• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Mimi means a secret in Chinese.
EqCgBAe.jpg

It also means this

Ionian

her outMimi means a secret in Chinese.

Wow makes sense. First cat as a kid was called Memo due to the book beside the phone.

Was always an 'M' after. Little sister was tasked to name.

Other sister had a rabbit named "Mario", fox ate it.

Became family tradition. Not the fox but the 'm'.

Maddie, the collie, honestly am so sad for her. She had a brilliant life. My father found her abandoned as a pup on school grounds.

Why? zero idea but he brought her home. A scared pup but quickly became family.

Her out, there are no words. At least she died on a farm. She had a proper send-off.

Toons

My boss was the one on the receiving end and thankfully he knows well the stress of our work. He talked me down a bit. My wife was home due to the weather and got to experience the whole thing. She got me back down to a manageable level. I asked her this afternoon if she sees now why I don't always like to talk about my day. :p

Honestly, I was posting on Gaf here as a means to distract from the stress too. I really do love this community because it's been the best antidote to the stress of life. Gaf is my happy place. Everyone in this thread and the other places I routinely post are such a source of positivity in my life.

EW stop being sentimental we are GAMERS here. Go back to your Disney movies you NARD

["Jk"]

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
meh when you’re on thin ice like he was it’s basically asking for it
Not sure why he came back to post. Seems like he'd creep back into his GAF account and throw lolz reactions on anyone trash talking GAF but then virtue signal against the mods anytime one of his derptard friends got banned for bucket members out with DMs. Like, why have an account if you don't want to be on GAF. Derp goons are becoming the 4-chan version of Reset. They leave a dormant account and then post their hot takes to the ban train the moment someone offends their clan. It may be close to Christmas, but I can take this Santa hat off and put on my funeral swag and have a good ole' grave dance. 😎

haxan7

Banned
Not sure why he came back to post. Seems like he'd creep back into his GAF account and throw lolz reactions on anyone trash talking GAF but then virtue signal against the mods anytime one of his derptard friends got banned for bucket members out with DMs. Like, why have an account if you don't want to be on GAF. Derp goons are becoming the 4-chan version of Reset. They leave a dormant account and then post their hot takes to the ban train the moment someone offends their clan. It may be close to Christmas, but I can take this Santa hat off and put on my funeral swag and have a good ole' grave dance. 😎
Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I sure love how after someone in the family has a procedure or appointment outside of a normal doc visit you get bills from everyone and their dog for weeks and months on end. Kid had tonsillectomy in October and just got another bill for $150 for the anesthesia…cool I wonder when the janitor’s association and snow removal guy’s bills will show up. Goddamn I bet even with insurance this is gonna cost more than paying out of pocket in Mexico or something, and at least there I could get some chiclets

No idea where to post this, so here we go. Have fun in mediation court contractor/tradie who did fuck all in 2 years, in and out of pandemic. I've had enough of your shit. Paid a deposit heading on 2 years, had Covid lockdowns etc and the last 6 months this fucker has ghosted me. I'm over it and have been very patient etc. I'm going him for more than just the deposit.

Why are there so many asshats in business?

Thaedolus

Gold Member
No idea where to post this, so here we go. Have fun in mediation court contractor/tradie who did fuck all in 2 years, in and out of pandemic. I've had enough of your shit. Paid a deposit heading on 2 years, had Covid lockdowns etc and the last 6 months this fucker has ghosted me. I'm over it and have been very patient etc. I'm going him for more than just the deposit.

Why are there so many asshats in business?
Because they get away with it too many times and don’t expect someone to crash their party

Because they get away with it too many times and don’t expect someone to crash their party
Oh, I have just crashed his party, submitted my case this morning. Fuck that guy. I'm always teaching my kids to give a shit about their work quality, even menial tasks.

