• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I think I'm just being a bit over-sensitive in letting things get on top of me. I need to 'man up' as they put it and take charge of things.
Something happened professionally on Friday that pissed me off and had me in a bad mood most the weekend. Came to find out Monday it was a pretty big nothingburger, per usual. But sometimes even knowing that was probably, and trying to keep things in perspective, it still just kinda ate at me. Shit happens to the best of us (and yes that means me, the best!)

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
teezzy teezzy is the best you son of a bitch.
dungeons and dragons middle finger GIF by Alpha

Star-Lord

Something happened professionally on Friday that pissed me off and had me in a bad mood most the weekend. Came to find out Monday it was a pretty big nothingburger, per usual. But sometimes even knowing that was probably, and trying to keep things in perspective, it still just kinda ate at me. Shit happens to the best of us (and yes that means me, the best!)
Truer words have never been said. I spent the majority of yesterday writing down my problems and a solution to each of them. Looking at the list, 7 of the 11 issues (yes, 11) can easily be managed. The other four not so much. But hey, I'm 63% better than I was before, so...yay?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Truer words have never been said. I spent the majority of yesterday writing down my problems and a solution to each of them. Looking at the list, 7 of the 11 issues (yes, 11) can easily be managed. The other four not so much. But hey, I'm 63% better than I was before, so...yay?
If any of your problems can be solved by a tasteful selection of hilariously oversized dildos, please let me know because I can help.

nush

Writing down your problems is a good way to stop double counting them in your head as you work through slightly mentally reworded descriptions of the same problem.

Star-Lord

Writing down your problems is a good way to stop double counting them in your head as you work through slightly mentally reworded descriptions of the same problem.
That's exactly what I was doing. In my head, I counted about 16 or so problems. Once I wrote them down, it was a few less to worry about. Now I've written them down, I can sort them by priority and get the bigger issues resolved straight away (or as near as possible to immediately) and leave the trivial stuff for later.

nush

I always wonder who it is when the ban message is just like "Nope" for some new account.

The first few posts a new account makes don't go live and need to get mod approved before they show up on the forum. "Nope" means that account had shown their ass right out the gate.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I could have a giant, multi-year project coming up to manage that would be a sort of career defining accomplishment if I pull it off. Or it could just be another Thursday and none of it happens if the acquisition doesn’t go through.

Stay tuned in about 4 months!

I could have a giant, multi-year project coming up to manage that would be a sort of career defining accomplishment if I pull it off. Or it could just be another Thursday and none of it happens if the acquisition doesn’t go through.

Stay tuned in about 4 months!
Wiggler Wednesdays is about to be replaced by Titty bar Thursdays.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Been a nightmarish couple months for me. I should have listened to everyone and my own better judgment about getting back with the ex gf. Not just her, also had major legal issues happen at the company I work for so have to start looking for another job, but been procrastinating about that big time since it’s not something I wanted to do and conflicts with my plans.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Been a nightmarish couple months for me. I should have listened to everyone and my own better judgment about getting back with the ex gf. Not just her, also had major legal issues happen at the company I work for so have to start looking for another job, but been procrastinating about that big time since it’s not something I wanted to do and conflicts with my plans.
The Ghost of Penis Past thanks your present self for your sacrifice.

Top Bottom