranked below No.5,000. For comparison, Kenka Bancho 6 which was released last year is currently at No.1,097 LOL.

EGM1966

Homefront over Doom - Japan continues to troll Western tastes!

Pretty weak week.... PS4 back below 20k and XB1 back to double digits. Honestly you'd think MS would literally buy a 100 a week themselves just to keep it in triple digits. Petty cash would cover it and they could give 'em away in promotions/competitions.

I know that suggestion is daft it's just amazing to see a product tracked with such low sales as to barely matter.

jett

D-Member
03./00. [PS4] Homefront: The Revolution <ACT> (Spike Chunsoft) {2016.05.19} (¥7.980) - 9.422 / NEW

07./00. [PS4] Doom <ACT> (Bethesda Softworks) {2016.05.19} (¥7.980) - 6.164 / NEW

Shame-Bell-Lady-From-Game-Thrones.gif

sense

Welp, we've reached the dead-end territory of everything below 20k.

Next handheld, save us!

I guess you have been waiting a long time to use that everything below 20k comment :)
it will most likely pick back up from next week

Madao

Boring week, so here some graph:

PS4
ps4_zpsrde1rtqq.jpg

XB1
xbox_zpsjndmmsz5.jpg

Mario & Sonic At Rio is falling behind after a poor Golden Week
sonicmario_zpsxkwvakdm.jpg

Joker 3 terrible legs
dragonquestjoker_zps68undcyd.jpg

Splatoon-Mario Kart-Mario Maker
mariomakerfinal_zpsrknzamgn.jpg

at that rate, the PS4 is gonna fall quite far behind the PS3 once it reaches the slim.

this also reminds me that we're approaching the time when the last gen HD consoles really took off worldwide and current gen is not gonna look so good anymore.

Vena

I guess you have been waiting a long time to use that everything below 20k comment :)
it will most likely pick back up from next week

Nah. I could have made that comment at any time over the last few weeks, just hovering over 20k doesn't really change anything. :p

Oregano

If low anticipated sales don't make sense for the delay of a game what makes sense anyway. Unless they prefered to say such a lie and hurt the title because of some secret plan.

But the delays hurts anyway. Surely it would make sense to just get the game out there rather than dragging it out.

If i remember correctly, they said that they wanted to improve on the quality of the game. Basically that if the game is being improved on, that it would spark more interest.

Well the game being not up to snuff seems like a much better reason to delay.

I guess you can delay a game and try to generate more buzz during that time. Marvelous reduced the price of Uppers by about 2,000yen so that might help a bit, but man looking at Amazon Japan, both versions are ranked below No.5,000. For comparison, Kenka Bancho 6 which was released last year is currently at No.1,097 LOL.

Reducing the price is definitely not a good sign. I'd be surprised if it did that badly though. Kenka Bancho 6 sales aren't exactly a high bar.

at that rate, the PS4 is gonna fall quite far behind the PS3 once it reaches the slim.

this also reminds me that we're approaching the time when the last gen HD consoles really took off worldwide and current gen is not gonna look so good anymore.

PS4 will receive VR, NEO, another price cut and some big titles this fall. So it will also get some big bumps this fall. We shall see if they are enough to keep it in pace with PS3 but I don't think it will fall far behind PS3. As for WW sales Sony forecasts 20 million shipped for PS4 this FY. PS3 shipped 13 million FY2010 so PS4 will continue to widen the gap by pretty huge amounts. Xbox One might have harder time against X360 that is true.

Ōkami

You know that old saying, old times were better?

Well, old times.

Famitsu Week 21 2006 (May 15 - 21)
  1. [PS2] .hack//G.U. Vol. 1: 76.395
  2. [NDS] Tetris DS: 50.344
  3. [NDS] Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day: 49.154
  4. [PS2] Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007: 47.939
  5. [NDS] Animal Crossing: Wild World: 31.802
  6. [NDS] Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day: 30.832
  7. [PS2] Powerful Major League 29.998
Famitsu Week 20 1996 (May 13-19)
  1. [SFC] Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War: 228.578
  2. [SAT ] Super Real Mahjong PVI: 38.611
  3. [SAT] Nonomura Byoin no Hitobito: 28.880
  4. [PS1] Resident Evil: 26.182
  5. [PS1] Tekken 2: 21.545

Also, on Famitsu this is the worst week ever for hardware, will wait for Dengeki to comment on software.

Top Bottom