• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
First layer of cinder blocks done. I agitated an old neck/back injury so now I can't turn my head left. And I completely forgot that I invited a bunch of family over tomorrow and they want homemade pasta. Fuck.

At least this edible is keeping me relaxed.
So how's the pasta prep.

Peggies

Gold Member
Thank you :messenger_blowing_kiss:. Too bad I missed it.

I couldn't find a suitable "making pasta"-GIF so here's that:

w871tyV.jpg

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Dinner turned out great. I taught my nephew how to skateboard a little and then gave him my board so he can keep practicing.

The wife is finishing up the foundation this evening. I feel bad being laid up while she does all the labor.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
A friend of mine ran into an old grade school classmate recently. He was a kid that was bullied in grade school. Not hardcore bullying like getting beat up. But he was the kid that was made fun of. I was never one of the people who bullied, but one of my friends who I've been friends with for 30 years was. He's long since changed and isn't that kinda person anymore, this was when we were like 10 or 11. Anyway, he was at the store and the old classmate went up to him, and said something like "Hey man, remember me back from grade school?" And my friend was like hey man, how have you been? And he responded by saying "Yeah, I take MMA, I'm not the kind to be bullied anymore, ya feel me?" And my friend was like ummm... ok, well hope you're doing well dude.

And it made me think that if he still thinks about it almost 30 years later, how much we are altered by our childhoods. It literally can shape you psychologically for the rest of your lives. Some people spend their entire lives running from demons formed in your adolescence.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Really want to start a podcast. I tried doing one years back and I posted a few episodes on my old social media and people told me I was really good at it. And these were people who’d tell me I sucked if I did. Not sycophants. But I did them solo and I hated editing them. I had to relisten to an hour long episode and edit out any awkward pauses, ummm’s, coughs, sniffles, etc. And with only like 10 people listening it just wasn’t worth it to put that time into it.

So if I do one I’m going to do it with a partner. Problem is, really not many of my friends share any interests with me I’d like to talk about. And the ones who do, don’t know enough about about the topics I’d like to focus on to do a podcast. Which are mainly true crime and general crime, with current events tied into crime. Like for example I’d cover a lot of cases I’d like to talk about in regards to true crime, but I’d also have talked about the Salman Rushdie case because that’s a crime, and I have a lot of thoughts on crime in general and how certain societal trends can lead to crime.

I just have no idea how to go about finding a podcast partner, and if it’s really even worth it. They’d have to be a stranger and I’d have no rapport with this person, so you can’t just jump into doing a podcast with a total stranger.

Last edited:

nush

Which are mainly true crime and general crime, with current events tied into crime. Like for example I’d cover a lot of cases I’d like to talk about in regards to true crime,

Watch the Youtube channel Coffehouse Crime and do that. He does that solo and had great growth in about a year IIRC.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
My wife got hoagie rolls for a dinner later this week, but that means I want to make a breakfast sandwich monstrosity with one today. I’m thinking buttering up and toasting the hoagie then frying up two eggs, two strips of bacon, an elongated sausage patty, some ham and smothering it in cheese…

Why wait all day to eat all my calories??

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
My wife got hoagie rolls for a dinner later this week, but that means I want to make a breakfast sandwich monstrosity with one today. I’m thinking buttering up and toasting the hoagie then frying up two eggs, two strips of bacon, an elongated sausage patty, some ham and smothering it in cheese…

Why wait all day to eat all my calories??
I think I’m fasting all day today. I’ve been eating poorly the past week. God speed man.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I’m gonna start bringing home bundles of deadfall after camping. I can’t imagine we’re going to have gas shortages or price spikes out of my range this winter but it can’t hurt to have a supply on hand for emergencies…we had a power outage last winter until 9PM and while I could run our gas fireplace, the fan wouldn’t work and it was starting to get chilly in other parts of the house. If we didn’t have natural gas I would’ve been ready to bail out to my parents’ house in the morning.

Being able to burn wood as a backup of the backup is nice. Also I’m probably getting a tri fuel generator this fall

Peggies

Gold Member
I can handle the cold a lot better than I can the heat.

You know, because i'm fat.
I hear you!

You can always put on some more clothes when you're cold but at some point you can't undress anymore to cool down and then you're fucked - and not in the nice way.

Fucking stupid shit heat :pie_bull:.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
After this week I doubt we'll see 90+ (32C) again for the rest of the year outside of a one off here or there...also we've had an above average monsoonal season so it's kept the wildfires and shit tamped down.

I still think I want to execute a plan to GTFO of dodge and have a rural property somewhere farther North.

Star-Lord

I hear you!

You can always put on some more clothes when you're cold but at some point you can't undress anymore to cool down and then you're fucked - and not in the nice way.

Fucking stupid shit heat :pie_bull:.
My 69 layers of fat keep me warm in the cold, but when its hot, they make me sweat like Jimmy Saville at a playground.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Let her go man.
I want to. She texted me yesterday saying “please call me” so I called to make sure she was alright and that led to this situation. I’ve been beside myself about her since yesterday. I only slept 2 hours. She was the last thing on my mind before this happened. We got back into our vicious cycle in the past in exactly this way too.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
I want to. She texted me yesterday saying “please call me” so I called to make sure she was alright and that led to this situation. I’ve been beside myself about her since yesterday. I only slept 2 hours. She was the last thing on my mind before this happened. We got back into our vicious cycle in the past in exactly this way too.

Kick her to the curb

Plenty of fish

Exes are exes for a reason

Block her number.

We have Peggies Peggies she makes us laugh and brightens up our days. Use her strength to get past this.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
How long were you two dating?

Top Bottom