The dumbass is a sole trader too, which means he is personally liable, not just his business. I'll settle before the court case if he wants but the outcome is going to end his party either way.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I sure love how after someone in the family has a procedure or appointment outside of a normal doc visit you get bills from everyone and their dog for weeks and months on end. Kid had tonsillectomy in October and just got another bill for $150 for the anesthesia…cool I wonder when the janitor’s association and snow removal guy’s bills will show up. Goddamn I bet even with insurance this is gonna cost more than paying out of pocket in Mexico or something, and at least there I could get some chiclets
I thought it was just a rumor about coming down to Mexico for out of pocket paid dental care...until I moved here. There are plenty of Dentists you'd want to steer clear of but some big name institutes here too with all these new high-end European engineered x-rays, clean tools and pretty well decorared professionals. There are lower class families here where the children ands can afford braces. I recall my copay in Illinois costing more than services here. Dental surgeons here are international too and often work in the U.S. too. But they charge good ole American bills to work there.

It's pretty common for aussies to travel to places like Bali and get dental or cosmetic work done. There are some real horror stories but there are successes far more often. My wife and her girlfriend, when our families went to Bali together, researched and booked a major tooth whitening procedure. I dropped them off and the place was more modern, cleaner, professional and experience staff etc than over here in Melbourne, Australia. Super impressed. The ladies were sceptical beforehand but after the results were immediate. I understand it's not major dental surgery etc but I would have no hesitation to return to such an establishment and skilled business in any country.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I actually opted into dental coverage now that the kids are older. It made sense to pay out of pocket for cleanings vs the monthly premium for coverage when it was just my wife and me but now that the kids are old enough for 2x a year, that makes 8 cleanings that are fully covered under the plan…plus coverage for any emergency work, which you never know…

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
TIl that you can still go into serval branches of the military at 40. The navy cutoff is now 41. Can you imagine going in and being 20 years older than the rest?

Thaedolus

Gold Member
My dad and I picked up my brother and his fam from the airport at midnight last night, flying in from TX. They were all like whaaaaat theeeee fuuuuuuuuuuuck at the temps here haha

I actually opted into dental coverage now that the kids are older. It made sense to pay out of pocket for cleanings vs the monthly premium for coverage when it was just my wife and me but now that the kids are old enough for 2x a year, that makes 8 cleanings that are fully covered under the plan…plus coverage for any emergency work, which you never know…

Same, my misses is OCD about our kids/her teeth. Dental coverage is basically always max for us in our health insurance. Same goes for pet insurance with kids around, used that twice already and it saved us two cash outlay bundles.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Anyone else just randomly get E1M1 music stuck in their head on occasion?
You mean I’m not the only one???

Also we’re getting a kitty…oh Lordy. We were talking to my father in law about it a couple weeks ago, last night he brought over what’s basically a kitty starter kit he put together, and then my cousin posted on Facebook that she’s got a 5 month old kitty she needs a new home for because she is allergic to him. Seems like the stars aligned

Thaedolus

Gold Member
On a work call

"I want a package that's long and deep but narrow..."

Young quality engineer on mute but whose camera is on starts stifling laughter.

I had to IM him and say I saw that

Peggies

Gold Member
Link to those Gremlin Christmas tree decorations please?
I ordered it via Amazon but it's actually from this shop:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
My new work nemesis has changed his tune and is all gratitude and friendliness now. I’m going out to the plant for the Christmas party/lunch tomorrow and will finally meet him in person. I except awkwardness. Maybe I should try to drop some of my elite level Spanglish on him to lighten the mood, that’s a neat trick.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Well I can already tell this cat is going to be my shadow because I’m the only one in the house that’s ever had one growing up and he won’t leave me or go to anyone else.

At least there hasn’t been a fight with the dog yet, they’re both just kinda side eying each other

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
My new work nemesis has changed his tune and is all gratitude and friendliness now. I’m going out to the plant for the Christmas party/lunch tomorrow and will finally meet him in person. I except awkwardness. Maybe I should try to drop some of my elite level Spanglish on him to lighten the mood, that’s a neat trick.

Fight him

769879.jpg

Last edited:

Toons

EviLore EviLore I think you said you'd blacklisted certain domains for ads before, might be worth looking at this one, imagine a lot of people don't want to see corpses when they're browsing a video game forum.

No no, I wanna see em!!

Also you didn't spoiler it correctly so I saw them anyway. You awakened this in me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom