• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymphae

Banned
I support this. One free username and avatar change per year. After that, $500

edit: oops, missed the decimal. Aw fuck it, it looks funnier that way

One per year is still too much, the idea is to give you a single chance to fix a mistake you might have made. After that it's an indecision tax every time you feel like reinventing yourself.

I'd actually be all for a change like what Nymphae Nymphae suggested. But then again I wouldn't be opposed to a fee for sign up too. Would (hopefully) cut out a lot of the bullshit fanyboyism stuff we are seeing too much of.

People might treat their accounts with a bit more respect that way. Rather than making that one teraflop joke that exists.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I'd actually be all for a change like what Nymphae Nymphae suggested. But then again I wouldn't be opposed to a fee for sign up too. Would (hopefully) cut out a lot of the bullshit fanyboyism stuff we are seeing too much of.

People might treat their accounts with a bit more respect that way. Rather than making that one teraflop joke that exists.
I think barrier of entry like that would probably stifle community growth and end up doing more damage in the long run.

I think barrier of entry like that would probably stifle community growth and end up doing more damage in the long run.
Yeah that was what I have just been trying to figure out in my head. There are definitely pros and cons there, but you're right. Stifling the community just to keep the rabid fan boys at bay isn't what would be best long term.

Nymphae

Banned

That's the point, somewhat. I frequent another private forum that requires a sign up fee, and the result is a smaller community of more focused people.

I'm not suggesting paid accounts here, merely stating that community growth is not necessarily always strictly positive. If this place ever gets as large as Resetera, I'm not sure how much I'll enjoy being here. Every time I've posted there, my post was buried immediately and not responded to.

I'm not big on people getting banned but I'd be lying if I said Gaming side has been very tolerable lately. Though how much of that is me being a stick in the mud is unclear, hah. I just can't take the endless speculation, why can't any of these people WAIT AND SEE. It's not like you can even pre-order one of these things right now if you even wanted to, right? If you didn't already pre-order your best bet is probably 2021 to actually get these things, maybe December, either way you'll KNOW by then these things you're arguing about, so fucking wait.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Xgsz0FT.jpg

RwF2mNu.gif

i just went on the longest rant at my liberal friend who's all pro-mask, pro-lockdown, etc. any time some news comes out that hurts his narrative he can't handle it, this time I was using the fear-mongering WHO did about how 90% of the world is susceptible to COVID still to point out that means 750 million people caught it already by WHO estimates, meaning the death rate is 0.14%... like the flu. haha. How is it not so damn simple? You're at risk? You're old? QUARANTINE YOURSELF, WEAR THE DAMN MASK, ORDER THINGS THROUGH DELIVERY... everyone else... live your goddamn life.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
"I have hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. Children used to come up to me at the pool and rub my hair so that they would get stiff. So I learned a lot about cockroaches, and I learned about children climbing into my lap, and I love it. "

🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
"I have hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. Children used to come up to me at the pool and rub my hair so that they would get stiff. So I learned a lot about cockroaches, and I learned about children climbing into my lap, and I love it. "

🤷‍♂️

Lol what in the fuck

O-N-E

Tesseract Tesseract

D55FE99A39B8ACB86CF7471B09D884AA1793C7AD

Be safe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom