• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I have been playing through Serious Sam this week. I really enjoyed the First Encounter and loved how the first phase of the final boss battle had you running towards the great pyramid and you see the massive UFO flying overhead. Perhaps I am just easily impressed but it was a genuine "Wow!" moment despite the game being so old.

I will be playing through The Second Encounter this weekend but I already like the change in setting which looks to have a greater variety of levels.

Flintty

thumbs up this post if you pee and try to aim at the side of the bowl so it doesnt make as much noise.

Both genders apply. I have no idea how a vagina works, maybe the can aim.

Also, I am tired.

Always when I know other people can hear me pee.

I raise you bunging some shit roll down the bowl so they can’t hear the plop.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
tenor.gif

I really don't like it when someone is a positive person in say the off-topic section or communities and then they get banned and when you check their post history you find out they go into gaming or politics and make a total fool of themselves. And usually they totally deserve the ban but a part of me would like that they were allowed to remain in the part of the forum they were positive in and people actually liked them. It would be like a thread band but instead you're locked out of entire sections of the forum. it's probably more work than someone who acts that way deserves though.

Nymphae

Banned
I'm going through Amazon for old tv shows to buy, and it just makes me laugh how many female centric shows there were in the 90's yet there's always this tacit understanding and media driven narrative that men don't like to see female leads and have always been keeping women down.

Like just off the top of my head - Buffy, Reba, Roseanne, The Ellen Show, The Nanny, Xena, La Femme Nikita, Felicity, Ally McBeal, Caroline in the City, Sex & the City, Dr. Quinn, Grace Under Fire, Blossom, Daria, Cybill, Murphy Brown, Moesha, Sabrina.....this is just female led stuff from the 90's, it just grown from there on and gets more and more insufferable to hear cringey patriarchy nonsense

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going through Amazon for old tv shows to buy, and it just makes me laugh how many female centric shows there were in the 90's yet there's always this tacit understanding and media driven narrative that men don't like to see female leads and have always been keeping women down.

Like just off the top of my head - Buffy, Reba, Roseanne, The Ellen Show, The Nanny, Xena, La Femme Nikita, Felicity, Ally McBeal, Caroline in the City, Sex & the City, Dr. Quinn, Grace Under Fire, Blossom, Daria, Cybill, Murphy Brown, Moesha, Sabrina.....this is just female led stuff from the 90's, it just grown from there on and gets more and more insufferable to hear cringey patriarchy nonsense
Ally McBeal was awful.

O-N-E

What happened to Tess?!

He's joining the troops.

-2xFuD.gif

Last edited:

I didn't like a single one of those shows. The '90s to me was all about Beavis and Butthead, The Simpsons, South Park, family Guy and Seinfeld

teezzy

Banned
I have all of Angel too. Shame that show never seemed to catch up to Buffy in popularity. Arguably just as good if not better once it found its footing.

Just glad I've kept my DVDs. I've heard nightmares about the HD remasters of them forcing the show into 16:9, etc. Spcial effects botched, crew appearing into frame, shots having large segments of frame cut off when forced to switch aspect ratios, etc.

Allegedly they've fixed most of this though? I have no idea. They did some similar pan and scan crap with Roseanne on Amazon and I just couldn't be bothered.

I'm really into 4:3 and CRT displays so DVD is perfect for me. Buffy, Angel, and Roseanne are my TV comfort food.

Never got the appeal of those shows... or anything with Joss Whedon's name attached to it.
I watched the entire first season of Buffy, the original movie and the episode called I think "Hush" where they can't talk or some shit. Angel I've seen sporadically because my mom would watch it, I saw the show's ending as well. I do enjoy Alien Resurrection, because I like every Alien movie, but I bet it'd have been better if Whedon hadn't written it.

People really need to stop trying to account suicide in the ban thread.

So, despite being mainly a PCMR person since 2011 I never was much of a mouse/keyboard fan (well besides the '90s). I was over my cousin's today, though and he just got initiated into the PCMR and was talking about how much better mouse/keyboard was so I was like... let me try your setup in a game. So, I played some Overwatch (that's like all he plays) and... I kinda liked playing mouse/keyboard? It made me think most my issues have to do with my personal set-up at home. Whether it's the desk, the type of pad, etc. the weird thing is he has the SAME MOUSE as me but his felt much better, to be fair mine was a hand-me-down but the person who passed it on to me claimed it was barely used, but my cousin's was much better feeling. He started talking DPI settings and I realized I've never messed with that shit, I'll fine tune in-game sensitivity settings but I should been doing it at a system level, basically I need the mouse to be LESS sensitive, my hands can get kinda shaky due to my anxiety issues and the more sensitive it is the harder it is for me to aim in a video game. I still should get a better desk and a nicer pad for it, also a new mouse/keyboard but y'know, whatever... all in good time, planning to build a whole new gaming PC in 2021 if my fortunes are good.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Never got the appeal of those shows... or anything with Joss Whedon's name attached to it.
I watched the entire first season of Buffy, the original movie and the episode called I think "Hush" where they can't talk or some shit. Angel I've seen sporadically because my mom would watch it, I saw the show's ending as well. I do enjoy Alien Resurrection, because I like every Alien movie, but I bet it'd have been better if Whedon hadn't written it.

People really need to stop trying to account suicide in the ban thread.

So, despite being mainly a PCMR person since 2011 I never was much of a mouse/keyboard fan (well besides the '90s). I was over my cousin's today, though and he just got initiated into the PCMR and was talking about how much better mouse/keyboard was so I was like... let me try your setup in a game. So, I played some Overwatch (that's like all he plays) and... I kinda liked playing mouse/keyboard? It made me think most my issues have to do with my personal set-up at home. Whether it's the desk, the type of pad, etc. the weird thing is he has the SAME MOUSE as me but his felt much better, to be fair mine was a hand-me-down but the person who passed it on to me claimed it was barely used, but my cousin's was much better feeling. He started talking DPI settings and I realized I've never messed with that shit, I'll fine tune in-game sensitivity settings but I should been doing it at a system level, basically I need the mouse to be LESS sensitive, my hands can get kinda shaky due to my anxiety issues and the more sensitive it is the harder it is for me to aim in a video game. I still should get a better desk and a nicer pad for it, also a new mouse/keyboard but y'know, whatever... all in good time, planning to build a whole new gaming PC in 2021 if my fortunes are good.
Rule #48 of PCMR: Tweak the settings to optimal feels

teezzy

Banned
I keep my Logitech G602 on the most sensitive setting. Anyone who uses my computer or work laptop (same model mouse for both) always flips out as they send the cursor flying across my monitors. For me, I prefer being able to just barely move the thing to get where I want.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I keep my Logitech G602 on the most sensitive setting. Anyone who uses my computer or work laptop (same model mouse for both) always flips out as they send the cursor flying across my monitors. For me, I prefer being able to just barely move the thing to get where I want.
min/maxer with the precision to wield it properly. I can respect that.

Yep. But not enough "strong wymenz" doing men stuff in them, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom